Crossing
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sahara takes a deep breath before diving. Her small body steadily flies away from the cliff hanging over Hell's gate. A real hellhole.

"You will never be a true devil." She can still hear her father's words echoing doubts in her head.

The "Crossing" is an event she waited for her whole life. An event where devils cross the black line dividing the Heaven, Earth, and Hell. Demons would wait for years at irregular times when the black line thinned just enough for them to cross. Wrecking havoc on Earth, they would soon be hunted by angels and thrown back into Hell. Rinse and repeat, but... 

"You're not good enough."

The ever-smiling devil sat there on his lavish throne, looking down on her with blue eyes as cold as Hell's flame. His slick hair golden like the cup of wine in his hand. Lucifer was worthy of being the most beautiful angel, not anymore.

"Your wrong, I'm as worthy as any of those demons!" She argued, while forgetting to reign in her emotions, her brown eyes reflected her mood by bursting into a furious orange.

Within seconds, Lucifer threw her like a rag doll across the room. She landed face first in the soft carpet with a possible carpet burn. Sahara quickly moved to get up, but not fast enough, as Satan picked her up by the neck.

"Look at me." He demanded as if he was asking her to pass the salt.

She looked anywhere else around the cold-marble room but him.

"I said look at me!" His grip tighten enough to make her squirm like a bug in his hold. That's all she is to him, a bug. "I won't ask again."

When she looked at him, he was still smiling. She couldn't read him; she could never read him. That terrified her.

"A child," he said close to her ear, "That's all you are and always will be." He threw her to the ground before heading back to his seat.

And she watched him, until he said without turning around, "Go back to your room and don't test me any further."

The memory heated her up, mocked her even. It gave her enough courage to do what she is doing now. With heavy armor that covered her unusual soot colored skin, she participated in the Crossing. 

Demons of all kind flies ahead of her. She watches them in excitement as they quickly dodge debris and fire created by Hell's hidden mechanism. Also, sponsored by Heaven, for some peculiar reason. The traps created to keep wandering spirits from entering or exiting. She follow the demons: every twist, spins, and turns. That is... until she was hit.

"Ouch! Hot! Hot! Hot!" She blows out the fire on her feathered wings before getting hit by debris. "What the imps! Is this an all—you—can—hit type of an event! Stop that, Author!"

Author: *shrugs* 乁( •_• )ㄏ Deal with it, I was getting bored. Now, stop breaking the fourth wall because I'm too poor to fix it.

Finally, after rudely breaking the forth wall, Sahara reaches the exit without knowing the horror that awaits her in the dark mouth of the exit.

Sahara: For Hell's sake, it's only the first chapter but why do I want to quit already?    (ノಥ,_」ಥ)ノ彡┻━┻

Author: *shrugs intensifies* ╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭

0