[8] Training
556 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                   Location: Castle, Horse Shed                                                 Year: 1065 AD

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

(POV: Club)

 

 

'What was with John this time, he chased us as if there was no tomorrow, Were they starving that bad?, my thoughts got interrupted by some Guard who blocked our Passage, did john somehow convinced the guard to help him mug us?' I thought.

 

'We are gonna starve for another day when we were stopped like that, but we realized it was one of lord's son, who looked at us like we were his newfound toys or something, This gave me different fear, I was afraid for Claws, recalling one of commoner's daughter was violated by lord's son and he could only carry back her corpse, the thought made me shudder whether she was his next meal'.

 

Unlike what I had anticipated where he would call Claws alone, but he called for all of us including john and their gang, then he told us to bathe in the cold river promising for food,

 

'Great, he wants to kill us indirectly', although we didn't like it is not like we have much of choice, everyone took off their robes not to make them wet as well, except for claws who instead of taking off clothes just bathed along with it, 'Seriously you don't have something to hide as I do' I complained in mind,

 

The cold bath resulted in shivering walking back to the castle with dripping cold water and shaking breather, Once arriving inside the Castle, the black-haired servant girl lead Claws away from the rest of us, 'I wish I was stronger to stop them and that numbskull claws to be smart enough not to follow the maid, but I know it was inevitable'.

 

So here I am waiting in this shed, which also happens to be our place of stay for the night, I know this was better than some old shack or somewhere out in cold but my mind can't help but to worry about Claws state, 'will she make out of there alive?'.

 

Only after an hour did she came which relieved me, but she was not in the same state she left, with new robes, different scent, hot air around her and a weird look on her face, Even I know a little about it. putting my hands on her shoulder I consoled her "It's okay, forget it" for which she replied to me with "Huh? what are you talking about?",

 

'She's feigning so that not to make me worry, huh?' with a bitter smile I comforted her "Its okay claws, I'm still with you just forget what happened like its a nightmare", "What are you talking about stupid?, have you gone insane after bathing in the cold river?" her retort made my face distort, "Fine then, I said what a friend would" I just laid on the hay bed along with john and gang who had awkward and incredulous looks on their faces.

 

Claws pestered me all through the night, "why are you acting weird idiot?", only after a small quarrel did I realized what had happened which was "A Hot Bath, it was weird to have someone else washing me", and now it was her turn to have concerned look.

 

'I just had enough' closed my eyes with that thought and somehow I had the vaguest idea that our Lives will no longer be the same.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

(2 Years Later)

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                                 

 

Full Status
General Attributes
Name Aymar D'kman HP (5->7) STM (6->10)
Gender Male MP (6->7) STR (5->8)
Age (5->7) SPD (6->9) WIS (5->7)
    DEX (5->8) INT (5->7)
Skills
Type Name Features
Passive [Info Processor] Lvl (2->3) [System], [Status], [Memory Replay], [Social Management] [Mini-map] & [Time Management]
Active - -

               

               

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

HP, MP, Wisdom, and Intelligence, all of these Attributes grow respective to my age, while Stamina, Strength, and Speed grow based on how much I push it to the limit.

 

DEX grows with respect to my handling of swords and other tools.

 

At this point I realized this.

 

'This ain't a game, This is Real Life'.

 

My Skill is giving me this RPG type Attributes to subconsciously push me, but I realized this system is totally different from what I envisioned.

 

There is no level grinding or cultivation of any sorts, this is plain pushing yourself to the limit, kind of like how Goku does in DBZ but in real life, shit is even Harder.

 

This world is similar to my previous world but only more harsh with these monsters, I feel like I'm in those Dark Ages where people think the world is Flat and Ships Submerge because some Kraken monster snacking on them from somewhere under the sea, ready to go anal with their tentacles. maybe there are?, I'm not sure about the last part though.

 

As for my new skill upgrade [Time Management], it is just [Clock] and [Calendar], they now have their own separate Tab.

 

Sighing I closed my Status, I was sitting inside a tent that was bigger and better than others situated near it.

 

Chelecsia comes with my honey-sweetened hot milk, which is warming in this cold climate, and also because Tea doesn't seem to exist at all.

 

She has grown cuter these days, especially her chest section is already at a decent size that I take a glance at it subconsciously every now and then.

 

Sia has understood her body changes, reducing her cheerful attitude slowly and being more lady like those other maids which make me a bit worried.

 

I took a sip with this mood of mind, but suddenly a wave of feeling telling me to urge to do something, I dunno like find new trade routes to those teabags and spice racks, pretend to be trading and when they are off guard, colonize and enslave them.

 

I looked at the blank space before me but Immediately shook my thoughts off.

 

"Woah!, What a scary thought" murmured to myself before reminiscing about what happened during the last 2 Years.

 

------------------------------------------------|   Flashback Time   |---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

'Damn! I almost lost it, Even I was caught off guard by my 'raging boner'', perhaps I shouldn't call it like that since it could be considered small which is totally appropriate for my age. I'm slightly worried about getting a boner at this age, I don't know what kind of effect it may have on my 'overall Growth', Besides why did I got Boner in the first place, Do I have a subconscious desire to bang my Mom? I wondered, I'm not sure but that might be a problem in the future,

 

As for my minions' training, It was nothing within my expectations,

 

When recruiting them they stink like hell that I had to force them to bath in the cold river before bringing them inside the Castle.

 

Only then were their scents became barely manageable and due to force bath they were shivering and teeth tattering non-stop, One of them even got sick and couldn't do anything but rest, I sent him some hotter meals to hope he recover, Seriously I didn't want a minion to die from bathing.

 

My Dad totally didn't like me having some vagrant orphans roaming in his Castle, So I had to move them back to the old shacks that they are from, They were clearly not happy and definitely aren't in the position to argue, I mean how can they say no to free food, especially for john and gang who had a bad impression from everyone from town for stealing random stuff from people for food.

 

The first task I gave them was to find me more subordinates using existing subordinates, kind of like a pyramid scheme, I mean not everyone will be my direct subordinates just a few of them due to my 'Pocket money' constraints, and others will be my informants,

 

The main force will be my hands while the rest of them act as my eyes and ears, well at least that is what I envisioned anyway but things didn't turn out the way I expected.

 

The Information gatherers either don't know exactly what to report cause they are stupid and dumb or they report every single detail that they could remember, they were also acting weirdly that even patrol guards are talking about them, I was glad that I only used a few at the start so that I could change their behavior at early stages until I'm satisfied with their job.

 

Now my Infonet(Official name of my unofficial spies) is scattered across strategic points such as Hill Pass road leading to our barony(Literally it is the entrance road to our Barony) to monitoring everyone who enters or leaves, a few near taverns to hear interesting info that may leak, and rest scattered across the barony and some near town patrols as well, I mean why not?. their role this time is more of do their own thing while watching for oddities.

 

Every day, 5 of my subordinates would meet our information gathering subordinates, each will meet an average of six informants, they'll return and report me everything(tell me everything verbally, since Parchment are scarce and they are illiterate) and when I say everything, I meant everything like who secretly stole from who, who nailed who, what bullshit did they say in the tavern and other weird trivial Events.

 

I know it sounds a lot of shit that no one wants to hear, well its true, that's one hell of nonsense, and I don't necessarily have to pay attention to every single word that he says, then why am I doing this? Partly because medieval Life is kind of boring, I mean you have too much free time and don't have any sort of entertainment or Internet to surf and this gives me a lot of patience to hear the bullshit, it would be even more boring if I didn't have Chelecsia to tease with, and Partly because of my skill, I have the capacity to personally remember every single townsman out there, all I have to do is to be exposed to such information whether I have to hear(hear not listen) or to be within my field of vision, I don't know what I'm going to do with all the information, but it doesn't take much effort for me other than completely ignore some kid's rambling.

 

Sometimes I get some Old news still circling few times from my Tavern sources such as, "Sadrina Kingdom's Princess was kidnapped while she was still an infant", "Marthen Kingdom's civil war has divided it into 3 kingdoms" and "Stefan Kingdom had lost their army on an attempt to conquer a forest and the monster had kidnapped their princess". What is with these princesses getting kidnapped', I just moved on to my own business.

 

My Subordinates numbered to 48(of which 7 are first recruits), there are 20 subordinates directly under me, rest are gathering information, well they are just hanging out there in the cold and spilling significant information for meager food.

 

While I do have 48 under me that's only half of the total orphans out here in our Barony, these are lucky/Unlucky ones having some kind of semi-stable job with low wages, there is no increment, bonus, gratuity, pension or insurance they just stuck with some manual labor working to bones, as for girls at the brothel, I should leave that part out, probably for the best.

 

Of the 20 minions half boys and half girls, I wanted an egalitarian Army but sooner I realized not more than half of the girls can fight because they have a build close to fragile simply not meant for harsh work, which woke me up from my stupid dream.

 

With my mom's help, I got some quality tents. I was making them live in tents and guard themselves by taking watch during nights, Why? what if my brother sees me as an obstacle to inherit this puny barony, he can't directly stop me but he can do indirect actions such as killing my subordinates while they are asleep and I actually warned them about this, I mean they can't join my brother since he has better subordinates then some untrained orphans and they also don't have a better source of food or living than serving under me, it's like I'm a messiah and also not, a bad option and also the only option.

 

The training regimen was like this

 

Morning exercise and laps in the fricking cold, steaming hot food made by themselves in order to conserve my coppers, then hunting for wild jackalopes, they'll process the product during the afternoon and rest of the day they are free to do whatever they want but they'll have to return when its dark.

 

But to get them to this point, I had to teach them camping, cooking(Basic), and Timekeeping(For Nightwatch since it was hard to tell when it was the next turn using torches).

 

I drilled them some common sense and basic training that all servants would need, non-Combatant girls, became my personal maids while few boys who prefer violence-free jobs became butler-like servants mostly helping my maids.

 

Chelecsia had a look of horror when she heard the idea of other personal Maids, I had to convince her that their purpose is to aid her job by making it easier all the while hugging her, she got all blushy but not enough to wake my lower member(maybe she's too young), I don't know whether she believed my excuse or not but she definitely liked little skinship, maybe the skinship convinced her whatever, she's convinced for now.

 

Sword, Spear, Axe mastery and Archery, This was taught to everyone(When I say everyone, I mean those twenty kids not those spies out there) including girls, I don't have the luxury of disguising them as boys, If someone asked why I train girls, I would say to encourage the boys as an excuse. John was eager with Axe and Sword, while he was good with battleaxe, Eddie was good with archery striking true most of the time and Taylor learned Swordplay faster than anyone, she would observe everyone train and learn from their mistakes, It's like she was born to wield a sword or something.

 

So, in the end, I had six sword wielders, Four spear wielders and seven archers as my combat base(These was their main weapons but some also know how to wield other weapons but not as good as their main ones), a weird mix that I don't know what to do with, only with more training and experience would they graduate into average soldiers.

 

By the way, Since my subordinates didn't have proper name(Except for John), Everyone else was named by me, Claws is now Taylor(she slightly looks like Taylor Swift), Club is Eddie now(the ginger boy, he may look like ed Sheeran if you squint? maybe), Yeah I just gave them names like that.

 

As for my own training, I can't learn sword properly, I mean I can't learn sword the standard way they teach or expect someone to act, I use weird poses and moves instead of how any normal average swordsman would think, I think my moves are subconsciously made based on what I've seen(Both swordplay that I've seen now and movies of the previous world), as for archery, lances, axes, and crossbows, I barely know how to use it, and most of the time I learn based on Instincts that my skill triggers.

 

At this point I realized that my skill also plays a role in how I learn certain skills, every time I use weapons, I feel the knowledge saying 'do like this, do like that' commanding me to get things done,

 

When I learned crossbow, I didn't learn it when I shot bolts trying to aim correctly, I learned when I shot bolts blindly a few times, the [System] learns the skill by just observing the results based one random shots, computing the algorithm and settings behind it like angle, position and trigger condition to get desired result, [System] has better comprehension and understanding than I do and even this whole settings changes from one crossbow weapon to another since their builds are not same in all proportions being made with medieval Technology, they differ in certain aspects.

 

So basically I'm a stupid kid and this cheat skill shoves the spoon of knowledge right into my mouth, I may not have learned fighting skills, if not for this skill, I'm not sure how I feel about this realization.

 

Every day, I ride on my Yak horse to reach the campsite and use the same yak horse to make someone learn horse riding. Although my minions don't have yak horses, knowing how to ride one is always useful. (Only I call them 'Yak horse' and as for the rest of people they call it just horse, this is how normal horse looks here. The only trait that makes them distinct from normal horses back on earth is their Fur, unlike Clydesdale, they have too much of fur to the point growing all the way to their knees, even their tails are fluffy as foxtail. Most of the time smugglers use horses to hide their goods.) 

I taught my minions reading and writing discreetly during evenings just for safety, I knew educating people in the middle ages would be troublesome, but sometimes I had the urge to scream like 'What? you can't even memorize a single letter', I don't want to sound condescending, so I gave them indirect push like if you learn slowly, your food will be reduced or telling them stuff like "Its okay, if you can't learn it now you can learn tomorrow", in order to reduce their negative stress and to my surprise the first to learn words was John, he was bashful when I congratulated him, Taylor was last to Learn. I had to keep tests every month since they can easily forget this skill that they have not much use in their daily lives.

 

Thanks to my skill it alerts me during test day so I'll never forget, and the looks on their faces when they know it was test day 'Oh boy' its priceless, "do you think I like doing this? stop sulking and bear with it you maggots!" this must how it feels to be a teacher conducting tests.

 

I also got them to try to learn woodwork(for building wood shelter, not to be confused with ones that make furniture and those that make Carts and ones deal with siege machines, they all maybe woods but still fundamentally different areas of expertise). I got 5 people who learned it. All they could do is chop some woods and turn it into spiky walls for defence, But this much is enough, this will help them if they were to camp out,

 

Castle blacksmith gave very basic lessons to all my minions and only two were gifted, but they still had a long way to cast a proper tool or ANYTHING.

 

I also made them learn random skills such as tanning, skinning, patching if you fucked up the tent and crafting stone weapons, which is something few guards that go hunting with my dad would do since they can't waste iron, taking into account of how many spears thrown each time hunting.

 

My training group did not go unnoticed by my brother and I was prepared for it, I would command something and they'll do the opposite and I'll start cussing them, which would only increase my brother's delight and amusement to our spectacles, I bet he would even chuckle in the middle of the night thinking about my misery, I had to compliment their acting skills which seem natural and not like overacting to the point it would be obvious that it is an act.

 

My brother has been into view a few times but I've considered him as a threat all the time, But I don't know whether he is hostile to me or not since he never bothered me, he would just check me out on what I was doing, I expected having a brother would be supportive, but this middle age setting has made this awkward relation between first sons and second sons on families of all social hierarchies. Still, I don't know what my brother would turn out to be as long as I act weak he wouldn't go Ramsay Bolton on me I hope.

 

Now I'm more excited these days because this is going to be my first trip outside of our barony, for the king's birthday next week.

 

Eighty-Third Birthday of King 'Brian Van Raven' of Ravaeyn Kingdom. he did had a birthday every year but I was not old enough to understand or participate in it, usually, it would be just my Dad and brother going there, since Mom had to look after me.

 

But this time our whole family is visiting the Capital Sable, the Capital of our Kingdom, Nobles and bigwigs all over the kingdom will participate, but more Importantly, Food, Delicacies made by Royal Chef and lavish banquets, 'wait a minute, wouldn't it be weird having kids running around these Events?', Asking this doubt to mom she replied, there would be a separate section for kids like me. In any case, this would give me a better picture of the culinary state, and also a better perception of Capital itself.

 

Sia is looking down since she can't tag along with me. It didn't take me much time to comfort her, just a cuddle was enough. I feel like she's pretending so that we could get touchy, which is totally fine by me, it also heals me, she soon left when it got too hot.

 

And that's the state of my feeble Versatile Army and my Infonet. I might have to increase my subordinates' numbers later.

 

Snuggling inside my blanket while looking in capital's Direction with my fingers pointing "Yer better not Disappoint the Great me" I warned the Royal Chefs in Capital even though they can't hear me from here. 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

(POV: Unknown)

 

 

- Somewhere in the North

 

 

// -        'Why is this happening to us?',

 

*Sword Clashes* *Distant Screams of Men and women*

 

"Run! just run!" the last word that I remembered, I didn't want to but I also didn't want to burden him more.

 

*Fire Crackling* *Warcries*

 

All alone in these snow plains, snow may look solid but it slows anyone who steps on it by burying them deeper.

 

I ran, ran as farther as my feet could take but I knew that I couldn't prolong this any further, giving in to my exhaustion.

 

My body fell deeper in this soft snow only to be covered by more snow drowning me in my own sorrow.

 

'Everything and everyone I cherished is gone, what do I do?'.          - //

 

 

"You Hellion! shut the freaking window and go back to sleep" A hoarse shout echoed through the passageway.

 

'The hag can't even handle little cold' returning to my room with irritating thought.

 

"the usual?" A brunette girl asking with a yawn, I went ahead without replying,

 

'Somehow this is my Life huh?' closed my eyes with this thought.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      [Social Management]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Family List

- Annabelle D'kman (Mother)

- Payn D'kman (Father)

- Galeron D'kman (Brother)

 

 

Love Interests

- Annabelle D'kman

- Chelecsia

 

Personal Servants/Minions

- John

- Eddie

- Taylor

- See (24) Others (Infonet another 24)

 

House Servants

- Sauze (House keeper)

- Valter (head Butler)

- Gargan(Butler)

- Gracia (Maid 1)

- Harth (Maid 2)

- See (31) more house Servants

 

Strangers List

- Wale (Stranger 1 : Priest)

- See (12) more Strangers

 

D'kman barony Townspeople

- See the List

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

15