Chapter 2
2.1k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Unedited)

Matriarch Yao Li quickly reached a room with many guards and security surrounding it, yet none were close to the entrance nor windows. Opening the door to the room, a rancid smell burns into her sense as her nose sour in grief as she stood still for a second.

 

Steeling her resolve and prepping herself she enters the rooms with light steps. With the white lily flower already in a vase, the Yao matriarch places the vase on a table next to the bed. Then looking over, she saw the Yao beloved treasure, her little treasure, a little girl no more than 2 years old.

 

.

..

 

The little girl Yao Zi is the daughter of the Yao matriarch and granddaughter to the Grand Elder Yao Bai. Burst of celebrations all over the clan and their territories when they learned of her birth, and sheer excitement rose in their heart when they heard her already talented in cultivation after just a week. Low fire elemental energy would surround her little body, nourishing every nerve and pores, giving all the seniors and elders within the Yao clan a shock when they were able to diagnose her body having signs of a Phoenix attributions. The Matriarch gave the highest order to seal this news from outsiders.

 

A year later, showered in love and care, Little Yao Zi had already learn to speak simply. With how fast her body improves with cultivation, she was already growing up to look similar to a 4 to 5-year-old, causing both great joy and bitter sweetness to her parent and grandparent.

 

Yet tragedies hit the high-flying Yao clan as they saw little Zi falling down while chasing her grandfather in the main courtyard. Face pale, haggard breathing, Yao Zi had her eyes closed tightly, her left hand pushing on her chest, and her right laying limply on her side.

 

Panic stricken, Yao Bai had strained his spiritual sense to max, searching for any enemy that may have invaded the Clan building, while scanning little Zi for her conditions.

 

Widen eyes, Yao Bai saw a small bit of flesh rotting on top of Little Zi right shoulder.

 

They found later that some type of illness has befallen Little Yao Zi, as her flesh would be rotting from the inside. Yet because of her body like Phoenix condition, her organs inside was safe… for the time.

 

Aggrieved and angered, the Yao clan did a widespread search, hounding down any and all suspicions they could find. Almost offending every big clan in the city and surrounding.

 

In their anger, they could not forget to try to find a cure for Little Zi.

 

Yao Bai, red eyes with intense self-blame, as he was one of the closest people to Little Zi, yet finding out about the illness so late. He planned to search forbidden grounds, in hopes of saving his granddaughter. With the strength of the 8 Late Nascent realm, he left the Yao clan in secret as his beloved Wife stayed behind to hold the clan together with her 6 Middle Nascent realm.

 

.

..

1 Year and a half later, with the Matriarch staring down lovingly yet with helplessness. Her little Yao Zi laying down on a bed with herbs and a rare spirit stone beneath her bed. Relieved and frustrated at how the illness had both stay at bay with the clan resource but seems to infect more areas on Yao Zi’s skin.

 

Already 1 quarter of her adorable face was turn into blacken flesh.

 

Tears stricken every time she saw her daughter in that condition, she would remember the sight where the clan doctor would had to cut off the rotten flesh. Or else the infection may spread even faster across her little body. Yet no matter how many times they remove all rotten dark flesh, it would return on a different spot.

“Little Zi, your Grandpa Bai has come back. He brought you back a pretty flower that will help you get better. So please, please stay strong dear.” Tears straining down her eyes as the Yao matriarch curse her powerless at how much pain her family is going through.

46