[10] Pigtails
467 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                     Location: Grand Palace, Reception Hall                                       Year: 1065 AD

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

(POV: Galeron aka Brother)

 

 

 

*Crumhorns playing rhythmically*

 

The Grand Reception Hall, Spacious for few battalions to march freely, Every inch of the floor was made with colorful stones that make it look like Marvelous Tapestry, but still haven't lost its color to its age, with whitestone carved walls, exquisite Golden Chandeliers with high-quality beeswax Candles a specialty from the Holy Kingdom which is equivalent to Honey Incense, making the atmosphere more pleasing, Even a simple wine served here had been at least a decade old to get them this sweet, To throw away sacs of Gold for such a Lavishious Event for some hundred or so Nobles is the way of showing the superiority of the Royal Family of The Ravaeyn Kingdom.

 

As for the king, he hasn't arrived yet, it is a tradition for an important person to arrive at last.

 

In front of us are a group of people having sly smiles and standing amongst them was the culprit that we're after, slight gold and white mixed hair signifying his seniority, the man is near his fifties with visible wrinkles somehow but still fighting for the crown, this is the Fourth Prince, Ronald Van Raven.

 

We are now heading towards the Fourth prince's entourage, who are explicitly wearing Golden Mane Attires with a mocking smile towards us.

 

The reason I'm angry is simple, the Fourth prince gang had promised us to engage me with one of the daughters of Earl in his gang but the word has that he is feigning to keep promises and not being true to his words at the end.

 

This made us naturally doubt on the prince's promise, now my father has gone ahead started talking to him directly, I can't get into private conversations since I'm not still old enough for these conversations so I'm standing from distance with our guards.

 

*Shawms Playing* 50 shawm players at once started similar to Royal Parade.

(shawms sound like trumpets)

 

I've attended these events for a few years now, the Majestic music can only mean King arrival.

 

*Distant Clanging Sounds*

 

From one of the Big Doorways towards the inner sanctum of the palace is wide and tall enough for a small army to fit in, marching sounds can be heard, The First to rush out are Royal Knights, the best in the kingdom, now stationed themselves making a perimeter isolating King's arriving spot and other nobles, there's always a chance that one of the nobles or important people could be assassins so to avoid that the knights are stationed even the Princes and Princesses are no exception.

 

*clanking Sounds*

 

All eyes turned towards the entrance including mine, even though we have seen this every year we still can't ignore the show.

 

Now a group of people has reached the entrance, slowly appearing one by one,

 

Its a small Phalanx of Knights, equipping Steel shields and plate armors designed and embedded with Scarlet Raven Insignia and embellished in Jet black Capes, followed by a Leading Knight who was wearing Heavy Steel armor that could easily encumber normal people, yet he is walking as with ease, It is the Great Knight McDonald, one of the Seven Great Knights unrivaled Guardian pillars of Ravaeyn Kingdom,

 

Following the phalanx are another group of Thirty-four knights who are covering all sides protecting some people in the middle of the formation, marching slowly to sync with the pace of people in middle,

 

In the middle of this formation were servants and few Guards covering both sides of a person in the center, this person is followed by a group of women at the back, they are young Beauties and old woman mixed in an unequal ratio,

 

Finally, the person who is at the center of the formation is adorned in a detailed silk robe and best quality fur from the kingdom, all decorated with golden threads and precious gems, That person is wearing a golden crown, it had the design of Raven's head in front and wings at sides, blood Red Rubies are engraved as Raven's Eye slots.

 

Once the group had crossed the entrance, 'that person' threw the crown from his head to the back for a servant to catch it, With golden
hair fluttering and Handsome face with slight wrinkles, looking like someone who's still in his thirties despite being eighty years old is the King of Ravaeyn Kingdom, 'Brian Van Raven' His slow aging is testament to his power being rumored to be equivalent of Great Knights who are considered to be Immortal Since these seven Great Knights have existed with the same name for Centuries, but some people believe that they are just stories to keep the Neighbouring Kingdoms scared while the Knights have been replaced secretly behind closed doors, In any case, no one knows the truth since any query towards these knights are considered a bad omen and questioner is punished with death penalty which includes his whole family down to the last child.

 

The group of women behind him are his wives, old surviving ones who can barely walk and also younger ones, some of them are supposedly his new wives, There are more wives but they are either dead or in foreign Kingdoms for Diplomatic purpose or bedridden due to their old age.

 

After getting to the center of Reception, he simply glanced at the crowd skimming through the ladies including the married ones watching their husbands getting frantic visibly, satisfied with the reaction he just smiled without saying anything as if his presence alone was enough, and now leaving with two of his young wives holding their hips on both hands towards the same way he came, Servants and guards are following him from a distance knowing his temper when it comes to his personal taste.

 

Now only ones standing in the center are his other wives, old ones are lead to be seated nearby by their servants while young ones scattering to their own factions which are where their parents and/or children(Princes/Princesses), other than them only one woman standing at the center. Infact she's more beautiful than the rest of King's wives,

 

"On behalf of my Dear Husband, I thank all of you for your presence, and please enjoy this nice evening" She announced while receiving a small round of applause.

 

She is the Queen Regent, 'Karen Van Raven', Directly given power by the king to rule on his behalf after the previous Regent died of old age.

 

The reason King given the power to his Queen is because of his publically known personality, he despises administrating or socializing and only interested in private time with his queens, He choses smartest of his wives and makes her do the actual ruling and politics,

 

The King's focus solely lies in enjoing his wives, If one of them gets old he takes new wives and that's how the Ravaeyn Kingdom has a ridiculous amount of Princes and Princess than any other in the western kingdoms.

 

But while I was listening, suddenly a Commotion turned my attention to its source, which is Fourth Prince's Group, 'Shit Now What?'.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

(POV: Me)

 

 

It didn't take long to understand what was going on, One way to put it is kids pretending to be adults.

 

This is like some kind of popularity contest, like how teenagers try to dress well with the latest fashion or tell their parents to don't embarrass them in front of other kids to avoid bad opinion about him/her amongst their classmates, the same thing but in this case, social hierarchy makes it so that only those with higher standing can flex their leadership.

 

The other three royalties are two princes and one Princess who are between 14-10 in age, while this pigtails looks like 5 maybe, her cheeks were still chubby as a baby that her normal face also looked as pouting. Those Princes and Princess looked handsome and beautiful clearly not someone of common birth. All of them (Royalties) were dressed in black and scarlet colors Indicating their Status.

 

The Pigtails is wearing a black and scarlet red gown with the long skirt thing being ruffly, red ribbon with black striped on her pigtails, and white gloves.

 

This round table is considered as a spot for cool kids(Prince/Princess), and the groups standing behind each Royalty are lower-ranking noble kids who are trying to suck up to/support the coolest kid(Prince/Princess).

 

The biggest group belongs to a prince who seems eldest in the table, the second is another princess, the third rank goes to another prince and the last is obviously Pigtails, she has only one follower/supporter which happens to be me. The frantic guy who ran away from her is now standing amongst the group of the most supported prince.

 

As for the reason why the pigtails being mad, Elder siblings seems to bullying younger one through grabbing her supporters.

 

I was wondering what was the deal with the hand mirror, that's when I noticed there was also a kid standing close to another princess character with a hand mirror as well, So having someone to hold a mirror is a thing? I was not taught how lady-in-waiting works, 'wait! hold on does it mean I'm the guy-in-waiting, Is there even such a thing?'.

 

"Who're you?" The council (Round Table Losers) has finally responded after seizing me up, The one who asked happens to be eldest
prince's supporter, some decent looking guy.

 

"Who's asking?" called on the kid asking the question with a neutral expression that I kept from the beginning.

 

The questioner looked towards the elder prince to consult whether to use his own name or Prince's. The elder prince pondered visibly for a second before gave him the approval to use his name." of course it is his highness Prince Cardiben" the kid announced,

 

"Ofcourse I'm me" I said shamelessly while plagiarising some old joke, The Prince himself interjected "No, he's asking your name",

 

'damn this guy nicely dodged the fun part, I thought I could mess with them',

 

"The name's Aymar D'kman, a fellow Baron if you will your highness" since I'm under another royalty I don't have to squat my ass for another one since it could be considered a change of side or being a black sheep(considered Traitor/Double agent in this world),

 

Pigtails does not seems to be pleased with my answer, 'how the hell am I supposed to change my status in one night?,

 

Once they knew I'm just a Baron's son, they looked all happy smiles with 'just a baron huh' "Baby Princess got a Baron, Isn't it nice" some of the voices chimed like that,

 

Now that they have ingnored me to mock the pigtails but the other princess is still stealing glances from me, unlike normal princesses who either have formal updo or at least have something similar to pigtails, this princess has left her long golden hair free, and along with mature looks which makes her more look like a modern-day model.

 

"You mean the warrior noble from East Forest Border? The lucky hunter?" her question piqued the interest of quite the number of kids who started telling information to those who didn't know what that words meant, I immediately got a few clue words from the among the discussions "Golden Fur" "Fortune" "Pig",

 

'It seems it is the pig thing again, perhaps I should stop looking down on that abomination. I should consider making breeding farm for that golden fur thing, what's the big deal? simple just get a couple of those bulldozer pigs and give them food in confined space to start fucking, I wonder why no one started doing that'.

 

Just after the small racket, other royalties started trying tugging me to their sides,

 

"Oh not happening, he's already my supporter, excuse us" the pigtails immediately grabbed my hands and fled the scene fearing that I might change my mind from other's proposition.

 

Only when she jumped off the chair could I see her height, 1.5 head shorter than me, just below my chest.

 

During our escape, I heard metal clanging sounds signifying guards are also running behind us,

 

we reached the far side of the room where long table delicacies were left untouched since no kid would come to this part of ballroom for obvious reasons,

 

"Uwaaah!" infants were crying while their mums pacified, mothers holding their babies or feeding them are distracted by our abrupt arrival,

 

I was warned by Boris about this, An area dedicated to infants with someone to take care and of course, its their own mothers for most and few older kids have maids to take care,

It had a lot of baby cribs and Furniture where mothers could rest, this is babies area or Hellscream they call it, doesn't exactly fit the rumors but still some adamant kids won't stop their cries, the oddly recognizable baby smell permeated through the area, Now that I look at it I can't believe that I was once one of those drooling shitting mess at one point of time.

 

Pigtails panted heavily to catch some breath before told me with her fingers pointing me "You are not allowed to leave me" like

''You Shall not pass' loli version',

 

"seriously?, how could I abandon such an adorable loli? that's against my religion." I retorted by defending myself.

 

"What's a Loli? wait! Are you a Heathen?" she asked with scrutinizing gaze.

 

'shit I almost forgot that any religion which is not the Holy Church will be purged as Heretics',

 

which I denied instantly "No! no!, I referred to my personal ethics as to not abandoning a cute princess and something along those lines"

'And also a proud member of CHUNGUS Faith, but she doesn't have to know it.

 

"Cute? I-I know that you don't have to tell me that!" she nervously retorted blushingly while fiddling one of her pigtails to calm herself,

 

'Bullcrap! This must be an act! no real rife girl would fall for simple complementing words especially the one who involves herself in politics, she must be doing this to prevent me from leaving her side, or maybe she is very lonely that no one has said such things to her? I'm sure many people must have foot licked her before',

 

We moved to one of long tables, before us, the princess's knight guards scrambled forward and served us a slice of Tarts while discreetly removing all the knives from the table, probably as a safety measure.

 

'Seriously why are they keeping knives at kid's ballroom, what would happen if some kid gets mad and impales other kid's ass?' shaking my thoughts off I returned to the conversation.

 

"Of course I wish you were my little sister so I could hug you without a care, what's your name? you didn't told me that when
'recruiting' me",

 

The moment I said that she turned to me with a kid's smile while stepping on my shoes told me "I'm Chloe and definitely not your Little Sister!" now returned to chomping down the fruit tarts, 'Is she always like this or is it because of me? I dunno'.

 

She changed the subject, "You have to be my supporter for every upcoming event from now on" she ordered me with resolute.

 

"But I have to warn you though, If your aim is the golden fur, hate to break it to you that they are all sold out, also I'm sorry I won't be much of help towards your bullying Siblings" I explained my political position.

 

"I don't care about your pigfur anyway, and as for my half-siblings they will pay for their insolence later, Just so you know I slander both those losers who are stupid enough to mock me and their mothers along with my mom until they cry , we do like this all the time, but here these kids are new and don't know about me, so this is their only window of opportunity to get back at me, because of how stupid and simple-minded these brats are, they don't know how power works and choose the wrong candidate, They'll also pay for it when the time comes," she said this with a villainess attitude while clenching her small fists.

 

I was dumbfounded by how she calls others brats despite being one herself, suddenly I feel sympathetic towards those Kids back on the round table.

 

One of those mums interrupted our conversation "excuse me there?~, would you mind coming here, my daughter Layla seems to want to play with you" a brunette Lady said with a gentle smile much reminding my own mother.

 

"It would be my pleasure" princess went ahead of me trying to steal my spotlight, when she tried to poke the baby on Brunetts's arms but that baby completely ignored the princess who looked like a baby herself while spreading her small hands towards my direction.

 

'I thought only I knew how to command adults around being an infant, like how I messed with those nuns, but she seems to be learned my skill somehow', I considered while holding her, now starts to put her hands inside my mouth and started laughing at my face.

 

Immediately I felt a small pressure on my foot, its obviously pigtails stepping on my feet pouting with a fake smile looking funny, I can only smile weakly with the baby's hands still in my mouth.

 

"Hey, Layla how about we ride on this big brother's back?" when chloe said that the baby suddenly got excited about riding me and started shouting "aide! aide!", 

 

'how does she understands that at this age, Is she like me?' I pondered but interrupted by baby slaps.

 

"wait, I haven't gave my consent on the matter!" I squirmed only to be forced by the princess.

 

I crawled on all fours without any dignity with Layla and Chloe on my back, chloe randomly slapped my ass to increase my crawling speed.

 

After playing with the baby for a while, the baby felt exhausted so now in my arms, I asked her, "Chloe, why did you pick me of all people?".

 

"Well no any particular reason" she replied albeit blushingly.

 

"Beeboo!" the baby frantically hugged my neck while trying to kick in Chloe's direction, Chloe had been losing her temper and princess demeanor while playing with Layla.

 

Like this, we played for a while until the baby got tired,

 

Patting Layla who slowly started falling asleep, "Do you know Aymar, I practice my dancing skills every day so that when My mom invites some nobles to have a private party, I will entertain them with my graceful dance getting hammering applause every time, due to my elegant movements I earned the Title 'Little Star Chloe'" she boasted with puffing her flat chest.

 

"But I don't know whether they are making fun of me or telling the truth," She said with a sad Sigh.

 

'No, I don't want to head that direction' before I figure out how to change the subject,

 

"how about I show you how I Dance?, so you can tell me how was it" she said with bright twinkling face,

 

"I would love to see that" I gave a forced excited reply so as not to piss her off.

 

"Oh There's no fiddlers to set the mood" her worry got a relieved sigh from me, If something I hate the most is dancing, whether doing it myself or watching others, no offense to people who learn it out there but I'm not into that.

 

"it's okay dear you don't need music to dance" The brunette lady interjected 'Just great' I thought,

 

"that's right, 'A bad dancer blames the stage' I'll show you the Best Dancer of Ravaeyn Kingdom" with saying that now she started dancing,

 

At first, she went good, kicking the air randomly left and right with opposite legs, jogging in the same spot while also clapping in middle and finally spinning like a Beyblade making her black ruffled skirt flying showing me her expensive shoes, knee-length socks and ultimately her White diapers? I dunno could be a female Innerwear thing'.

 

"How was It?" once she finished she asked me. "It was a spectacular view" I did my best to not spoil her mood, also she truly has the skill.

 

she was satisfied with my expression, "then how about you come dance with me? It would be perfect!" she grabbed my hands whilst saying that, 'this is not one of those dances where couples hold on to each other with funeral music in background walking from and back, no this is some medieval lame dance with weird movements'.

 

"I'm sorry Chloe, Due to training a lot in sword, I wasn't taught how to dance" I tried to get away with weak excuse.

 

*Tongue Clicking*

 

She patted my elbows(since she can't reach my shoulders) as to pity me for my lack of dancing skill,

 

"It's okay I Chloe van Raven shall enlighten you".

 

"Then I won't be bothering you kids" That mother took her sleeping daughter away sensing the danger, 'Oh God no!' I squirmed in my mind.

 

That's how our Spartan dancing session started with her beating my ass for every misstep I take but I wasn't Forsaken by my the almighty Chungus.

 

"Young master there you are, Come with me We a.. what?!... greetings your Highness!" Vastel who came to get me back is now stopped with two swords across his neck, with how quick-witted he was, he immediately got the situation and acted appropriately,

 

"Young master... we are leaving" now he properly informed me, "Chloe it seems like I had to go" 'she can't say no now right?',

 

"Not happening until you learn how to dance with me without messing up and besides isn't it too early to Leave now" she said with resolute.

 

'Nooo please, Thicc chungus why are you testing your follower like this?', "Your Highness, you can't hold on to nobles like this" one of her guard Knights informed her.

 

"Fine, but remember Aymar you are my supporter for every next event now and next time I meet you, you better not embarrass me with your amateur dancing" she reminded me before showing her hands.

 

"With Pleasure, your Highness" with that said I kissed her hands as a goodbye.

 

During my Leave, I spotted Boris now waiting obediently as nothing happened.

 

He continued with me while I ignored him completely, but he finally broke the silence.

 

"Hey.. Listen Aymar, I didn't want to do like that but at same time Merchants like us can't be involved in politics, it always spells trouble or destroys our lives, I know it was selfish on my part but you can't expect me to sacrifice myself for you." he argued.

 

I had to say he has a good point, "Then as a reparation help me buy this ....  , before leaving tomorrow",

 

"I'll try, but I can't promise you though" he nodded albeit unsurely.

 

That's how we left after an awkward talk with loli princess who has weird fantasies and goes around showing her diaper panties to other people and somehow I should also help her with that, of course I won't tell this truth to her, If she knows who knows what she'll do.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                   

 

Full Status
General Attributes
Name Aymar D'kman HP 7 STM 10
Gender Male MP 7 STR 8
Age 7 SPD 9 WIS 7
    DEX 8 INT 7
Skills
Type Name Features
Passive [Info Processor] Lvl 3 [System], [Status], [Memory Replay], [Social Management] [Mini-map] & [Time Management]
Active - -

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                       [Social Management]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Family List

- Annabelle D'kman (Mother)

- Payn D'kman (Father)

- Galeron D'kman (Brother)

 

Love Interests

- Annabelle D'kman

- Chelecsia

 

Personal Servants/Minions

- John

- Eddie

- Taylor

- See (25) Others

 

Acquainted 

- Boris (merchant's Son)

- Chloe (Princess)

 

House Servants

- Sauze (House keeper)

- Valter (head Butler)

- See (34) more house Servants

 

Strangers List

- Wale (Stranger 1 : Priest)

- See (12) more Strangers

 

D'kman barony Townspeople

- See the List (874)

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Unknown POVs for Chapters [1-10]

 

[5]  -  Explained in Chapter [11]

[8]  -  Explained in Chapter [13]

 

Significant Changes

 

The Status Page now shows changes in attributes comparing previous chapter data, Its just a minor change so there you go. 

 

This chapter felt kind of long(long meaning 6k words long),

so I decided to split into two so you can expect the next chapter within the same day.

14