chapter 3
122 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, where we go from here?" On the base of the Red Line, in the New World side, one could see about 3 thousand people standing there in a daze. None could believe they actually got free from that hell and tears could be seen in most of their eyes.

Tears of regret and pain over what has happened to them, tears of hate for the Tenryubito and the world government, tears of relief that their lives were about to start anew, tears of pure emotion at the prospect of no longer being slaves. Tears for freedom.

It was at this moment that several marine ships started coming. They were ordered to apprehend all the 'criminals' that set fire to Mare Goise, not one of the marines hesitated on these orders as they got into the beach area where the former slaves were.

"You are all under arrest for crimes against the World Government. Resistance is futile and will only increase the punishment you scum are to receive for doing such a heinous crime!" A marine Commodore by the name of Brannew said loudly, his voice commanding as he shouted for these slaves to give up and go right back to carrying those chains.

The answer for such an idea was a huge NO.

Fisher Tiger was already bloody from the conflict and would have still fought on, but before he could the boy roared loudly, his friends of the same race doing the same and the 20 or so Fanalis moved together towards the Marine ships.

At first the marines didn't care, they were just a bunch of kids who looked like they were finished and would thus be easy to subdue and kill, many of the marines being experienced in doing such a thing with kids, but this was anything but that.

One must understand, the Fanalis race has long since disappeared from the public eye, no one really remembering them. However, they were once a legend amongst legends on the battlefield and there was not one Fanalis who wasn't able to match over a hundred regular humans easily.

And these kids, despite their young age and bad conditions of health, were not ordinary even amongst Fanalis. They were the few who survived after what could only be called selective breeding of the race, as fewer and fewer Fanalis were left as time passed and only the strongest of them continued living. Not only that, they also all had the experience of battles of life and death, all experiencing the harshest battles continuously for as long as they took their first steps.

The seeds produced from the most nasty environment were those wich had the highest chance of flourishing the highest, and each one of those kids were those seeds with the boy being the highest of them all. They moved like beasts unleashed amongst a flock of sheep, their movements were fast to the point only those of the captain or Commodore rank could even follow their movements properly, and on the ship they had entered even less of them were able to properly keep up.

"Don't forget about me, Moo~~!" Uma said loudly as she too entered the fray, going to one of the ships that had reached land. With a mighty grunt, she used her back to pull it up, raising the entire ship above her head. That was a ship that could carry around one thousand soldiers, weighting multiple tons of weight, and she raised it without much problem after she used her full mythical zhoan power, turning into a minotaur. Her form changed to be over five meters tall and muscles could be seen all over her entire body with not a single exception. She was an extremely intimidating figure, to say the least, and her strength left many marines in awe and shock.

She looked at the other ships and saw a few nearby, with a grin she prepared herself and-

"If you guys love 'justice' so much, then go screw with somebody else!" She yelled as she threw the entire ship, hitting three others that were close by and exploding the whole thing.

The others around were all shocked, but that was as shocked as they got as the Fanalis kids had finished throwing out or killing all the marines in the ship they had invaded. It was only a few minutes at most but many people quickly died in the hands of this race.

"Come on, get inside!" The boy shouted and the former slaves all ran to the ship, only the Fishman and some of the others who were closer by ran to another ship that Fisher Tiger had previously prepared. Fisher and the boy exchanged a gaze from the distance and both smirked, both had great respect for one another and they quickly left the place.

On the stolen marine ship many of the younger slaves and those the boy rescued were inside. They included several of those slaves from the deeper parts of that fucking city, there were plenty of slaves from rare races and with unique heritages as they were mostly prizes to show off or who were considered 'premium goods' amongst slaves. They all looked in fascination as someone took the helm of this ship, the person who did so was an old slave by the name of Rob who was in the general slave part of their prison. He was once the helmsman of a small pirate crew but he ended up in slavery back in Sabaody after being kidnapped and stayed a slave for over 20 years now, he was likely the oldest slave of them all.

"Everyone, the Marine is still coming." He said as the marines continued to approach, more than 8 ships were coming to them and 10 were going towards the ship where Fisher Tiger was. It was a perilous situation, but it was at this moment that the Fanalis showed their might once again.

One must know that there might be many cannons in this ship and weapons too, but there was little on the way of people who knew how to operate them. However, why use canons when there was something even better.

"Take that!" Lo'lo said as he threw one of the cannon balls by hand at a marine ship just out of range or their canons. "Heh, not bad." He said as he noticed that someone in the ship managed to cut the ball before it hit the main mast. "Fine, then how about this!?" Lo'lo said as he and three others started throwing cannons balls at the ship, not only on the mast but also at the deck and in all other places.

It was not just on this ship, all others were having cannon balls thrown at them as even the youngest of the Fanalis, young Morgiana at only 3 years old, could launch canon balls at the enemy ships, even if not quite as far away.

Truly, they were a race of monsters.

After being chased for another two hours the marines could no longer follow even if they wanted to as their ships could not keep up with the accumulated damage done to them.

This incident could have been simply big due to the gal of taking all the slaves of the Tenryubito just like that, but on the following day when the World Government realized that the safe where they keep their most dangerous artifacts was cleaned out and especially those most dangerous items were stolen, well-

Let's just say that the last time the world government got so terrified was when Gol D Roger started the great age of the pirates.

As for the one responsible, he was under the deck checking his spoils from the safe with his friends. Amongst the items there were multiple fruits but the three most dangerous ones were kept separate. He felt a bit bad that he was ultimately unable to eat any of them since the power they could likely give would certainly be a huge boom for him.

One must understand, the fanalis race was simply unable to consume devil fruits. If a Fanalis eats a devil fruit his natural strength and capacity would stop at the point they were when they eat the fruit and never grow any higher. Perhaps it could be a fair trade, but the boy didn't want that. He was a proud member of his race, he didn't want to lose his inherited strength just like that. At most he could wait until he was much older before he could eat it, probably when he was around 20 or 25, the peak of the strength and capacity for any fanalis.

As for the other items, he didn't know what to do with most of them, but some from the less protected area of the safe he knew what they were as they had a display saying exactly what each of them are. Without any care he threw one of the fruits to Gild who was hugging his love, he was quite shocked when a golden fruit got thrown at him.

"Eat that, it is the Goro Goro no Mi, the Gold fruit. It is quite good and can let you turn things into gold. With this you won't ever have to worry about money again." The boy said and Gild, despite being older than the boy, instantly felt such huge respect for him that he barely even knew what to say.

The boy had given him something so many precious things, he gave him hope again by releasing Stella and he let him remain human, he was younger than Gild but was someone Gild respected and despite knowing that he had no idea where this kid would go, he came to a decision. Going on his knees he dogezaed to the kid and spoke.

"Boy, to whatever place you go I will follow. Whatever I can do to help, I will to replay the favors you gave me. This I swear." He said and the boy didn't really know what to say.

In his head he was just repaying Gild for telling him tales of the outside world and singing back in that place, for the boy Gild was a friend and he didn't mind letting Gild have that fruit at all. After all, he was not after riches and treasure, he wanted freedom instead. That is all the kid wanted.

From the others he gave the fan to Uma who was quite happy with it. She wanted to test to see what was so special about it, but he convinced her not to do it inside the ship and at least go to the top of the ship before trying out the weapon.

As for the other kids, he didn't know yet what to give to any of them so he decided just to keep what he had for now. He decided that it was safer to keep the other things with him for the case there was someone that appeared that he could trust and wanted one of those items. He only took a few items for himself, three swords. They were all swords of the restricted part of the vaults. Neither showed any special marks to it except that one had a silverish hilt, another was a clear white with hints of blue, and the final one had an orange red hilt, but the boy felt that these blades were special, that they carried great power and he would be more than glad about trying them out. See what they can do and which of the three better fit with him, he had time to figure things out and see what would be for the best for him as he grows.

He had some experience with weapons from his fights in that pit, and he was best with a sword even if he was far from others he had defeated in that pit (they might have been better swordsmen, but he was simply better in general). He would need to train more when he finds someone who can properly teach him, some excitement at the chance of growing stronger being visible in his eyes if one looked carefully at him, his desire for power so as to be free visible for anyone looking for it. He also reunited the other fanalis kids and showed one of the books he had obtained. The other books had something like a dictionary or something like that, it was weird, but this book he was showing was easier to understand.

It described the fighting techniques of the Fanalis race, the techniques used as base for the Rokushiki, but they were also so much more than that. The descriptions of the book were such that none of these slaves who couldn't really read could tell what it said, but it was filled with figures and the kids were all excited to learn the famed martial arts of their ancestors. The Black Heaven and Earth technique, it would definitely be a huge boom for these kids as they grow and learn it.

And so time passed, and passed, and passed, and after about a week traveling they realized something. Something very, very bad.

They had no idea where they were right now and they just realized something else even more troublesome.

This ship's water was close to the end already.


AN:

So, they are out in the ocean and only realized some problems with their decision making. As for the things we will see moving forward, it is wait and see.

6