Chapter 39
469 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing up the special class with her grandmother, Yao Zi ran towards the center of the Yao Clan complex. That place she was going was her mother’s study room, as she would normally be seen working on paper work at this time. This had been an agreed upon, so that both mother and daughter can spend some time together. This would let Yao Li to take a break from managing the Clan and cultivation.

Just like how Yao Zi did for her grandmother, she also came bursting in with a big smile. “Mommy. Hug!” She jumped from the entrance of the door to her mother at the other side of the room.

Yao Li smiled at the usual antic her little munchkin did every week if not days when she came to see her at this time. Yao Li open her arm and gracefully caught the little Yao princess. “How was your day my little Zi? Did you cause trouble with the beginner guard training?” Yao Li used one arm to hug her daughter firmly with one arm while using the other one to caress her daughter’s little face.

“Mm Mm.” Shaking her head back and forth rapidly to denied being label as a ‘bad girl’, Yao Zi started explaining that she was just helping with the training with the permission from big sis Mi. “Today training was for all of the big brothers and sisters to chase me in the middle of the city while making sure not to cause any trouble to any other people passing by. It was really fun as this was the first group that did not lose sight of me. So I was able to run really fast around the city and back to big sis when she blew out the whistle.”

Yao Li comb her child’s hair with one of her hand while listening to her daughters telling her day in an excited voice. “Mmm K. It seems my little fire is starting to be such an amazing girl.” Using both hand to tickle Yao Zi, Yao Li shower her little girl with warm love. As just knowing that she is growing up to be an amazing child right now with big smiles, filled her with fulfillment.

“Hahaha, I give, I give.” Little Zi laughter sounded in the study room as she was being assaulted by the tickle monster (her mom), tears of joy were soon slide down on her baby fat cheeks. Which was soon over, Yao Li gave her daughter time to calm down her breathing.

“So have you learn anything new from your grandmother little Zi?” After making sure that her daughter breathing was normal again, Yao Li inquire about Yao Zi’s learning

“Mm Mm, grandma just had be review all of the things she taught me. She also asked me if I started cultivating, which I made sure to let her know that I did not. Then she started giving me lots of pats and gave me some candy before I came here mommy.” Beaming with a big smile with her white teeth shinning, Yao Zi brag about being a good girl to her mother.

“Hehe, Yao Zi is the goodest girl. I am proud that you are my child.” All of the paperwork and problems outside of the city was all place in the back of her mind, as Yao Li just enjoyed the moment she had with her genius of a daughter.

“Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen!” A female melodious bell like voice started ringing out loud in the room. Causing Yao Li to look stunned while trying to find the source of the sound coming from the little green band on her daughter’s right wrist.

“Ah I forgot that today is day that I’m going to cook for us.” Yao Zi gave her mom another firm hug before making her way back towards the door. “Don’t forget to come to dinner on time mommy, otherwise the food will go cold.”

“I’ll be there on time dear.” The feeling of being proud just increases with each action her daughter takes, Yao Li made sure to drop everything later today to enjoy her daughter’s cooking. She had heard some rumor of a little girl spending a lot of her time in the kitchen practicing. This was soon confirm when her grandfather also kept appearing near the kitchen as well. The whole Yao Clan know that if not for Grand Elder Yao Shi forcing Yao Bai to go cultivate, he’d have spent most of his time doting his granddaughter.

Looking back down on her desk, she saw the letter that she was reading earlier. She saw the large embolden letters reading “Starlight City Academy” sent by the Solaris capital city stamped with the royal emblem, an invitation to enrolled students to the academy.


At the Yao Clan main kitchen.

“Shimmy, wake up! You said you were going to help me cook for mommy today.” Yao Zi made a pouting face while her hands were holding onto her childish hip, trying really hard to look like an angry adult that she saw on the street.

A stream of green fluid soon flow from Yao Zi’s nape and form into a green blob on her right shoulder. “Fine, but you have to make a large portion for me too.” Shimmy jumped up and down and copying Yao Zi’s pouting face. Yet that only made Shimmy look more like a green balloon jumping up and down slowly.

“Of course, you’re going to be eating with me and my family too. You’re my big brother and that makes you family.” Poking the ballooned up Shimmy one last time with her index finger, Yao Zi went back inspecting all of the preparation needed for today’s dinner.

Surprise by the sneak attack by Yao Zi’s word, Shimmy spewed out all of the air inflating him. Making him fly in the kitchen ceiling a couple of rounds before landing on the center kitchen table.

‘That’s cheating.’ Thought Shimmy.

 

If you'd like to support me and would like to see more stories from me. Please see follow the link below.

https://www.patreon.com/LAZYPANDA1
paypal.me/LazyPandah

14