Chapter 41 – Family Time
412 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Just when Yao Zi was about to grab the first dish to bring over to the dining area, a blur soon burst open the door towards Yao Zi. No one in the kitchen was able to react to the blur as it was already within arm’s length of Yao Zi. Everyone in the room had different expression when they were able to tell who it was. Both Dameon and Xingyi made a respectful posture with their head lower, Shimmy had a deadpan face on his green blob of a body, and Yao Zi face smile brightly before changing into a frown.

“Oh my dear little princess, let me take those dishes to the table. Such a talented little girl being able to cook so many good looking and smelling food.” The blur turned out to be the Grand Elder Yao Bai, who was busy throwing a tsunami of praises to his little talented granddaughter.

“Mmph, No, grandpa promised me he would wait patiently at the dining area. I wanted to surprise you all when I bring all the food there.” Yao Zi cheeks expanded as she pouted with a frown on her face and crossed arms still in her white chef uniform.

“No. No. I didn’t mean to break a promise with little Zi, I just wanted to make sure that you were not hurt by all these big scary fire.” Even Yao Bai could not believe in his own word, when seeing how Yao Zi was able to handle all of the stoves with some room to spare.

“Grandpa. Back to dining room. I will bring the foods there. Otherwise I will give all of grandpa’s portion to Shimmy.” Still trying hard to keep her angry face on while talking to her grandfather, Yao Zi twist her face to the side.

‘CUTE!’ Was the only thing occupying his mind, as Yao Bai saw the action his little princess was acting in front of him. Then a few second later after registering the last words from her, Yao Bai was soon in shocked. “AHH. Please, anything but that. I don’t want to miss the food my little princess spent so much effort to cook for me.” Yao Bai big muscular body that made him look in his later 30s was on the ground begging a little girl.

“Grandpa, go wait at the dining area now or I give to Shimmy.” Closing her eyes, Yao Zi then gave out her final warning.

“Yes my little princess.” Yao Bai ran out towards the door while looking back, reluctant to leave his cherished little girl after finally seeing her again. Which was just two days ago that he last saw her.

‘Tsk, and here I was hoping to have a larger portion.’ Shimmy on the other hand was disappointed that the old childish man ran away.


 

Yao Bai did not have to wait long as Yao Zi was soon bring in dishes to the dining room. Yao Li and her mother Yao Shi could be seen having a conversation at the large table. Yao Bai on the other hand was agitated as he felt the urge to go lift the plates full of food from Yao Zi’s little hand. Yao Shi pinched him on his waist causing him to scrunch his face in pain, yet holding in the urge to cry out as to not distract Yao Zi.

“Sit still you old goat, our little Zi is doing her best. Don’t interfere.” Yao Shi scolded.

Sweat pouring down from his head, Yao Bai quickly nodded his head while sitting down properly.

As soon as the last dish was place down on the table, Yao Zi announced out loud. “Thank you all for coming. I hope you all enjoy the food I made today.” Yao Zi shot out multiple green strings to all of the lids covering the food and pulled them all together at once. She was able to catch all of them gracefully without making any loud noises, showing how great her awareness and body control are.

“Let’s eat.” Yao Zi’s white chef uniform melted away and combined with Shimmy who was on Yao Li’s left shoulder. Underneath the melted uniform was her usual bright red and green tunic with the Yao Clan’s symbol on her shoulders area of the tunic.

“Yes little Zi, let’s eat.” Yao Li smile at her beautiful daughter’s face, placing a roasted chicken drum stick onto her daughter’s plate in front of her.

“WOOOW, these foods are amazing. My little princess is very talented to know how to cook all these delicious food.” Yao Bai spoke out with a mouth full of food, as each bite sends a strong aromatic smell to his senses. All of the food were well prepared with a different flavor and texture that did not conflict with each other. Some of the ingredients were the cloud lambs, ghost pepper, three color salmon, misty lettuce, and more. These were valuable ingredients that were meant for cultivators, as though they did not contain much Ki energy in them, they held the least impurities available in Sunset city.

“Yes, little Zi’s food is simply exemplary. All your hard work learning how to cook is time spent well.” Yao Shi commented on the side while cutting a piece of steak with a knife elegantly. Unlike her husband Yao Bai, who was gorging himself with glee and tears leaking.

“This is very good little Zi, but I’m a bit sad that I won’t be able to cook for you anymore.” Joy filled Yao Li’s heart at her daughter’s hard work paying off and sadden by the fact that her daughter cooking skill has surpassed her own.

“Noooo!” Yao Zi’s voice erupted right away after hearing her mother’s word. “I still want to eat mommy’s food, it doesn’t taste the same if I make it myself.” Showing puppy eyes with glistening moisture showing, Yao Zi jumped out of seat to go hug her mother’s waist.

“If Little Zi still wants to eat the food I cook, I will never refuse your request.” Promising herself to get back to improving her cooking skill for her daughter, Yao Li let herself enjoy the relaxing time in the dining room.

‘Hey disciple Zi, your master Shimmy is tired from all that cooking and stuff. I’ll be relaxing somewhere, you can have the rest of the day to enjoy with your family.” Shimmy’s voice echo in Yao Zi’s mind.

‘But I want you to eat with my family though.’ Yao Zi was shocked that her master/big brother was not going to eat with her and her family.

‘Maybe next time. You have plenty of time.’ Was all that Yao Zi heard before the communication was cut off. She could still feel the bond with Shimmy, but was unable to send any thought transmission over unless it was an urgent feeling.

Yao Zi felt down trodden from the sudden absence of Shimmy, that the food tasted a little blander.

“Little Zi, is something the matter?” Yao Zi’s mother asked in a concern tone as she saw her daughter’s sad face.

“Mmm, I’m ok. Shimmy said he was tired and will not be joining us.” Unable to hide it from her mother, Yao Zi explained.

“Ok, maybe next time we can both cook together to make a bigger banquet so that your familiar Shimmy can join us then.” Yao Li tried to cheer up her daughter.

“Mm.” Nodding her head, Yao Zi swear to have a family diner with Shimmy. That way Shimmy won’t be able to label himself as a lost traveler, but as her big brother. “We’ll make lots!”


 

In a forest in the east of Sunset city

‘Sigh. Little tricky sweet girl.’ Shimmy’s sighed mentally. ‘Guess I’ll have to vent my hunger on to you fellas.’

Two wild dogs growling menacingly back at Shimmy, who was currently in possession of a squirrel covered in green skin spike tail.

 

If you'd like to support me and would like to see more stories from me. Please see follow the link below.

https://www.patreon.com/LAZYPANDA1
paypal.me/LazyPandah

 

 

9