Chapter 1 – Awakening
53 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a cool spring day with the flowers blooming, in the middle of a forest a newborn cub opens its eyes. The Cub awakens to see a transparent layer of some sort near in its vision, behind this layer The Cub sees a plethora of green objects swaying back and forth for seemingly no reason. The Cub soon directs its attention to the other things in its vision. There is a bright light coming from the upper region, but it is obscured by more green objects. These green objects are different though they also sway like the others but they are much larger and seem to be gathered in groups. As The Cub looks closer at this new green object it sees that the groups of green objects seem to be gathered around long brown objects. The brown objects seem to sway as well but less, and the brown objects seem to sway less the larger they are to the point where some are not even swaying. 

The Cub soon gets distracted by a sudden disturbance in the smaller green objects normal sway pattern. A small brown object seems to move out from within the small green objects, but this small brown object doesn’t seem to move in any kind of pattern unlike the other brown objects. The Cub observes this object for some time till it notices that it seems to move with a different type of pattern. It moves based on sections of the object and the primary sections that move seem to be a small triangle shape at the front and 4 objects similar to the original brown objects. These 4 small objects seem to be what causes the overall object to move. The front triangle object also seems to have a secondary movement that causes it to destroy the small green objects around it. 

The Cub can’t seem to understand as to why the object destroys the small green objects but soon the object moves to outside of The Cub’s vision and The Cub is left with the same scene as before but now with less small green objects around. Suddenly The Cub notices something it did not see before. There are large black objects at the bottom of it’s vision and in front of the transparent layer. It notices that these objects do not follow the swaying or the movements of the other objects. Instead they only seem to slowly raise then lower. After some time The Cub soon comes to realise that this doesn’t seem to be a pattern that will change after any time of waiting. When it looks away from the black objects it realises that the previous light source that existed before no longer does. As The Cub realises this is suddenly noticed that its vision slowly starts to disappear behind black layers coming from the top and bottom of its vision. After it realises this it has already almost covered his vision entirely and soon finishes doing so.

The Cub then felt its vision open but yet not. In it’s vision it could once again see the small brown object from earlier in the day that moved 4 objects to move its body. The Cub couldn’t help but feel like it could do the same, but The Cub doesn’t understand what objects it could use to move the same way. After seeing the scene repeated 3 times and still not understanding why it keeps seeing the same scene the layer blocking The Cub’s vision suddenly opened for real and The Cub saw the same scene as before but now it had some differences. Some of the green objects at the bottom seem to have been crushed and no longer swayed. For a long time the scene stayed the same and The Cub noticed that the light from above gets brighter but then gets darker. The Cub knew it wasn’t long before the light fades again and as The Cub had assumed the light soon after disappeared and the black layer returned and it once again watched the small brown object 3 times over. 

This process repeated over 10 times before anything changed. During these 10 days The Cub decided to name the objects that moved different ways different things. It called the swaying objects plants which is a word it doesn’t understand but for some reason felt it belonged as the name of them. The Cub also named the erratic movement object creature which The Cub didn’t understand but felt right like the plants. But on the 10th repeat of the process The Cub noticed something new when the black layer disappeared, there was now a new object moving in front of The Cub but still beyond the transparent layer. After a quick observation The Cub determined it also fell into the creature category but yet it’s movements were not quite the same as the movements of the first creature. This creature was far larger and had two large triangles that moved up and down at a very rapid pace. The creature was also brown but seemed to have a different texture to its body. It also seemed to only use those two large triangles to move and seemed to stay above the small green plants at the bottom. As The Cub finished its observation it suddenly realised it missed something. The large creature seemed to have the smaller creature from before within some hooks at the bottom of the body. The Cub also noticed some differences with the smaller creature. The small creature no longer appeared to be moving but instead had lines of red coming out from where the hooks of the larger creature are around it. 

As the larger creature left The Cubs vision The Cub suddenly felt a new strange feeling. It felt a strange sense of yearning and then some other kind of new feeling. This second feeling was moving but The Cub couldn’t understand where it was or why it felt it. Soon The Cub determined that this feeling was called a liquid, it determined this by means that not even it understands but yet knew was right. Soon this liquid feeling disappeared after moving down for some time, but suddenly it appeared again in a different area and started to travel down. After a short time of it traveling down The Cub suddenly saw something new in its vision. On one of the black objects before the transparent layer there was now another transparent object that seemed to be moving down at the same pace as the liquid feeling. The Cub figured that this must be the liquid after some time of observation. But then The Cub wondered as to why it could feel this liquid on the black objects. The Cub suddenly couldn't get the picture of the 4 objects, that were propelling the smaller creature, out of its mind. While The Cub thought of this it also thought of the 2 triangles that propelled the larger creature.

As The Cube thought of these two things it suddenly noticed that the black object seemed to twitch whenever The Cub focused on the objects that propelled the two creatures. The Cub experimented with this till the light disappeared and the layer of black reappeared. What was different about this time was instead of replaying the scene of the small creature moving the feeling of the liquid and the scene of the twitching were replaying instead. During the time this scene was replaying The Cub decided that these black objects before the transparent layer must be connected with itself. So for the next few cycles The Cub ignored all the things happening to the plants and creatures and instead focused on the feeling of moving the black objects around.

4