Chapter 10
1.5k 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Those damn Chen bastards and their dogs." The Yao Matriarch teeth's was grinding from this cowardly covert attack from their opponent. But what confuses her was is how did a large force like that had gone unnoticed until they where right outside the gate. With the control key artifact on her at all time, she was able to tell that they still have a long amount of times before the formation gives out.

"Tell all elders to get into their position to fortified the clan formation." The Yao Matriarch leadership was starting to show why she was deserving of her status. "Open the armory and equip all combatant accordingly to their clan rank, and activate all the sub defensive formation around the clan."

The Yao Matriarch Yao Li rushed back inside the room to grab hold of Yao Zi, as leaving her in that room was too much of a risk. While the room may have some defense formation around it, it was mostly focus more towards stabilizing Yao Zi's condition.

"Little Zi, I'm sorry but I'll have to move you to a safe place." With little time to spare, the Yao Matriarch pulled Yao Zi into a hug with both hand and headed towards the center of the clan.


POV change - Chen Patriarch

"Is everyone in position?" The Chen Patriarch spoke arrogantly as he stare at the Yao clan formation flashing at a slight distance.

"No Patriarch, one of the Yao clan guard spotted our movement and had already sent back an alarm before we could finish him off. Only the special guest you invited and his forces are still on their way " Kneeling down on one knee, a Chen scout bow deeply with his head facing the ground.

"Hmph, it doesn't matter anymore. Tell everyone to proceed as planned. When the next day is comes, there will be no Yao Clan in Sunrise City!" Firmly holding onto a dark crystal in one of his hand, the Chen Patriarch order out. "ALL FORCES MOVE OUT!"


 

Shortly after the Yao Clan formation formed and flashing with bright lights. The senior elders of the Yao Clan quickly assemble at the central hall near the center of the complex.

"How did the Chen clan sneak that large of a force without our knowledge?" One of the clan senior elders spoke gravely.

"There's been no contact with any of our outpost or spies within the last 24 hours. The assembling of teams to scout those area was near completion until we were attacked." A male senior elder spoke afterward. "None of the other clan should have know how our inner information network work perfectly, but it seems there are some traitors in our clan. Some in high position to have known about ALL of our outposts!" Darting his eyes around, wariness could be seen in his eyes openly. 

"ENOUGH!" The Yao Matriarch open the door loudly, as she yell out. "We have a large threat looming outside of our gates right now. We need to find a way to survive through this ordeal before we collapse from-" The Yao Clan male senior elder who spoke last sent a fast flying talisman right in front the Yao Matriarch.

"BOOOM!"

"MATRIARCH!" Some of the senior elders screamed.

40