Getting Ready and the Date
1.5k 10 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey everyone, me again. Nothing to add here so onto the chapter.

 

With Issei:

'Shit, I didn't think this through too well,' Issei thought as he tried finding something to wear to the date, but having nothing he thought was suited for it. "Dad!" He yelled out to his fathers as he ran down the stairs to the living room where both his birth and adoptive parents were hanging around.

Hearing Issei call out for them, both Sirzechs and Issei's adopted father, Iseki, looked at each other wondering which one he had been asking for. Looking up as he ran into the room, what Issei had to say surprised Iseki as he hadn't been expecting it. "Could both of you help me find something to wear tonight on my date with Sona? Nothing I have seems like it will work for a date."

Blinking, then having to blink again before his mind caught up to what was asked, Iseki looked into the kitchen where his wife and Grayfia were having a chat of their own. "Hey sweetie?" Getting her to look out the door at him. "Did you know Issei's finally going on a date with Sona?" Which when she replied, caused the adults to laugh while Issei facepalmed.

"Fucking finally. I've been waiting on it to happen for the last year."

Laughing at them, Sirzechs had to find Issei's reaction and commented about how the Student council had the exact same reaction to the two finally going on a date.

"Oh please Mr. Gremory, everyone but those two could see it. He's been sweet on her since they first met, and I could tell that she cared for him ever since she started coming over to help him study."

"Don't worry about that Mrs. Hyoudou. Tak-Issei gets that side of him from Grayfia. It took me years of trying to show her I was in love with her." Sirzechs said almost calling Issei by his original name, while Grayfia just rolled her eyes at her husband, not able to disagree with him.

As soon as Issei had gotten home, he had introduced his birth parents to his adopted ones and they had hit it off instantly, and were having fun talking about the boy. When his name had been brought up on if he would change his name back to Takumi, now that they knew his original name, it had been decided for him to keep using Issei as it could cause problems changing after using it for so long but as he did want to keep some of his original name, he decided to change his full name to Issei Takumi Hyoudou Gremory, dropping the Lucifuge name as everyone thought it would be too long and Grayfia didn't mind too much either as he wouldn't need it unless he wanted to revive the clan in the future.

=====Flashback=====

Walking home while holding hands with Grayfia, Issei would have never figured his day would turn out like it did; meeting his birth parents, to learning he was engaged to Sona, someone he had been crushing on for months, and hoping she felt the same and was thrilled she did. As they neared his house, one thought kept nagging at the back of his mind and needed answers before they reached his house. "So, this just crossed my mind but how do we want to handle this?" He asked, causing both Grayfia and Sirzechs to look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean Issei? I would think and hope this would be a simple process of meeting your adoptive parents." Grayfia said, getting a nod from Sirzechs as they weren't entirely sure what he was asking about.

Taking a moment to get his thoughts fully in order, Issei commented, "Well, as far as I know, my adoptive parents don't know about the supernatural or my powers. I can't promise that, but I figured we should get our stories straight at least on that side here before you meet them." Getting a nod from the two as it now made sense what he had been asking. "I know the rules about not telling about the supernatural, Sona, as well as the lady from the church who taught me about my powers, gave me the rundown about keeping it a secret, which I can understand." Receiving another nod from the two.

"I think we should keep it a secret for now and if they bring it up, we'll deal with it then." Sirzechs said after a moment of thought, getting a nod of agreement from both Issei and Grayfia. "And on that note, I think I'll use Gremory instead of Lucifer on my end," catching the look on his wife's face, he kept going before she could say anything, "they might become suspicious if I went with Lucifer. Better to be safe than sorry for now." Getting a nod from her after she thought about it for a moment.

Glad that that question had been dealt with, Issei noticed they were almost to his house. "We're almost there. Anything else we should figure out now before you meet them?"

Both of them shook their heads no, but Sirzechs did comment, "I would love to hear more at some point about how you learned about your powers and the lady from the church." Getting a nod of acceptance from him.

=====Flashback End=====

"Please, call me Emiko. I've never really liked being called just by my last name and I think both of you deserve that much," getting a nod from her husband.

"I'm with my wife on this one. I don't like being called Mr. Hyoudou outside of work unless it's a situation that calls for it." Getting a nod from the two.

"Please call me Sirzechs then. We can't thank both of you enough for adopting Issei and helping him grow into who he is today," Sirzechs said, with Grayfia nodding her head asking that they call her Grayfia as well.

Nodding his head at the two, Iseki turned his head back to Issei who was close to hyperventilating as even though he had an hour before the date was supposed to start. "What you wear should depend on what y'all are doing tonight Issei."

"We plan on going to see the new Pokémon movie that just came out recently, as I know how much of a fan of Pokémon Sona is. After that I plan on taking her out for food then making sure she gets home safely." He said, still hyperventilating and trying to keep an attack from happening, which Grayfia noticed so stepped over and helped by draining some of his ice magic and forcing both the ice and fire magic down from the surface.

Seeing a chance to embarrass his son a little bit, Sirzechs's next comment had Issei face palming. "How far do you want to go with her though, Issei, first, second, third, or all the way." Laughing as Issei blushed massively.

"Papa!" Issei yelled as he tried to quit blushing at the thought. Sirzechs, for his part, just blinked a couple times as what Issei had called him took hold in his mind. So, he would be papa, while Iseki was dad. He could live with that just fine, glad to have his son back.

"What, you're engaged to Sona so it's not out of the question that something might be done or wish to be done soon," he said causing both Iseki and Emiko to widen their eyes at the shocking news.

"Since when have they been engaged?!" They both exclaimed at once looking at both Sirzechs and Issei confused.

"Sona is from a very prestigious family, and from the time they had learned they were going to have a girl had marriage proposals coming in. We were in the same situation, but where we decided not to do the arranged marriage method, instead letting our son make his own decision, her parents aren't the same way as only her older sister is overly protective of her. Though when Sona learned of the arranged marriage she had been put in she made the decision she wouldn't marry anyone smarter than her, and with her parents approval, made the call where she would only marry someone that was able to beat her at chess, which the person she was arranged to marry was not able to do. Apparently, Issei here was the first one to beat her at chess last year." Sirzechs clarified for them but they only turned towards Issei with one question.

"You've been engaged for a year and haven't told us?" Making him sigh, but not mad at the question. He couldn't blame them for being mad at something that enormous not being told to them if he had known about it before but there wasn't anything he could do about it in this situation.

"I only learned today about being engaged to Sona. The two of us were hanging out in the Council room during our free period when an attack hit. After Sona told me to take a nap, one of her older sister's bodyguards came by to check on her and Sona asked her to go get Mama," pausing to point at Grayfia, "as she thought that Mama would be able to help with my illness, but none of us expected Mama to be Mama. Then Papa mentioned the engagement not realizing that I didn't know as Sona hadn't figured out a way to tell me yet." Getting a nod from Iseki and Emiko, while Grayfia smiled noticing the same thing that Sirzechs had that he called Emiko mom and her mama which she had no issues with.

Realizing the time, Issei ran back to his room followed by both sets of parents. "Crap I'm almost out of time. I'd rather not be late to my first date with her." Making his father's laugh while Iseki stepped into his closet and Grayfia moved over to try and do something with his hair. "Ignore your fathers for now, let's get you ready to go."

Grabbing a brush, Grayfia had to comment on his hair. "While I do think the spiky hair look fits you, let's see if we can't tame it some."

While watching his wife, Sirzechs noticed the similarities to his mother's hair color. "You definitely got the hair from the Bael side of the family. She may have a lighter color of hair, but you got the full brunt of it, as my father's side has red predominant hair."

"So, I get my hair from my paternal mother's side of the family?" Issei asked as another thought crossed his mind but Sirzechs answered him before he could ask. 'Where do I know the Gremory name from?'

"Yes. Her side of the family is all brunettes. My red hair comes from the Gremory side of the family. Me, my father, my sister, as well as your little brother, all have red hair."

Finally remembering where he knew the name from, Issei had to ask with dread. "Your sister wouldn't happen to be named Rias, would she?" Getting a nod from Sirzechs. "Great. This should be fun." Confusing both Sirzechs and Grayfia but Emiko stepped in before they could comment.

Getting mad, Emiko finished finding something for him to wear as she asked for clarification. "Rias? She's the one that has gone around spreading all sorts of rumors about you, isn't she? Who pretended to be your friend until learning you were adopted?" Making both Sirzechs and Grayfia get pissed off at what they heard.

"The ones that were about me being an orphan and a massive pervert? Then yeah that's her. Almost everyone at the school except a couple teachers, the Student Council, the Kendo Club and Rias's friend Koneko believe the rumors. I've been attacked a few times because of it," making both Sirzechs and Grayfia remember back to when Peko was talking to them at first about Sona hitting a boy, before he started getting pissed off at his sister making some killing intent flow out unintentionally, but thankfully Grayfia, who had just finished fixing Issei's hair, caught on fast enough to stop him with a hand on his shoulder before it got too bad, even though she was in the same boat.

"She was raised much better than that. We will be having words with her tomorrow, believe me." Sirzechs said pissed off at his sister, but did mentally thank Grayfia for stepping in before his killing intent leaked too much out, but they all were surprised at Issei's next words.

Knowing that that could cause more issues than it was worth, Issei pleaded, "Please don't. If you do that there's a high chance of it causing more issues than I have to deal with right now, if she learns I went around her and came to you about it." Getting a reluctant nod from his father, who had one more thing to say as Issei got up to get dressed in what his mom had brought him.

"If she tries anything else, I'll do everything I have to to get her ousted as the next heir of the Gremory family." Still mad at Rias, but after thinking about it for a minute, decided to go with Issei's plea to not do anything for the moment.

Sighing, glad that his father had agreed for the moment to leave it be, he looked at what his mom had brought out for him to wear and liked it immediately; it was a pair of khaki pants and a dark green button-down shirt. Looking at the time, he panicked and rushed towards the door. "Shit, I'm out of time. Love you mom, mama, dad, papa! I'll see y'all later." Causing his birth parents to look shocked at his last words.

Looking at Sirzechs, and seeing his shocked face, Grayfia asked the question they both had to be wondering at the moment, all the while trying not to cry but finally letting it out. "How can he say he loves us already when we've missed so much of his life?" With Sirzechs only nodding his head at the question.

Nodding her head at the two, Emiko's next words had them feeling more at ease. "Issei has always been that way, especially after his health started failing. He shows love to anyone he meets and does his best to make everyone feel special when around him. He's taken a knife in the shoulder for his friend Motohoma from a mugger, and a bullet in the shoulder for his other friend Matsuda, after an attempted burglary. You know how he mentioned Koneko earlier, one of Rias's friends, she's the only one in her club that doesn't believe any of the rumors." Emiko mentioned before going into what happened between the two.

"We've pretty much all but in paper adopted her." Making both Sirzechs and Grayfia happy with what they had been told as well as happy Koneko had found someone that she was that close to, considering her past.

"We've known Sona since she was a baby, her and Rias are the same age, and I'm glad to see that she has found someone that can make her blush and lose her stern side every now and then, and from what we saw in the Student Council room earlier, I think Issei does that just fine. How about we swap stories about the two while we spy on their date?" Sirzechs replied as he got ready to go make sure the date wasn't spoiled by anything.

Sighing at the two, both Grayfia and Emiko looked at each other with a knowing look and decided to follow the two and make sure they behaved themselves.

With Sona:

"Damnit, everything I have looks too nice for just a movie date." Sona said, looking through her wardrobe at her parent's house, Serafall had teleported them straight there after leaving the Council office so she could get ready for the date, Sona couldn't find a thing she felt was suited for her first date with Issei. Knowing how much of a bad idea it was but not having much choice she headed out to get her sister, knowing her sister, she'd probly try and put her in a magical girl outfit, but was running out of time.

"Big sis!" she said as she ran to her sister's room, "can you help me find something to wear tonight. Nothing I have seems like it works for just a simple movie date." She said, which caused her sister to look up from her own closet with glee and happiness, which made Sona sigh knowingly. "And before you even think about it, no magical girl outfits. If you do try to, I won't hug you for a month, no matter who's around," she said, knowing her sister, who frowned at her but headed off back to Sona's room to find something for her to wear.

Thinking about it for a moment, Serafall called for her Bishop Akane to come and help out with Sona's hair, as before she was reincarnated, she was a beautician, as she said something she knew would cause Sona to blush. "Let's find you an outfit to woo your husband." As Akane joined them, and causing Sona to blush.

"Big Sis! We aren't even married yet!" Sona said blushing as she watched her sister start looking through her closet.

"He's as protective of you as I am, which I approve of, so you might as well be married. But if he tries anything he won't escape my wrath." Making Sona blush once again as she remembered an incident that happened a few years ago.

Sona had been having a calm day out with her sister, when a random stray devil decided to try and attack them. Sona didn't even fully register what was going on before Serafall flash frozen the stray and then was left in the garden as a warning. Serafall had left a sign stating; "this is what happens to anyone to tries to attack my So-tan." With a P.S. added by her peerage that said; "this is what happens if our King gets to them first." Signed Leviathan's peerage.

Deciding to get back to the current issue, Serafall asked as she started pulling out clothes. "So how far do you want to go with him tonight?"

"Big Sis!" Was all Sona could say as Akane started working on her hair.

"What? I need to know what you hope to do so I can dress you appropriately. Sexy and smoldering, or cute and cuddly."

"I want to look like myself not some prostitute," Sona replied, which made Serafall put back some clothes. Seeing that, she turned to Akane. "Akane, remind me to burn whatever clothes she just put back later," getting a laugh from the bishop. "Sis remember our deal I made when I first went to you about no magical girl clothes," making her sister grimace and put more clothes away before bringing some over right as Akane finished getting done with Sona's hair. Glancing over it she saw a nice teal colored dress that was knee length and a blue shirt with green vines on it which she felt would be great for tonight. "Thanks, big sis!" She said before getting up and going to get dressed in her private bathroom, liking it even more after she got it on.

After Sona got back from the bathroom getting dressed Serafall remembered something she needed to give to her as a gift. "Oh! Before I forget to get these to you," she said pulling out a case of contact lenses. "I had Ajuka make you these as either a replacement or if you don't want to use your glasses sometimes." She added getting a hug from her sister after she opened the case.

Thanking her sister and asking her to thank Ajuka for her, she stepped away from Akane and Serafall to not risk them getting caught by her eye's properties. Her eyes were the reason that even though they had gotten the same magic training, Sona's water magic wasn't as far along as Serafalls. She had gained the eye powers from her mother's side of the family, and focused more on using them as a trump card, something that no one knew about except for Ajuka, her parents and sister and her sisters peerage knew about the trump card and they did their best to keep it that way. She had two different eye powers, the Geass eye for her left, which she could control about 75% of the time and her Gorgon eye for her right, and had the same amount of control over it.

Very few knew it or remembered, but Sona's mother was kicked out of her family clan, the Occulious clan, about a month before they were wiped out, and they were known for their eye powers, Though almost everyone was known to have only one eye power in both eyes, not two like Sona had. Ajuka, at Serafalls request, had done a checkup on Sona to make sure that her two eye powers weren't going to cause any issues that could be caught early on, and he cleared her of anything he might find. He did comment though that maybe since the Sitri clan had had another Occulious family member marry in well before Sona's mother, that might have helped with her gaining two eye powers, as here four times great grandmother had the Gorgon eye, and her maternal grandmother had the Geass eye.

Being cautious while getting both contacts in, she finally did and turned around hoping that the contacts worked like her glasses and was pleased to see they did. Hugging her sister, she heard someone coughing to get their attention and turned to see Peko leaning against the wall like she'd been there the whole time, which she could have been for all they knew. "Hate to break up this cute scene but your date started twenty minutes ago, she said, causing Sona's eyes to widen as she prepared a magic circle to get near the theatre. "Thanks sis, Akane. I gotta get going before Issei thinks I stood him up." Making the three left in the room laugh, as the rest of Serafall's peerage came into the room.

"We're going to follow them aren't we." Ibuki commented knowing her King as Serafall nodded, causing Peko to sigh.

"Of course we are. We have to make sure it goes perfect." She said as she did her best to hide their demonic powers. Sona's eye powers were not something to trifle with, she wasn't sure if even she was able to not be affected, and she didn't know how Sona might react to having people watch over their date.

At the Theatre

Sona had teleported to a thankfully empty alleyway a couple blocks from the theatre, and ran the rest of the way and only stopped long enough to fix her wind-blown hair a little bit before stepping into the theatre, happy to see Issei still here, holding one of his famous ice roses. What she wasn't expecting was for a small group of girls from Kuoh Academy hanging around him. With her devil hearing she could hear what was going on with the group.

"So I noticed your date still isn't here. Are you sure you don't want to just hang out with us and not worry about her?" One of the first-year girls asked him, making Sona start to get mad, but she was happy to hear his response to them, which on that note made her realize she needed to talk to Issei about something soon; she was fine if it ever came to where he wanted a harem. She had been thinking about it for years and had come to the decision of she wouldn't mind being in a harem as long as she was the head wife and she got along with them. She wasn't too sure what Issei's thoughts might be on one due to his health issues, but it would be best to get it out of the way sooner than later. Putting that aside for the moment she flared a tiny amount of power out just enough for Issei to turn and notice her right as he was speaking.

"Thanks ladies but I'm sure she just got hung up talking to her sister, knowing how protective she is of her." Issei said as he felt Sona's magic power flare for a moment and tried to make it look like he was just looking around as he turned towards her. "Speak of the devil and she shall appear. There she is now," pointing behind the girls towards Sona and they all turned, surprised at who it was that showed up, and also making Sona snicker at Issei's word choice.

The first-year girl who was talking earlier was certainly surprised to see the Student Council President show up until she remembered how protective the council was with Issei but she didn't figure the two of them were together. She did try and put out another protest though. "Your just gonna forgive her like that? Even after making you wait this long?" She asked before noticing a new fact about Sona. "And what happened to your glasses Kaichou?" Trying but not being completely able to remove the malice she was feeling.

Stepping in hoping to keep things civil between everyone Issei had also noticed the glasses but something else. "Like I said it's no big deal about her being late. This date was a last-minute deal so I kind've figured this might happen. And I'm sure she's just wearing contacts now instead of her glasses." He said noticing a few of the girls seemed to calm down after his comment about this being last minute but some were still mad, something he didn't understand. "You look lovely by the way Sona. Let's head on in." Laughing internally at how he made her blush with his comment. We'd better hurry though if we want to get snacks before the movie starts," he said as he handed her the rose as she nodded.

"Sorry Issei, Serafall held me up and I lost track of time." She said getting a nod of understanding from him as he had already figured that out. But before they could get too far, Sona got pushed from behind making her fall to the ground and lose a contact, something she didn't realize as she turned around to glare at the girls and Issei who happened to be right at the corner of her eyesight, that had done it, before realizing that she'd lost a contact as the girls were all frozen in the position they were in. Rapidly closing her eye she started looking around for her contact as Issei came up to her to check on her.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he noticed she was looking for something and had an eye closed. And why do you have your eye closed? You have a beautiful eye color." Looking confused as she looked up at him with a stunned expression on her face, until she pointed behind him and that's when he noticed the girl and the others that were in that group that had pushed her frozen and not moving. "Cool! I didn't know you could do that! How did you do it?" Getting a look of surprise when she pointed to her eye.

"I've got 2 powers in my eye, Geass and Gorgon. My glasses before and now my contacts help control the power as I don't have full control over them at this time. I've even frozen Ultimate level devils before so i'm honestly surprised you weren't affected too." Making him nod, but she kept going right before he could ask his next question. "I can reverse it but still…" She said as she found her contact.

Commenting, Issei only could whistle at what he learned, "How about we just adjust their memories of this incident and unfreeze them after you put your contact back in." Getting a nod of agreement from her. Right after he commented that, he flinched as he heard a voice in his head.

"[Hey partner. I just woke up from my nap after feeling a massive power flow over us. Felt like petrification or freezing magic to me. We weren't affected due to the fact that before I was killed, I was in the top ten most powerful beings alive.]" Said the deity in his Sacred Gear, DDraig the Red Dragon Emperor. Issei had known him ever since Griselda helped him awaken his powers and was a welcome voice when he was bored.

'So that's why I wasn't affected. That was Sona's Gorgon eye magic being activated accidentally.' Issei replied back, glad to know why he was able to get around it and how strong his partner was at one point, something kind've glossed over in the past.

"[I know what all kind've magic she has as I could sense it from her, but felt you would want to learn about them yourself.]" DDraig said, then wryly commented. "[So, finally got it in your head she likes you back?]" Chuckling at his host at those words as he knew how Issei felt about Sona.

'Oh shut up.' Issei could only blush and grumble at DDraig as he chuckled in the back of his mind as Sona came back from putting back in her contact while he had been preoccupied talking with DDraig. As she was adjusting the girl's memories he went and bought them snacks for the movie. Once they got the snacks and the memories changed, they headed on into the movie, missing the scene behind them where Serafall and her peerage had a chat with the girls about what had happened, as they weren't at all happy. Right before they reached the theatre, Issei pulled Sona to the side, letting her know what DDraig had told him about how he got around her powers which she nodded as she could see that being transferred to him.

Halfway during the movie, as both Sona and Issei were enjoying themselves and each other's company, a catchy song came on and Sona's comment made Issei look at her surprised as she leaned over to him and whispered, "I'm so going to look up those lyrics once we get home."

"You can sing?" He said a little surprised, but expecting the time he could hear her sing getting a nod from her.

"I might sing to you sometime soon, if you play your cards right." She said chuckling at his grimace but she was game to do it.

Not long after, a guy behind them got pissed off at the movie and his next words annoyed both Issei and Sona. "This movie is bullshit." Making both of them annoyed as this wasn't the first time he had yelled out during the movie.

Issei, finally having enough yelled back at him saying, "Then leave asshole. Some people are actually liking the movie." Causing the guy to yell out "Who did that before he was removed from the theatre by a guy they both knew.

"Looks like we got company tonight," Sona said, turning back to the movie as she recognized the devil signatures in the theatre with them as people she knew.

"More than a few," Issei agreed, starting to get some ideas to get them back, making DDraig chuckle as he followed along with his thoughts. "That was papa that removed the guy. Plus I can sense mama and my adoptive parents are here in back."

Not long after that, a sad part of the movie came up which caused someone to cry in the back, and made Sona realize who else was watching them. "That was big sis. I bet you anything most of her peerage is here as well. I'll make sure to get them back for this later." She said before catching Issei's expression which made her realize he was already planning something. "I know that look, what do you have in mind."

"Couple things really," he said as he put his arm around her shoulders, making her jump and surprising her at first but she didn't mind it. "We could ignore them, or make them think we are going farther then we are. If you don't mind I've wanted to do this all night and if you're willing, maybe holding hands too. I think that's a good start for now." Causing her to blush but nodded her head at the idea and reached up to hold his hand that was on her shoulder. They both started smirking as they heard their stalkers whispering at each other how far along they already were.

Scene Skip

"That movie was ok, but it seems like they are just doing the same things over again." Sona said, annoyed at one of the things she had come to love in the human world was becoming repetitive.

Nodding his head as he agreed, Issei led them out of the theatre and off towards a place he knew about that served real good food. Walking besides Sona, he tried his luck by reaching for her hand as he commented, "the place we're headed to to eat knows about the supernatural, so you don't have to hide your identity here."

Jumping at the touch, Sona soon accepted it and squeezed his hand, finding that she liked the feeling when they were watching the movie. Nodding at his words she wondered what this place was as they walked inside the diner. She was surprised that the moment they entered, Issei was tackled into a hug by an older woman.

"Issei! It's been awhile. How have you been?" She said as she hugged him, getting a laugh and a hug back from him. "You know I like my friends to keep in touch." She said, but before he could comment, she looked over and saw Sona. "And you brought someone with you this time I see. About time you found a girl," making both of them blush as she laughed and introduced herself. "I'm Ana. I run the diner here." Smiling at Sona.

"I'm Sona Sitri. Nice to meet you," Sona said as she bowed to the woman, liking her. Right as Sona quit bowing a new face showed up that both of them knew.

"Hey Koneko. On another snack run?" Making Ana giggle as they both knew how Koneko was.

"Hey Issei. On a date with Sona I see." Koneko said, surprising Sona as she had thought all of Rias's peerage hated Issei, but it seemed like Koneko did not.

"Yeah we just got done with seeing the new Pokémon movie," he said, making Sona blush as he smiled at her and pulled out a chair for her.

"Fucking finally." She said, making both Sona and Issei facepalm at her words and a table of adults started to chuckle as they heard what Koneko had said, but the kids didn't notice the adults at the time.

Looking over at Sona, Koneko just had one thing to say. "I see Issei as an older brother, and so treat him well. If you don't…" she said as she punched the wall beside her cracking it and scaring Sona as she had never seen this side of the girl, right as Ana had something to say.

"Did you really have to do that Koneko? Hey Manny, come out and fix this wall for me would you?" Ana yelled towards the kitchen, and as a guy came out to fix it she took Koneko over to get some snacks.

Shocked at how Koneko was acting, she looked over at Issei as he sat down. "Well that was interesting. How are you and Koneko good friends? I thought everyone in Rias's peerage hated you." Making him blush as he remembered how they got to where they are now.

"I helped her out one day before I realized how much strength she had, I found her getting cornered by some thugs trying to get her to go out with them, and I knocked them out and took her out to get ice cream to make sure she wasn't scarred or anything." Making her nod her head in understanding. "After that she started hanging out with me, becoming a shadow of sorts, and my parents adore her. They've both unofficially adopted her, and even have a bed set aside for her for the times she has to get away from Rias." Having her nod again as it made sense to her in a way with Koneko's past.

"That explains things perfectly to me, but how did you know about this place? I never knew there were places for the supernatural around town."

"Auntie Griselda told me about this place, and brought me here a couple times before she moved away. There's places like this all over town. We can try other places next time," he said seeing how she looked like she was gonna ask, getting a nod from her.

Right after that, he felt something move in his pocket. "Oh before I forget I made you something earlier. I know you don't like things that are too big or flashy, but I hope you'll like this," as he brought it out of his pocket.

Laughing, she had to agree with him. "You know me well by now, I don't like flashy stuff but if it's from you I'll more than likely like it or just add something to it…" she started to say as what he brought out registered. "Issei, is that what I think it is?" She asked as she got a good glance at what he held. It was a ring that had a red scale like band with icy blue veins, with a green and blue gem in the center of the band. "It's beautiful."

"Well as we're engaged I figured I should get you a ring to signify it." He said rubbing the back of his head happy she liked it. "The band I made with my ice magic, and the gem is a small piece from the Boosted Gear, which DDraig was happy to give, as he adores you." Making her blush and DDraig laugh inside his head at her reaction. "While wearing the ring you'll be mostly resistant to poison, due to the fragment from the Boosted Gear, as well as be able to erect a barrier in times where you need one. Plus it'll help you on giving an early warning of pending danger, as well as help us find each other if we need to, due to the gem from DDraig." He said before she pulled him into a kiss across the table.

Sona was blushing at his words as she had one thought; 'This ring is so beautiful and thoughtful of him. I'm glad he beat me at chess.' Before she pulled him into a kiss over the table getting wolf calls and whistles from the other people in the restaurant as well as their stalkers. "Thank you Issei, and yes, a thousand times yes. I love it." Making him smile as she accepted the ring, and his next comment made her blush and he had to laugh.

"You know, you could be calling me by my nickname, right? We are engaged."

"I thought only your family was allowed to call you that?"

"Sure but you're technically family now that we're engaged." Laughing at her expression as they started eating their supper, he just had one thing left to say. "You know I love you even in moments like this."

"Yes but it doesn't stop it from being embarrassing to me." She said, making him laugh. "And I love you too."

 

A/N: And that's the end of this chapter. 

If anyone wants to join, I do have a discord server for my stories as well as for anyone to talk about FanFiction stuff or anything else they might want to. You can join by using the invite: zwJu3MZ to join the server.

Nothing else to add here, so see you next chapter.

19