#1 Traumatic Encounter
336 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1

At the center of the Nezkarian desert laid a deserted region with little to no life. Its vast emptiness made many travelers avoid treading into the area for fear that they would be unable to escape from the desolate place. Therefore after so many years the central area became known as the lonely land.

Unbeknown to many a young nature spirit was miraculously born there.

At a small area, in the middle of nowhere, a bundle of cacti plants was able to survive in the harsh region and after so many years of perseverance, one of them resulted with the birth of a cute cactus spirit.

Being born in the empty plains with no one but himself the spirit grew up all alone, and as a small spirit ball that had yet to mature, the limitation of his ability restricted him to venture out of his home. All he could do was to slowly pass the time.

And so time slowly passed by.

Wiggle, wiggle.

1

A cute little spirit was dancing at the center of the empty desert. The young cactus spirit, who was now one year of age, was jiggling his round pudgy spiritual body about in the air as he started to hum a bright melody.

It was an improvised song that he had created after living by himself for a year. The strange jiggly dance he did was supposed to be a form of practice to improve his control over his spiritual body, but because of the sheer amount of boredom he faced each day, it had become a form of entertainment for him to pass the day.

With a small spin at the end of his humming, the dance came to a perfect end and the young spirit looked at the desolate land with the same usual smile.

He looked around hoping that maybe something had changed after his dance, but with a careful observation, he knew the scene was just the same as always.

Knowing that nothing had changed he decided to pass the rest of the day inside his cactus body.

Hesitant to return, he looked around one last time but no miracle came. Dejectedly he slowly made his way home.

Inside the cactus, he once again, like yesterday, closed his eyes and imagine what could have happened.

This was one of his past time that he had made and it was the only thing he could do besides dancing outside.

But for a person with scarce knowledge like him, his imagination was limited. The only thing he could create was him dancing with another copy of himself, and he would always think of how nice it would have been if there was someone else.

Living alone in this desolate place he wasn’t able to learn anything. Language, people, animals and the different places in the world, it was just too difficult for him to learn any of that when there was nothing to be seen.

Maybe because he started out secluded by the richness of the world that he did not know what loneliness was, nor did he know how ignorant he was, so he never felt unhappy with his situation but that was not to say that he was a happy person.

He was just a survivor trying do all he can to pass the day with a smile.

As he giggles himself with his primitive imagination, he slowly dozed off towards a pleasant sleep.

And so once again time slowly passed by.

Three years came in a flash but to the young spirit he didn’t sense it at all. The lack of change near his vicinity made him felt like he numb from time.

Living alone at the same place for four years resulted in many questions. Though he tried to brush them away with his dancing, he was unable to wipe it all away from his head.

With so many questions not answered and repeatedly coming back to haunt him, he had become less and less satisfied with his lifestyle.

He had tried and experiment all possible ways for him to bypass the restriction of his movement but it was all for naught as his spirit was tied to his cactus body. If he were to go far away from it he could feel his existence slowly fade away.

Remembering the attempt made him recall the unpleasant feelings of fear and frustration. It was something new to him and it was something that he did not enjoy.

He realized that the more he explored the more danger there was. With no one to guide and teach him about life he was unable to live normally.

As his spirit began to feel despondent and his thoughts began to grow negative it was at this fragile time that he was able to meet a fateful encounter.

Part 2

It had already been seven years since his birth.

With his usual routine ending earlier than usual, the young cactus spirit was about to go back home but before he was about to return he saw a sudden change before him.

To the west, the wind blew hard covering the area with dust. Inside the dust storm, a shadowed figure moved slowly towards the direction of the spirit.

Curious to the scene before him the young spirit’s sight was completely drawn to the situation.

After the wind gradually calmed down the mysterious figure was now clearly visible to the young spirit.

However, though he could clearly see the person he was unable to make any assumption on to what kind of existence it was. His minuscule knowledge proved useless in the case.

Though ignorance played a role in his ability to identify the figure, it was also the strange appearance of the person that had made it far more difficult to assume his identity.

The strange creature had dark green hair that covered his face; the messy and overly long style of it made him look like he had seaweed covering his head. Besides his ears were white antlers that were shaped unevenly on both sides.

The clothes he wore fully covered his body and the style of it was something the spirit had never seen before.  On his back was a bag filled with weird items in all forms of shape and colors, it was difficult to know what any of their uses were due to their strange designs.

2

Nothing about him could be described as clean and though the surrounding became visible after the dust storm left, it had felt like the person became even more difficult to look at.

After walking sloppily in the hot desert the mysterious person stopped momentarily the moment he focused his gaze towards the bundle of cacti in front of him.

Curious as to what made him stop the young cactus spirit tried to call out to him but before he could even try to initiate any form of communication a strange and somewhat scary smile could be seen from the figure.

Like a wild man crazy for his prey the dirty looking creature dropped all his belonging and charged straight towards the cacti in front of him.

Rushing like a mad beast in all four his already hideous appearance became even more disgusting as he threw all his sense of shame behind him.

Confused by his action the ignorant little spirit could only be baffled by what he was witnessing, but shortly after his expression drastically changed from confusion to fear.

The crazy man, driven by thirst, butchered the big round cacti around him with his giant knife and skinned them down their side revealing their sweet juicy substance for him to drink.

As he sank his mouth at the naked cactus, he made a violent and crude slurping sound as he enjoyed drying every bit of the poor victim’s life.

With a satisfied smile, he laughed crazily as he chanted some words which the spirit couldn’t understand.

It was madness.

3

A massacre right before his eyes. The young cactus spirit was too frightened to even speak up as his spiritual body trembled in fear.

Mercilessly going from one cactus to another the creature then slowly turned towards the spirit’s physical body; the small cactus near the center of the group.

Alerted from the sense of danger the little cactus spirit could not help but cry out, but to no avail, the big bad monster in front of his eyes came closer and closer as if he had not heard him.

Knowing that his cries did not stop the crazy person the spirit frantically looked for a way to stop him but with the pressure drawing closer and with no solution in sight he could only watch as the monster drew near.

After having a good drink from the previous cacti he had slaughtered, the monster came to the small cactus to “delicately” extract the liquid from the cactus into a container to store for a later time. However just as he was about skin the little cactus a loud scream pushed him back away from the cactus.

The deafening sound came with an invisible attack that disrupted his soul making him felt quite sick as he felt the urge to vomit out everything he had.

“What… the?” the young man spoke with a rough voice still dry from the desert heat.

He looked towards the little cactus and strangely enough he was now able to see a small spirit, on top of the cactus, bawling its eyes out with his body shaking in fear frightened by what he had experienced.

“A nature spirit?” The person looked curiously towards it and then looked towards the surrounding with a frown.  “All alone here?”

Pitying the little spirit he then realized the monstrosity of his action which he had brazenly done in front of the little spirit.

Looking at the bits and pieces of the cacti which he had savagely butchered he could not help but awkwardly look towards the little spirit who was crying like a baby.

“Oh no!”

 
 
 
5