Chapter 38
456 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing Yao Zi sitting properly with her writing utensil and paper in front of her desk, Yao Shi’s warm smile increase.

“Since it’s been a long time now, let’s review on what you know about cultivation Yao Zi.” With a reading glass on her beautiful face and black hair tied back into a bun, Yao Shi asked while standing up crossed arms holding onto a ruler.

“Yes Teacher Shi.” Yao Zi spoke aloud with eagerness, as the little girl always did like to show off her knowledge and talent to her family. Also knowing that her grandma likes to speak in proper reference when in class or when outside of the clan complex.

“Cultivation is when a person is trying to train their body to surpass their natural limit. For humans, we must first begin by being able to feel the Ki energy in our surrounding then try to absorb those Ki into our body. The way most people cultivate is by creating a storage place in our stomach area to place most of our absorbed Ki there. This will create an artificial organ in our body to regulate the Ki in our body so that it doesn’t go out of control and damage the body. This process is also call the Ki Gathering stage. The difference between each stage is the amount of aura they can use to cover their body. When the cultivator gather enough Ki to cover their whole body for a long period of time and have transform all of the Ki energy in their dantian into a liquid form is when they’re ready to break through to the next realm Ki Pillar stage.”

Yao Zi took a couple deep breaths after retelling what she had learn from her grandmother.

“That is correct Yao Zi. Just to add onto what you have already said, there is also multiple ways to increase ones attainment of Ki energy other than absorbing what is available in the surroundings.” Adjusting her glass with one hand, Yao Shi place some pictures with labels on a large white board. “Some of the most common ones are using pills made by Alchemist, absorbing the energies from a beast or monster core, and creating a formation that increases the surrounding Ki energy level. One such example is from your esteemed master Life Breather that has been graced upon Sunset city and focus on our Yao Clan complex.

“Mmph, Mmph. Grandma smartest!” Nodding her head in awe of her grandmother, Yao Zi was always felt the care that she puts into her education.


Back then she had also had the opportunities to join in the normal classes done for the few Yao clan children who were learning the ways to cultivate. Though because of how much of a genius Yao Zi was, the normal class taught to the other clan children was too slow or redundant to her. This made Yao Shi gave up on having her granddaughter attending the normal class for experience and just focus on personally educating her.

Though because she had her responsibilities as a Grand Elder to attend to, Yao Zi’s class with Yao Shi could only be done once or twice a week. Which gave Yao Zi a lot of free time.

Not wanting to waste her genius mind at fooling around all day, Shimmy suggest for Yao Zi to learn about alchemy, botany, formation, and bestiaries subject. The Yao family follow up quickly on Shimmy’s request as they did not dare question why he did not teach those himself. They had assume that it may have been beneath his standing of an expert of his level to teach such basic information.

Little did they did know that Shimmy himself was clueless about all the subject that he suggested, as this was an unfamiliar land to him. Shimmy may have an expert level of information on all of the bestiaries, botany, and formation back at his previous world. But from his experiment he had conducted so far in the green house and verifying it with his grand formation, the |Laws| works differently here. This had confirmed that he has enter a different world, which had greatly affected his mind. This made Yao Zi worried for a while as Shimmy was silent for over half a year when she had just turn 3, luckily with she could still feel the connection to him otherwise she would have thought he was gone.

When Shimmy came back, the first thing he did was greatly increase the appetite for Yao Zi and used his materialized form to eat alongside with her. She didn’t ask anything as she felt that Shimmy was very sad at the time, this was the first time she felt an emotional connection towards the little green blob. As she had always thought a little bit that he was a little green demon here to take her away eventually. The emotional connection she felt from Shimmy made her rethink the word he said “A lost traveler.” He was just someone who was far away from home, and away from his family… alone.


Back in the Grand Elder Yao Shi’s study room

“So at what age can a person start cultivating Yao Zi?”

“Mmm, a person can start cultivating at age 8, but is not recommended. As at the time the meridian in the body has not mature completely to safely start absorbing Ki energy. The recommended age is 10 where the meridian in the body has mature to start absorbing the Ki.” Yao Zi tapped her tiny shoe together in the air while sitting in the desk waiting for her praise.

“That is correct Yao Zi. Your 10th birthday is drawing near in just a month now. Have started to absorb Ki yet?” Yao Shi saw the eagerness in her granddaughter’s eye for praise and was barely able to resist throwing a shower of praises on her. She also did not forget to ask the monthly questions of if she had ever started absorbing Ki energy into her body, as that is also how many rogue cultivator cut their cultivating path short.

“No I have not Teacher Shi.” Yao Zi’s eyes drooped down when she did not get a praise from her grandmother.

Unable to take the down trodden look on her granddaughters face, Yao Shi then went over to pat her on the head gently. “You’ve done wonderfully to make it this far and resist rushing to obtain power my dear little Zi.”

 

If you'd like to support me and would like to see more stories from me. Please see follow the link below.

https://www.patreon.com/LAZYPANDA1
paypal.me/LazyPandah

 

16