Chapter 43
1.1k 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Rustle* The tall grasses moved about as the two adult rabbit came back to try save their children. Yet all they saw, was a slightly large green squirrel holding onto a python body that was shortening with each movement.

Turning around the green squirrel horrifying maw was shown to the two-adult rabbit. Blood dripping from the edge of the mouth, three long tendril stabbing into the open flesh of the python’s dead body to pull towards the unnatural being.

*Crunch* Another bite came down with its unusually large head that did not fit with proportion of the squirrel’s body. The sound of the python’s flesh and bone being rip that could make a human feel disgusted sounded in the adult rabbit’s tall gray ears. Yet they did not run away or cry out, they just stayed in place shivering harder with each bite that the green monster took. They already knew that their death was assured at seeing their mortal foe dying just moments before they shortly came back. This simple action had preserved their life so far, as Shimmy slowly took his time consuming what is left of the big snake.

‘Still hungry… but searching for preys are taking too long.’ Shimmy took another bite off the dad python, while pondering over his current dilemma. ‘I don’t want to search around too much, as I may attract a random expert. I can only currently take on spirit beast of the 2nd Ki Gatherer stage. Any higher would require me using Divine Source, which is a big waste of precious resource.’

Shimmy’s vision soon fell onto the two-adult rabbit after pausing his thought process.

‘Guess I should deal with these two.’ Shimmy’s focus his white scarring eyes like skin that overlapped the squirrel’s eye, he approach the both of them.

 Seeing the end coming ever closer to them, the first one to act was the male grey rabbit. With little Ki energy within its body, the male grey rabbit slowly took a few steps forward before laying on the ground with its back. The female saw the gesture by her mate and soon join in the same action. Life had held no more meaning to the female rabbit, as it had thought to fight the large python to her dying breath. Vengeance for her dead babies already completed by an even greater monster, now she just lay down waiting for her end.

Seeing the action taken from the two helpless rabbit, both showing different emotion on their face. As far as Shimmy could tell he saw the female grey rabbit closing her eyes in acceptance, while the male rabbit eyes kept staring straight into Shimmy’s own eye. After pausing for a few second just in front of them, Shimmy open his front jaws to swallowed both of them whole in one swift moment. Then it was only Shimmy standing alone, lowering his head slightly for a while afterward.

Shimmy shot out green string that stick to a tree, pulling himself into the air. Searching for more living beings to increase his |Symbiote Points|, used to upgrade his symbiote abilities and learning new skills.


 

Using the chance now that he finally able to control an animal with his |Take Over| skill instead of making one of them into a host. This skill had given more control over to Shimmy’s. As taking in any host would require him to choose a Main Host first to properly exhibit any of his Symbiote abilities, then all other host would be considered Sub-Hosts.

It took Shimmy over 5 years after coming out of his depression of many experiments, that he was able to manipulate an animal with his |Take Over| control. All those animals before the squirrel had suffered painful death. As trying to control any being under his skill control is like using strings to control a puppet over a long distance. Any wrong slip that Shimmy did could make the target rip themselves apart literally, that would also include all the small details of making the organs inside the target to work constantly. Other wise Shimmy may also forget to have the animal breath, suffocating them to their death.

The benefit of the skill from all of the work is being able to still have the perks to earn Symbiote points and expendable lives that would not penalize Shimmy.

With his experience as a symbiote, he learned that he could only have one Main Host that will remain unchanged until the Main Host dies. Either by his choice that forcefully kills his own host, or by other causes. The death of the Main Host whether by draining them or by outside causes drastic penalty to him. The only difference is that if Shimmy absorb the life energy from the Main Host is that the penalty to Shimmy could be reduced. Loss of Sub-Host however would not cause too much losses to Shimmy, as they are considered less important pieces to protect the Main host. The damages that is done from the lost of host could be loss parts of Shimmy’s soul and degrade of skills. Shimmy had yet to test out whether he could truly die, as he has not met another being like himself.

The number of Sub-Host that Shimmy could have is dependent on the level of |Body Clone| skill. This would allow Shimmy to transfer a part of his mind and Symbiote ability to permanently stay with the Sub-Host, this however would have reduced skills that is also dependent on the |Body Clone| skill.

Shimmy being more accustom to the body of the squirrel whom he raised just 7 months back. A baby squirrel that was either abandon or turned into an orphan, as no other squirrel came back to it. Shimmy was able to find the baby squirrel crying out weakly when he was teaching Yao Zi how to run blind folded. Having pity the orphaned baby squirrel, Shimmy took it in with a symbiote seed implanted in it. The idea to use his |Take Over| skill on the baby squirrel came from finding out that the baby was born disabled.


 

Back to the forest close to Sunset City.

Patches of blood could be seen in a few parts of the forest, as a green blur jumps swiftly between trees with green strings being shot out. The patches of blood begin to increase in size as the prey being hunted started growing in size also. The 1st Ki Gatherer level was the highest beast being that was hunted as Shimmy made sure to not destroy its target host with the |Take Over| skill.

“Squeak squeak” The target host squirrel sounded out, letting Shimmy know that it was still able to keep going on for a while longer to hunt.

‘Fine with me.’ With a slightly less craze tone in his mental voice, Shimmy directed their body towards the inner part of the forest. Where stronger beasts could be found more easily.

*Fwoosh* The green grotesque squirrel shot out another string to travel faster into the forest.

 

If you would like to support me and would like to see more stories from me. Please see follow the link below.

https://www.patreon.com/LAZYPANDA1
paypal.me/LazyPandah

12