Chapter 9
1.5k 11 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hearing her own flesh and blood daughter call out to her, Yao Li hand quickly pulled Yao Zi into a firm hug.

"The Heavens are not blind. The Heavens are not blind." Thanking whatever high power belief that her daughter was still alive, not questioning anything else. Scared that maybe all this may be a fluttering dream from her exhausted mind. 

"Mommy" Yao Zi raised her own hand to lightly tap her mothers back. "I can't breath" Weakly squeezing out her words.

Realizing that she may have been putting too much strength in her hold, because of being afraid that she'll lose her child again if she let go. Yao Li back off a bit while still having both hands holding onto one of Yao Zi's hands. 

"Little Zi how are you feeling, are you still in pain?" Concern soon begins to overtake her feeling of relief, as she does not know what the condition of her daughter is at the moment. 

"Mommy, I feel a little better now. I don't feel as painful as before." Bringing back her free hand towards her face, she can feel that her pain was slowly receding. Although the pains throughout her body has not disappeared, she notice that a significant amount of pain she had before was gone. 

"Littl-" the Yao Matriarch saw something amazing, that the patch of black skin on her daughter precious face had shrunk a little bit. Shocked out of her mind, the Yao Matriarch began to reexamine many areas on her daughter's body. Some of the large infected area has shrunk about a tenth of their original size and many of the small new infected areas has stopped growing. 

For the first time in over a year, the Yao Matriarch could not help smiling in relief.

"But how can such a blessing come out of no where?" The Yao Matriarch begins to mutter to herself. Bewilder as to how such a miracle could have presented to her Yao clan, while Yao Li was contemplating her vision fell upon the brown lily flower that lay there lifelessly.

'It couldn't be that the flower gave the last of its life energy, as father said it had, to Little Yao Zi? But that can explain how this situation came to be.' As if the Yao Matriarch found the answer to the puzzle. 

'Father, your effort was not in vain. You saved Little Zi' immense relief and gratefulness filled the Yao Matriarch. She felt glad that she did not lose her daughter and that her father's effort has paid off. 

Yao Li's mind begin to start thinking that things will start looking brighter now, that now they can start focusing on improving the clan. To first heal her father that is not as near impossible to heal like Yao Zi's illness. They had the resource and manpower to spend for medicine that will be able to recover Yao Clan Grand Elder Bai back to his peak. They'd just need some time and make necessary preparation for any unknown problems that may arise.

*FFFFFFFSSSSSSSPHEEEWUH*

*BOOOOOOM* The Yao clan complex started rumbling. Shaking the grounds and alerting all the Yao clan member of enemy attack.

The Yao Matriarch paled in fright as she rushes out the door, just to see the Yao clan formation lights up.

*BOOM* More thunderous sound echo out as the Yao clan formation fluctuate from each bombardments.

"REPORT! Who is attacking us?!" The Yao Matriarch quickly gave out orders to other clan member and guards to prepare for defensive measure from enemy attacks while the clan formation still hold on.

Soon a clan guard came to report newly gained information.

"Matriarch, we're being attacked by the Chen clan and its allies. The whole complex has been surrounded!" without holding anything back, the guard quickly reported.

 

Did you guys expect that? Lemme know what you guys think about the story so far and thank you all for reading this novel.

44