CH 47: TOWARD A NEW FUTURE
2k 5 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fuck!!!!" 

A middle-aged man cursed in his office as he swept all the documents on his desk in a fit of anger. 

The numerous instruments clacked as they fell while the paper floated in the air. 

*Crunch*

The man, disheveled, eyes bloodshot and breath rugged, looked once again on the screen of his terminal, showing him the numerous letters of convocation he had received. The continuous beep still sounded in his ears, telling him that this wasn't the end. 

Koichi Shido, who sat on a chair in the corner of the room was also nearly suffering from a mental breakdown as he rhythmically tapped his foot. 

Yesterday had been a true nightmare. Waking up to the screaming voice of his father and that–horrendous video. 

He had underestimated the personal power of that brat far too much. No, not just his power. 

*Crunch*

Koichi was many things, but he wasn't a fool. He now understood that Akira's display on his last visit was just a play, a way to hide his fang and made them relax their guard. 

'I need to cut my losses.'

He didn't fear for his life. He was different from Black Lotus. He was both a civil and an upright citizen. 

–No sane person would dare to kill the son of a politician. 

*Crunch*

Calming his fear, he began to assess how to cut his losses. Looking at the disheveled appearances of Gasai, he reaffirmed his resolve. 

Gasai was nearly finished...He just needed to give the fatal blow. 

Thinking so, he rose from his seat and showed his usual smile, "Gasai-San, do not worry. The situation isn't as bad as you might think. We still have a margin to maneuver." 

"R-really?" As if grasping at straw, Gasai raised his head and starred at Koichi, his eyes full of hope. 

'Gotcha.'

What neither of the two remarked, was that next to them, sat a young boy with a bored expression as he bit heavily into an apple. 

*Crunch*

----[AKIRA POV] 

<<Confusion>>

This was a very interesting spell. In practice, it wasn't that powerful, but it was very insidious. 

When I initially saw this spell, I was about to dismiss it, but then it made me remember the power of a girl from the anime named Charlotte. Nao Tomori. Her ability, <<imperfect invisibility>> allowed her to hide from the views of one person at any moment. 

<<Confusion>> followed the same principles by shifting sound, smell, vision, etc, only that it was wider in scope. This spell was useless against powerful people since they could use more than the normal five senses, but against weak people like those two, it was perfect. 

'Should I kill them?' 

I couldn't help but wonder as I looked at them. Sadly, even though I wanted to simply off them and be done with this boring shit, this would make all my previous work to get the wealth of the Gasai family as well as the custody of Yuno useless. 

Kidnapping her as I was about to do was already stretching the limits, but I had no other choice. Law was slow. From what Yuno 3 told me, Yuno 4 was still relatively sane, even though a little broken. If I took too much time, the Yuno I will meet might be crazier than the first Yuno ever was. 

'This is such a pain.'

I really should have asked to be reincarnated into a Xianxia. Less compilation. More killing. Well, this currently wasn't bad. 

*Crunch*

Taking another bit of this rather delicious apple, I got up and began to walk away. Gasai's death was a foregone conclusion. The same went for Koichi. I didn't have to bother about walking corpses. I had a yandere to save. 

----[??? Pov] 

'I am hungry.'

A young girl thought as she laid down in a cage. 

The cage was currently in a dark basement, the only source of light being the faint moonlight filtering from the window. 

As the light touched her cage and illuminated the situation, any sane man would have his eyes redden at the current situation of the girl. 

The girl, a rather young girl wearing a blue shirt and skirt, was dirty. Extremely and pitifully dirty. 

Her cage didn't seem to have been cleaned in ages. 

Her uniform was full of tears and holes. Her cage, full of filth and body waste. On the corner, the decaying body of different vermins such as rats and rodents could be seen, bite marks still clear on them. 

*Growl*

Putting her hand on her growling stomach, the girl curled up and closed her eyes. She was used to this state now. She could hold on. She just had to close her eyes and force herself to sleep. 

Sleeping. 

This was the sole avenue of escape left for this girl. 

When she slept, she didn't have to feel hungry. 

When she slept, she didn't have to feel thirsty.

When she slept, she could dream of a life without all this pain. 

*Growl*

"I am hungry."

She murmured dreamily. Her stomach hurts so much, but she didn't particularly care. She was used to it. Pain was her constant companion. She had stopped crying over something like pain very long ago. 

Her eyes vacant, she looked at the rest of the most recent rat she had eaten. Maggots and cockroaches could already be seen moving busily on and in its corpse while a nauseating odor was emanating from it. 

Salivating a little, the girl restrained herself. She wanted to eat it, but she had learned the hard way that she shouldn't eat decaying corpses. Taste aside, the pain from the disease was way worse than the pain from her hunger. 

"Mother, I am sorry."

Murmuring once again, with her cracked lips that were slightly bleeding, the girl tucked her head close to her knees. 

She didn't understand why she had to go through all that. All she knew was that from what her mother told her, she was a bad girl. That she needed to become perfect. 

But what does becoming perfect mean? She did not understand, she could not understand, she refused to understand. 

Closing her eyes once again, tears that she thought had long dried began to slowly fall once again, 

*Hic* *Hic*

Those tears changed into a quiet sob. 

Her condition was awful. Her body was tired and sick and starved, her mind was on the verge of snapping. 

It was at this moment that she murmured, 

"Please… Someone, anyone, help me." 

And just as she was to fall into a hopefully sleep full of dreams, 

"Hello beautiful, It seems that I was called."

A cheeky laugh followed by a gentle voice immediately woke her up. 

Looking at the direction of the voice, what greeted her was an outstretched hand. 

"Hello princess, your nightmare is now finished. Why? Because I am here."

61