Chapter 40
445 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Yao Clan’s main kitchen

Ingredients were flying in the air constantly with white smokes rising towards the ceiling.

“Onions.” A tiny hand held out a large wok that weighed about 15 kilograms

“Here” A green tentacle unfold its flat end to drop a pile of onions into the wok

“Sause.” Placing the big wok back into the roaring flames, a little girl’s voice sounded out again

“…” Yet silence was the only reply she got back for a while.

“Where is the lamb sauce?!” Yao Zi’s cute little voice was soon heard loudly in the kitchen.

“Here Chef Zi.” A green appendage quickly pulled over a bottle of sauce to the little girl’s hand.

In the kitchen the scene of a little girl using her short arms to handle a giant wok was an unbelievable sight to be seen. On the side of the kitchen outside of the way of the little girl and her companion cooking, there was a middle age man and mature looking woman standing there to watch over them. The middle age man Matt Dameon was the head chef of the kitchen with a stern face and arms cross in his white head chef uniform. Then there stood the mature looking woman Gao Xingyi to the side of the man who was her husband with a smile plaster on her face, she was the head waitress in charge of making sure that all of the food and the supply are where they’re supposed to be.


Both of them were new hires after the night raid that the Yao clan recruited. They had been looking for a place to settle down and which they heard that the Yao Clan was conducting a large scale recruitment due to their recent loss of large staff members for obvious reason that can be found by anyone. Even though there was a large line of people attending the recruitment, many of them were eliminated within the first round of testing.

This had cause many of the people who were eliminated to try and cause of ruckus, only to be shut down with threats. This however was explained by the Yao Matriarch that they had conducted a secret investigation that those who were eliminated were people with malicious intent towards their clan, shutting up anyone who tried to protest on their eligibility. This was backed up by a majority of the city people, as they had benefited greatly from the Yao Clan who was favored by senior Life Breather. If not for the majority of civilians in Sunset city already having their own living style set up comfortably, the applications to serve the Yao Clan would have flooded the largest courtyard in the Yao Clan complex.

Both Dameon and Xingyi was lucky to have been recruited as they were in the last batch of people to fill up the available spots. Dameon was able to impress the recruiter with his cooking ability, and Xingyi on the other hand was open to work whichever spot was available. In just a couple of years later, the skill they show in their profession impressed even the Yao Matriarch which later promoted both of them to be head leaders of their group.

At the same time that Dameon had impressed the Yao Matriarch with his cooking skill, a little girl was also there to sample his food also. This had soon caused a bit of a headache to him, as the little girl soon started following him around the kitchen for about a week. Dameon was usually quiet and prefer speaking bluntly on whatever needed to be said, which is this personality that soon cause him to confront the little princess of the Yao Clan with a blunt inquiry. The blunt question asking why the little girl was following him with his scary scowling face made the little Yao princess tear up on the verge of crying. Gao Xingyi luckily overheard her husband typical tone of voice, came in to save the day.

After calming down the little girl, Xingyi was able to figure out the situation and conveyed it back to her husband. The Yao princess Yao Zi was impress by Dameon’s cooking skill and wanted to learn how to cook from him. As to why she was about to cry earlier was that she thought that he was mad at her for following him, which made her thought that he would refuse to teach her.

Dameon decided to teach the young girl on how to cook, his reason being is that he did not want to be demoted after just being promoted to head chef. His wife on the other hand saw through his thought process and decided to keep quiet about it, as this was not the first time he said something different from what he was thinking. This again had cause many humorous events of misunderstanding between the chef and his apprentice. Fortunately they had Xingyi to communicate in the middle, which she had gladly assign to herself.


“Plates” Yao Zi was focus on her senses while paying attention to the food in the wok and 15 other dishes being cooked simultaneously.

“Plates on the island.” Shimmy replied back after arranging all of the plates on the table.

“Hah” Using her short arms, Yao Zi soon brought the wok over to the large table and neatly transfer the food to its assigned plate. This process was soon repeated until all of the plates had their own food on them.

Shimmy then quickly placed lids of different sizes to cover the plates to keep the food warm.

“Chef Dameon, how did I do?” Yao Zi used her white sleeve to wipe the sweat running down on her head.

“Passing.” A low bass like voice sounded out from Dameon, his face not showing a change in expression. He just stood tall over on the side still overlooking everything in the kitchen. “Your helper...not much of a helper.”

“Mmm.” Yao Zi look down at her feet while listening to the evaluation from her cooking teacher. ‘Hey now! How the heck am I supposed to find the correct bottle with all of them looking similar in color!?’ Shimmy’s complaints could only be heard by her.

“What he means is that you’ve done a wonderful job cooking all of those food with only just you and your familiar.” Xingyi soothing voice followed up after her less spoken husband compliments, while using one of her hand to pat on the little girls head. “Now it’s our job to move all of these food to the dining hall chosen for your family. Let’s go Princess Zi.”

 

If you'd like to support me and would like to see more stories from me. Please see follow the link below.

https://www.patreon.com/LAZYPANDA1
paypal.me/LazyPandah

11