Getting a Checkup
1.2k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone. Time for the next chapter. Not too much to say here, just hope everyone is liking the story so far for the most part.

Disclaimer: I do not own High School DxD or the plot for the story. Plot came originally from FunahoMisaki, and also contains parts from version of the story. Written with permission from both.

Now onto the story.

 

The next day at school, Issei was pulled into a conversation with his two friends from the Kendo Club, Katase Yui, and Muramaya Kaori. "Hey Issei, I heard you finally went on a date with Sona last night." Muramaya called out to him. "It's about time you two got together." She said, making him facepalm and blush.

"Yeah, we went and saw the new Pokémon movie. Had a weird thing happen though since I showed up early, as I had a couple girls flirting with me while I was waiting on Sona to show up."

Looking at each other, both Muramaya and Katase looked happy which surprised Issei till they spoke up. "It's about time." Katase said before catching Issei's confused look. "We were getting annoyed with all the bad rumors about you so we, the Kendo Club, started rumors of our own about how nice and approachable you are, and they, the people who started the rumors, were probably mad you were going after Sona, not them, even with your illness, which we didn't tell anyone about you know what," she added seeing the look on his face knowing he didn't like talking about it too much, making him sigh at them both.

"while I thank you for doing that you know you didn't have to, though it does seem to have worked seeing all the looks we're getting right now." he said having noticed the stares they were getting as the three were talking.

"Oh, I know but the three of us know you only have eyes out for Kaichou right now." Muramaya said, looking like she wanted to say more but didn't, something that Issei caught onto but decided not to dive into at the moment.

What Muramaya hadn't told anyone, not even her best friend Katase, was that she had started falling for Issei as they got to know him better, but knew that him and Sona were starting to get close, so decided to step back from it and wish the two the best. But what she didn't know was that Issei had always thought she was cute too, both of them, and didn't know what to think at the moment after the conversation he and Sona had last night.

=====Flashback to Last Night=====

As they were Leaving the restaurant, Sona mentioned something that had been on her mind all night. "Hey Issei, do you have time to come in for a few minutes when we get to my house," she asked, getting a nod from him, as he reached over and held her hand.

As they got to her house, a little two-bedroom apartment near the school that even though was plain and simple, seemed to be a good fit for Sona. As they walked into the house, they headed on into the living room to chat, after confirming that he didn't need anything to drink, she got right into her point. "So, while I'm not too sure how relevant this will be I figured I should bring this up now, especially after tonight's event with the girls," she started off getting a confused nod from him. "As we now know your heritage, and with who your parents are, you should be getting your own evil pieces set soon as you were born a high-class devil. Now, peerages can come in many forms as you've heard me mention in the past, from close friends to family members to what I wanted to bring up tonight; harems," making him blush and start stuttering at her, surprised at what she was saying.

Finally getting some words out, he only had one thing to say. "You do realize Sona that if I had to choose between you and that I will always choose you right?" He had to make sure she knew that as she nodded. "I'll admit that thought had crossed my mind but not in a while since my powers started causing more issues."

Nodding her head, Sona put his fears to rest with her next words. "I know that, and I'm not forcing you to choose between me and a harem. I'm letting you know now that if it comes to the point that that is a real possibility, I want you to know that you have my support, but under a few conditions." She said, getting a nod from him.

"Conditions being, I maintain head wife status. It's not uncommon for devils to have multiple wives, or even women having multiple husbands, which is even rarer, with one maybe two taking the role as head wife to help manage everyone and what happens." Getting a thoughtful nod from him. "Another one would be no airheads, and has to be someone that we both get along with. Then, last one, you have to take care of each of us the same and not only love one person," she finished thinking about it again and wondering what might come of it.

"You really have thought this through, and thank you for letting me know but I don't know how relevant it will be for now." He said glad to have her in his life.

Shaking her head at how dense he was, Sona said, "I've been thinking about it since before I came to Kuoh, so yeah I know what I'm talking about here." While thinking. 'I know a few people that have fallen for him and that I wouldn't mind sharing with Issei.'

"Well like I said, thank you for the heads up and I will try to keep it in mind." He said giving her a kiss before he got ready to head on home since they had school the next day.

=====Flashback End=====

He still couldn't get it out of his head what Sona had let him know about and also had a feeling in the back of his mind that she had a few candidates already in mind but wasn't sure who they might be. While he wouldn't mind seeing what might happen if he did try and date the two Kendoka, he couldn't help but worry what else might happen since they didn't know about the supernatural at all yet and if they got roped into it if their lives would be in danger. He also had his health to think about and what might happen but now that they knew his real parents, they might be able to figure something out to help him.

He didn't know that his concerns would be gone soon as trouble was just around the corner.

(Scene Skip)

As he headed towards the Student Council office at lunch time, Issei realized he had a huge following of girls. As he turned around to try and get a count of how many and see what he might could do in this situation, he had to comment dryly to DDraig, to his amusement. 'DDraig, remind me to tell Katase and Muramaya that their plan worked too well.'

"[Well some of that might be due to me too seeing as you can be considered part dragon due to being my host and with dragons having a lot of charisma, you'll draw people to you from now on]" DDraig said laughing at his host's latest predicament.

'Not helping here,' Issei said back grumbling at the dragon. Right as he was about to speak up, someone he knew came out of the crowd of girls. Koneko walked right up to Issei and surprised all the girls as she grabbed his hand and started pulling him down the hall until her words made them realize the two weren't dating.

"Come on big brother. Don't want to leave Big sister hanging do you?" She asked Issei, making him surprised how she was calling Sona after what happened the night before.

"You're calling her big sis now? Last night you were threatening to flatten her," was Issei's comment as he got pulled along not trying to pull away.

Smirking as she knew what kind of reaction she would get with her answer, Koneko responded, "Sure but that was before you proposed to her." Smirking as the girls that had been following Issei stopped mid-step and yelled 'What!' out right as they got near the Student Council room.

Hearing the commotion outside the room, Sona slammed the door open to see her fiancée, Koneko, and a large group of girls standing nearby with shocked looks on their faces. "What in the world is going on here?" She asked only having heard the yell from the girls. Surprise came to her though with Koneko's next words.

"They just learned that big brother here is no longer up for grabs." Koneko said, smirking at the girls' expense.

Sona, like Issei, was wondering why and when Koneko had started calling her big sis, especially after what had happened last night at the diner, when one of the other girls came up to her crying.

"Kaichou! Do you know who Issei proposed to? Hopefully, it's not some big chested woman?" She said making Sona unconsciously look down at her own chest, something which Issei knew she was self-conscious about, especially when one of her friends was Rias Gremory who had a big chest.

"I don't know about impossible." Sona replied back, looking both amused and annoyed, trying not to sound too hurt or anything but was pleased when Issei stepped in and said something.

"Don't worry Sona, no one can take you away from me." He said as he put an arm around her shoulder, making all the girls look at him surprised before they saw the ring on Sona's finger.

"He's right you know. He's loyal to you and won't betray you unless betrayed first." Koneko backed him up having learned more about him since he saved her.

"Exactly." He said before looking over at Koneko. "You want to eat with us today Koneko?" He asked with Sona nodding her head saying she was fine with it.

"Sure. Rias Buchou got some bad news earlier so isn't in a very good mood right now. Plus I'd love to see the ring he gave you." She said, getting Sona to turn her ring for Koneko to see it better. "You've got great taste in rings Issei," she said figuring that he had probably made it himself instead of buying one, as the three of them headed off to the roof ignoring the girls behind them as they fell to the ground finally out of there stupor of surprise and yelled 'SONA-KAICHOU IS ENGAGED TO ISSEI!'

(Scene skip)

"Hello son." Grayfia said, as she stepped out of a teleportation circle on the roof of the school, which thankfully was empty except for the three devils and her, and scared the crap out of them before giving him a hug as he ran up to hug her.

After hugging her son, she turned towards Koneko and her words made the girl happy. "You're both a part of my sister-in-law's peerage, and seen as a little sister to Issei, so feel free to call me mom or however you would like to say it," she said before giving her a hug.

Turning next to Sona, she repeated the process. "As you're engaged to my son, you can do the same and call me mom or however you want to say it, and let me say I approve wholeheartedly your engagement." Making Sona blush but happy that Grayfia, someone who she had always respected felt the way she did.

After thinking about it for a few seconds on how she wanted to call Grayfia, Koneko brought up her thoughts on why she was meeting with them. "I doubt that was the only reason you came to find us momma," she said, getting a nod from her.

"You're right my daughter. I came to get Issei to take him to Ajuka for a checkup on his powers as well as to possibly see if he can figure out how Issei has a Sacred Gear, as well and to get his evil pieces started since he's a high-class devil." Making the three nod as it made sense now why she had come, but Issei still had one more question.

"Who's Ajuka?" He asked not yet having heard the name in his talks with Sona.

"He's one of the four Maou's in charge of devil society, along with your father and my sister. As he's a genius, he's in charge of the technology department." Sona said giving him the needed information for why they would be going to see him.

Nodding his head, he only had one thing left to say that might change what was happening. "We only have thirty minutes mama," getting a nod from her.

"That's fine, as the evil pieces won't be ready till later today and the checkup shouldn't take too long. The two of you can also join us if you want," Grayfia said, turning to Koneko and Sona who nodded their heads in agreement.

As she was making the teleportation circle she had one last thing to comment. "We'll be jumping straight to his office as he can get lost in his work, and it won't be an issue since I set this up earlier to make sure he'd be there." She said making a teleportation circle appear underneath everyone. Reaching their destination, she called out to Ajuka while walking inside of a door nearby, as Issei and Koneko looked around, never having been here before. "Ajuka sir, are you here?"

Walking around a corner as they came into the room, Ajuka was caught by surprise as he felt the power radiating off of Issei. "Yes, yes I'm here Grayfia. Now I wonder what's so important that- oh I see. With the power's I can feel coming off the boy and how they normally don't interact I can understand why you would bring him for a checkup and get his evil pieces. I'm sure the powers are interacting negatively inside him," He said as his shock wore off. "Come in come in let's get this underway shall we?" He said smiling as he waved the group farther into the office.

Seeing how Issei was looking wary at what had happened so far, Sona stepped in and commented. "Even though he may act serious and tough at times, he's a calm and collected guy mostly who loves to tinker and build things." She said as she reached for his hand, calming him.

"Also, he's an older brother himself, which due to it being rare within the devil community to have siblings… you'll tend to see the ones that have younger siblings be protective of young devils," she also added in making Issei smile.

"It's the job of older siblings to protect the younger ones," Issei said.

"I can't wait till Friday when we can get you to the Gremory mansion to meet your little brother. He's been dying to meet you ever since we mentioned we had found you. Just please don't be like your father or Serafall." Grayfia commented, both making Issei laugh and causing Ajuka's eyes to go wide as what Grayfia said registered.

"Wait, this guy here is Takumi? You mean you finally found him?" He said surprised as he hadn't heard the news yet.

Grayfia then started explaining how they had found him. "He goes to the same school as Sona, and they had by chance played a game of chess last year with him beating her," causing Ajuka to widen his eyes again as he knew exactly what that meant, "and they started getting close. As you probably surmised, his powers were working against each other hurting him, and a couple days ago Sona asked Peko to come get me to see about helping somehow keep his ice magic in check, not expecting that he was our long-lost son." She said, getting a thoughtful nod from Ajuka. "We're hoping that with the checkup you can find out possibly how the stray hid him from us, how he got himself a draconic Sacred Gear, and a way to stop his magic from killing him." Getting another nod.

"Even though both him and your father are rivals, they have each other's backs. If you want to hurt one you'll have to go through the other." Sona said, getting a laugh from Ajuka.

"Sure, but don't forget we're the same way when it comes to you," he said, having a bit of fun at Sona's expense, making her blush as she knew it was true.

Deciding to get to why they were here, Ajuka commented right as a magical circle showed up under Issei, which startled him till Sona squeezed his hand calming him down. "How about we get down to why we're here Takumi. Just stand still and it won't take but a minute." Getting a nod from him.

"He's always gone by Issei Ajuka sir, so we decided to keep that name instead of going through the hassle of changing everything over. It's now his middle name." Grayfia corrected him, making him nod his head even as he commented.

"We've known each other long enough you don't need to worry about saying sir when off duty." He said getting an eye-roll from Grayfia as well as a confused look from Issei.

Seeing his confused look, Sona mentioned that even though his mother was the strongest queen, she was still the head maid for the Gremory family, which earned another confused look at his mother this time. "It keeps me busy." Grayfia commented making him nod his head in acceptance as he understood what she was talking about.

As the magical circle finished its work, Ajuka moved onto the next thing needing to be done. "While your evil pieces start getting made, how about we get the next steps out of the way with some questions nephew." He said, getting a confused nod from Issei.

Seeing the confused look, Sona commented about why Ajuka called him his nephew. "The 4 Maou see each other as their own family, hence him calling you his nephew as he sees your father as a brother and vice versa," getting a nod of understanding from Issei.

"Sure, what do you need answered, uncle," he replied back, not seeing anything wrong with what he had learned today, and earning a smile from Ajuka.

"Just a couple questions that will help with the process. Just answer with what first comes to mind," he said getting a nod back. "First question. What's your element?"

"Ice and dragon fire."

"Favorite color?"

After looking at Sona, Issei commented, "violet and gold." Earning a blush from Sona as she leaned into him letting him rest his head on her shoulder. She had a feeling that it wasn't just a coincidence his favorite colors were the same as her eye colors.

"Symbol?" Ajuka asked smirking internally as he caught the small byplay between the two, happy that Sona had found someone that she could get flustered around and act more like someone her age, though he knew not to bring it up as he wasn't sure even he was able to get around her eye magic.

"Rose with scale petals," Issei commented slowly falling asleep as he leaned against Sona happily as she began carding her hand through his hair making him relax. He'd been trying not to doze off all day due to classes, but loved the feeling he was experiencing and didn't try to fight it.

"How would you see your peerage?" Making Grayfia, Sona and Koneko perk up at the question curious how he would answer this question.

"As my family, like siblings. People to protect." Making the three girls happy at his thoughts on the matter.

"Last two questions. What would you do to protect your family?" Ajuka asked happy with how things had gone so far.

"Anything." Issei replied almost asleep at this point.

"Final question. What's your thoughts on Serafall leviathan?" He said smirking in his mind as he used this as a trick question to throw new kings off balance, and he would normally get two types of replies, one of awestruck wonder and lustful thoughts, which the second one caused Ajuka to flare his power out at them, but Issei's answer, nobody was sure if it would've been different if he wasn't almost asleep had him laughing, Koneko and Sona smiling trying not to laugh and Grayfia rolling her eyes.

"Serafall? Forgive my words, but I think she’s batshit crazy."

Serafall would both never hear the end of this and pout when she heard what had happened that day.

 

A/N: and that's the end of this chapter. Got a couple points to get out of the way.

Just a heads up, for those that don't like the Rias bashing, and those that do, that will be ending in a couple chapters though we will see it brought up again next chapter.

The part about a harem I hope to have in this story, even if its a small one, but I'm still working on figuring out how I'm going to do it.

I have a few ideas for his harem, just got to decide who and how many I might add if I do go that route and how to do it like I said.

Feel free to join my discord server if you want. Use the code zwJu3MZ to get in.

Until next time. Next chapter will have a turn in the action in it.

19