Chapter 35
502 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘The status information shown on Yao Rui was a little disappointing.‘ Shimmy thought, as compare to Yao Zi’s status. Yao Rui look like she did not have anything special or maybe even not talented in any area.

“Then again, she is still young and can be molded into any direction since her stats are still close to each other.’ Using a quick processing in his mind, Shimmy tried to think of multiple path that Yao Rui could take. Seeing as her Agility was the lowest and with her Dexterity and Strength the two highest, Shimmy began to have an evil grin as an image of a tank formed in his mind.

‘Yao Rui will be the first line of defense.’ Using the time while they were both still connected, Shimmy found the Symbiote seed imbedded in Yao Rui’s heart while he was still in his |Calamity| armor form. He reinforce the seed with more volumes of his green body, making the seed sprout roots around her heart.

A warmer feeling begins to ignite from Yao Rui’s heart, who was still kneeling face down on the floor. It was like a warm sun has been born inside of her heart, making Yao Rui breath in a fast pace. Foreign energy soon began to wash throughout her body, giving a tingling feeling that made her blood pump with vigor.

Shimmy soon disconnected the needled and absorbed the needled back into his shrunken body that is now half the size of an adult fist.

Yao Rui body began to convulse strongly, make her arch her back as her face look towards the ceiling in a shock like expression. Green veins appear all over her visible skin, even her pupils shifting between maroon red to olive green.

Luckily Shimmy had Yao Zi in another separate room practicing to make her string creation have the adhesive property.

The process for Yao Rui was less intense as compare to Yao Zi, as Yao Rui did not have anything impeding the transformation occurring inside of her. So even though there was no great pain going on Yao Rui’s body, it was still like an electric current running throughout her body making her convulse. The process lasted a shorter amount as well, just less than 10 minutes.

“Hah, hah, hah” Breathing hard, Yao Rui laid down on the floor on her front and face looking sideway.

“Have some rest today, we’ll begin your training tomorrow. Let your body adjust to the change occurring in your body.


 

In a meeting room in the Yao Clan complex

 

All 5 of the senior elders of the Yao Clan is seen seated down around the room with the Yao Matriarch seated on a large throne that had also undergo the blessing from Shimmy.

“I’ve gather you all here today to discuss an important matter that will affect the Yao Clan positively.” Yao Li spoke in a firm tone.

““Yes Matriarch”” They all lowered their head in acknowledgement

 After confirming that she has everyone’s undivided attention, Yao Li began to speak out. “As you all know, the financial situation in the Yao Clan has been running low. It is no secret that we had to give up close to half of our lands outside to minimize our loss.” Yao Li gave a short pause to let everyone in the room digest the situation and inform them of the subject that will be discuss today

“Everyone has agreed that the celebration earlier was a necessary paid event to keep anyone from making any additional moves on our weaken state. Some good news from this is that we were also able to grab a large part of the properties in the market that use to belong to the Chen Clan for below the market price. It’s just that it’ll take quite some time before we’ll be able to make a profit from those. Possibly over a year before we can start seeing some profit come in.”

The Yao Matriarch saw the concern looks on each of the senior elder face, she felt pleased that the tribulation made the Yao clan more united than ever.

“In these trying times, senior Life Breather has once again showing his kindness. I have been inform by the new head servant, under Yao Zi name Yao Rui, that senior Life Breather may be able to help solve our financial problems. He also deemed that any student of his should not be so poor. With that he will give us a mean to accelerate the production of cultivation herbs for our use.”

Hearing the words of their Matriarch that the esteemed senior Life Breather is showing them another favor brought a few of them in tears, while another felt that it was too good to be true.

“Matriarch, please excuse me if I may be so rude as to ask why senior Life Breather is showing us so much favor? What can a small clan like us be able to offer to such a strong expert that he can’t obtain on his own?” Senior Elder Xeng spoke with his head bow towards the Yao Matriarch.

Understanding that no good things comes for free, the Yao Matriarch saw the weariness in Elder Xeng trembling hand. The feeling of betrayal was still fresh in the minds of everyone here, especially when many of them had a close bond to the deceased traitors.

“Be that as it may, we do not have the strength to question the reason behind senior Life Breather actions. We can only hope that we do not earn his ire as all of our lives lay within his hand right now. We must believe that we may be of use to him alive.” Yao Li spoke gravely.

“Yes Matriarch, I apologies for my rude remark and hope that my words have not offended the great senior Life Breather. Please let him know that I’ll be willing to endure any punishment he deem fit for doubting his kindness.” Elder Xeng left his seat and started to kowtow on the ground, crashing his head on the floor. Although there was no damage done to the reinforced wooden floor, blood could be seen on the ground and dripping from Elder Xeng face.

The common sense of slighting or doubting a powerful expert words have usually shown bloody scenes that could extend from one person to generation of family.

“Enough!” The Yao Matriarch Yao Li quickly appear before Elder Xeng to stop him from inflicting anymore harm to himself. “I will speak on behalf of you to senior Life Breather to forgive your insolence.”


 

“Shimmy, dinner. Today is noodle time!” Yao Zi jumped out of the room after getting a notification from her communication jade.

‘Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!’ Shimmy shot out strings to swing himself swiftly to Yao Zi shoulder.

 

17