Meeting With the Kendo Girls
1.3k 9 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Welcome to the next chapter though this could be more considered a side chapter, as it's where the Student Council and Issei meet up with the Kendo girls to let them know what they had seen last chapter. Not much to add here at the beginning this time but do check in at the bottom for the current official list of Issei's peerage.

 

After Sona had gotten to school, she had called her whole peerage for an emergency meeting to get them caught up on what had happened the day before when she and Koneko had rushed off, now that she knew what it was about. To say they were shocked would be an understatement, as everyone there had grown close to Issei over the past year and didn't like what they had heard.

What none of them knew at the time due to Issei having forgot to bring it up due to what had happened that morning, was Rias's involvement in the situation and would have made it worse.

Tsubaki, her mind working through all she had learned, asked what the next plan was and how to deal with the fallen angels. "What's the plan now Kaichou? Are we going to go after the fallen or has that not been decided." Getting a nod from the rest of the peerage.

Sona sighed, wondering that herself but she knew she needed to give orders for now concerning the issue. "For now, we do nothing about them. I need to contact my sister and see what options we have before we do something rash and possibly make the situation even worse than it is now, even with the fact that they attacked first." She said getting a nod from everyone. "For now, I want everyone on alert at all times and contact me the instant anything happens, I don't care how small. But if you get attacked first, then you are authorized to defend yourself." Getting another nod.

Tsubaki, approving of the plan had one more question to ask before school started. "Understood, Kaichou. What's the plan for dealing with the Kendo girls," having heard about how they had stumbled into the situation last night and wasn't sure how Sona wanted to deal with them.

Nodding her head at the question, Sona said, "I'll be telling them everything here in the Council room after school, as I'm sure if Issei had the option to he would anyways, and I trust them, especially after seeing how much they care about him," getting a nod of acceptance.

"Momo, Reya, can you grab the two for me after school? I'll message them letting them know to expect you and bring them here. I'll be grabbing Issei and having him be here too as he said he wanted to be, but I want every one of you here too." She said, getting a nod from everyone showing that they would be here. "Final thing before I'm done for now, we need to make sure and fill out the forms giving him the week off due to the attack, and I'll be doing that in a minute." Making everyone nod their head at her words. "You're dismissed. See everyone later."

(Scene Skip)

Kaori and Yui had gone through the day wondering what would happen when Sona talked to them while also not being sure what to expect after what they saw the day before. They had received the message from Sona alerting them to Momo and Reya picking them up after school, and had also let them know that she had alerted the Kendo club they wouldn't be there today, so they weren't surprised when the two came up and had them follow.

What they weren't expecting to see, if they were being honest was Issei there also, and that Sona was looking absolutely pissed, but was doing her best to hide it. What no one besides Issei and Sona knew was that right before they had come to the meeting, he had told her about what Rias had done when she picked up his two friends, and suffice it to say she was furious and so were his father and her sister after she called them about it but he had managed to keep them from doing anything for now but barely.

"Hey girls." He said standing up from the couch he was sitting on when they entered, causing them to run up and tackle him into a hug, grateful to see that he was alive and almost knocking him to the ground. "I'm sorry to have worried you two yesterday. I wasn't expecting that to happen at all. But I'm sure you have a lot of questions, so we'll do our best to answer them." He said pointing to himself and Sona and making the two nod. Coincidentally, Koneko hadn't been able to join them due to having to go to the ORC and deal with stuff there.

After having everyone sit down, Sona behind her desk and everyone else finding seats, Sona took the reins to get the ball rolling. "As I said yesterday, I would explain what you saw and answer any questions today so here we are. My question though is, where do you want us to start." She said getting a nod from the two at the perfectly valid question in their minds.

After looking at each other for a second, Kaori spoke up. They had talked it over before coming here about who would mostly be asking questions, but had decided to just play it by ear and if needed Kaori would take over from them. "If you don't mind, I'd like to get out of the way now how we came across the incident last night, as I would be surprised if you didn't wonder that, I know I would." she said getting a nod from Sona to continue, as it was something she had been wondering in the back of her mind, as Tsubaki brought everyone tea.

It had just been what some people would call; "at the wrong place at the wrong time," though in this situation it hadn't ended badly for them, just awkwardly. The two of them had been on their way home, due to Kendo practice being canceled early from the power starting to flicker wildly and the building itself shaking with no one being able to figure out the reason to so the instructor told everyone to head home to be on the safe side, and while they were passing near the park when they had seen Sona and Koneko surrounding someone on the ground with an older guy standing above them that they didn't recognize. After making the decision to run over to see what was going on and possibly offer help, they got to the group right as Issei's power had knocked over Ajuka, without hurting anyone else in the group.

Nodding her head Sona had one comment. "Thank you for letting us know as that had been a question on my mind but as hectic as yesterday was for us is why I requested to leave it till today to answer any questions. So back to my original question, do you have any or should I go ahead and dive into what happened, but it will require some information given to understand exactly what happened.

Looking at each other again, both girls nodded and said they would like to dive into what happened the day before.

Nodding once again, Sona dived into giving information, having talked it over with Issei that she should do it for the most part since he had only recently gotten back into the supernatural world. Even though he knew a lot from his time with Griselda and Sona, not all of it was up to date.

"Due to your question yesterday, I would assume you know something about the supernatural but if you don't mind, let me just go over most of it for now, and go from there," getting a nod. "You asked me yesterday if magic was real, and like I said it is," she said before calling up a magic circle and pulling out a globe of water just as a demonstration, making the two girls faces turn shocked. "Most of the mythologies out there you probly have heard about are all real but for the point of this chat there are only three you need to know and learn about." Getting a nod.

"From the Christian religion, you have three major factions; devils, angels, and fallen angels. Devils and angels are pretty self-explanatory I would think," once more getting a nod, "but fallen are angels that have fallen from grace and aren't allowed in Heaven anymore. The three factions have been at war for over a thousand years but recently been under a détente and for the most part hostilities have ceased. Now it might seem weird that I'm mentioning this, but it leads to where I'm going with all this." She said as she braced for anything to happen.

"Why I mentioned all that for is to say that none of us here, besides the two of you are human." She said as everyone in the room unfurled their devil wings, surprising the crap out of the two Kendo girls, but both Sona and Issei noticed they didn't seem too worried about it. "If you can't tell by our wings, understandable either way, we are all devils, but only me and Issei are pure-blooded devils. I will get back to that after Issei gets more into his history now that we know more." She said getting a nod from Issei as he took over the reins.

"Like Sona said, we've learned my backstory earlier this week thanks to Sona asking for some help due to my illness from who we now know is my birth mother." He said getting a shocked look from the two as they had heard about his past and how he was adopted.

"As you know my illness was killing me, but what we hadn't known at the time but Sona has guessed was happening until recently was that my magic was the cause of it," which at this time he created a rose out of ice, and brought out his Boosted Gear, and explained the basics of it for the girls. "This on my arm is what's known as a Sacred Gear. It was created by God to help humans fight against the supernatural, but we will come back to it in a minute," he said before putting it up and getting a nod from the two.

"Sona had had the thought back not long after we first met that I might have devil heritage due to my ice magic but she didn't look into it more until a couple days ago when one of her sister's teammates for want of a better word for now, came to check on her and she requested her to get my mother, not knowing that she was my mother, until both her and my father showed up and recognized me. Turns out I'm the oldest son of one of the current leaders of the devil faction and had been kidnapped from my parent's house when I was only a baby and the stray that did it somehow changed my genetics enough to where I could get a Sacred Gear as its extremely rare for a full devil to get one." He said before seeing that the girls were still in shock.

"Do you want me to stop for a minute and let you process what's been said so far?" He asked kindly not wanting to push too much information on them at once, and they nodded.

Kaori though had a question. "You said that you and Issei were full devils, Kaichou, but what does that mean for the rest of the Council, and from what happened yesterday, I would assume Koneko is too a devil." She said getting a nod from the two.

Sona took over the reins for the time being. "Yes. Both of us were born into a devil family, and are known as High-Class devils. Both those that are born into high-class families and those that have risen up in ranks to high-class devils are given what are known as Evil Pieces," she said as she pulled out a pawn piece, "which we can use to reincarnate humans into devils as our servants," she said and stepped in again before either girl could say anything about the last point.

"No, it's not as bad as that might sound. In a properly run peerage, the King and their pieces work together as a family, but there are peerages out there that are run poorly. Everyone in the Student Council is in my peerage, while Koneko is in Rias Gremory's, who is also another high-class devil, peerage, and the ORC is her peerage, and Issei is currently the only one in his."

This time Yui spoke up. "Peerages? And from what you had in your hand earlier, I'm guessing there is a chess theme to all of this?" Deciding to skip over the whole Rias deal for now.

Nodding her head, Sona continued. "Yes. Peerages are the groups that high-class devil's control, with the high-class as its king and they use the chess pieces to reincarnate someone into their group and they work together like I said. Depending on what piece you have gives you different perks that can be used in a fight." Getting a thoughtful nod from the two.

"You also mentioned Sacred Gears. Can we get a little more information on them. I noticed you said Issei has one." Kaori said.

"Sacred Gears were created by God," Sona started having to pause due to the headache, "to help humans like you protect themselves against the supernatural as you heard. There are many different levels of gears that can do many different things, from ones that can summon all kinds of swords all the way up to the one like what Issei has which has the soul of a dragon inside of it, and allows him to control fire."

After that got explained, Sona dived into what happened last night. "I would like to keep going into this, but I feel like we should go ahead and explain what happened last night, and here me and Issei will split up from up to where he remembers to where we came in." She said before handing the reins once more over to Issei.

"I'm sure you noticed that I was missing from classes yesterday afternoon," getting another nod. "We had gone to the underworld, where devils live, to get me a checkup to see what could be figured out about my 'illness', which what we've figured out is my powers, the ice magic and the Sacred Gear I showed you, which allows to me to control fire by the way, were fighting each other in my body for control." Shocking the two. "As well as get my evil pieces started being made as since I just recently found out I was born a high-class devil, all I had to do to get them was go in and they would start the process. After we got the checkup done, Sona gave me the rest of the day off and after school, Matsuda and Motohoma came by to hang out and we went out to a park and got attacked by a fallen angel."

At this point, Sona stepped in due to how touchy this part could get. "What happened next we can't explain a lot about due to complications and until we see what you want to do after we explain everything, but we will get back to that part." Getting a confused nod from the two.

"Suffice it to say the other two were grabbed by another person who left Issei out there dying by himself, and only I would say chance is how I found him. I was working on paperwork here in the office when I felt like I had been struck by something and which turned out to be I somehow felt the strike that killed Issei, and only realized it after I heard his voice in my head calling out to me. My magic power then somehow activated and pulled me and Koneko to his location, she had heard the same thing in her mind too, where we found him dying and tried everything we could to revive him, including reincarnating him into my peerage but I didn't have powerful enough pieces."

Seeing their confused looks, she gave more information. "Depending on how powerful someone is or how powerful their Sacred Gear is, would depend on how many pieces they would take to be reincarnated and the only ones I had at the time weren't powerful enough due to his heritage and DDraig. Right at this time, the man you saw with us, He's one of the leaders of the devils and head of technology department, and is also the creator of the evil pieces, showed up with Issei's finished King piece and with it and my pieces we were able to revive him, which is when you two showed up and saw what happened. From what Ajuka said what you saw, the cold and hot powers and wings were his magic inside him starting to work together instead of killing him."

Seeing the stunned looks on their faces, she finished off there. "I'm sure I just gave you a massive amount to think about, but we do have one more thing to offer, but I'll let Issei take over once again." She said before he stepped up.

"I hope with everything you just heard here, you won't think any different of us or become afraid. We aren't here to hurt you or anything of the sort we still want to be friends with you two, but I want to extend you a couple offers." Getting a nod.

"One, join us, join my peerage and help protect the world where you can, and that mainly just extends to Kuoh, but still. This has many benefits and a couple drawbacks to it. 2, I'll be going to meet my younger brother in the underworld over the spring break and I'm offering you the chance to come with us even if you don't take the first choice, this might help you make a decision, but it's up to you. 3, if you want to forget everything you learned here, not our friendship or anything like that, but just about the supernatural, we can remove your memories of this and we can continue to live the lives we were but I wouldn't mind you keeping your memories of what we are so I don't have to keep as many secrets from you. 4, keep your memories but don't join a peerage."

Surprised at what was being offered as well as what they had learned today, the supernatural being real, Sona, Issei and the Student Council, some of their best friends not being human, was a lot to take in but they knew deep down that they could trust these people, and after looking at each other they nodded their heads.

"Personally, I wouldn't mind going with you to meet your real family Issei and would love to hear more about what might happen if I was to join you." Kaori said. "I just would need to clear it with my parents, but I don't think they would mind."

"I'm in agreement with Kaori and would love to go with you to meet your birth parents." Yui agreed with Kaori.

Happy that they had agreed to it, Issei decided to go ahead and explain what pieces both he and Sona thought the two girls would best fit into as well as some of the perks of what came with being a devil, hoping that they would join him.

"Devils have, compared to humans, better strength and resilience, as well as a much longer lifespan, upwards of thousands of years if some are to be believed. Depending on what piece your piece your reincarnated as would depend on how and what stats are boosted." He continued, getting a thoughtful nod from them. Holding up a Pawn piece, he continued. "The Pawns could be considered an all-rounder type and is the basic unit of measurement for a reincarnated devil's power, but don't be fooled by it as a Pawn can be useful in any properly run peerage. They have the power of promotion, which allows them to promote to any other piece, like Knight or Queen, except King and use their abilities."

Next he pulled out a Knight piece. "The knight is what I would think fits the two of you the best," he said. "They have exceptional speed, precision, and reflexes but little defense, which normally leads to weapon users and they have to keep that in mind while in battle." Making them look thoughtful at what he had said but couldn't find anything to fault him in thinking that would work for both of them.

Pulling out a Bishop piece he continued his lessons. "Bishops are baseline magic users that are specialists at spellcasting but also have low defense, though anyone can learn magic and use it." Next he pulled out a Rook. "Rooks, if you go off of today's games would be considered tanks. They have exceptional strength and stamina, but low mobility." He then pulled out the last piece, the Queen.

"Whoever is the Queen in a peerage is normally the second in command and takes over if something has happened to the King or the King isn't available, though this can depend on the peerage. They are also the most balanced piece having the advantages of the Knight, Bishop and Rook pieces without the drawback." He said finished going over all the pieces, as he looked over to Sona to see if he missed something.

Taking over the reins once more, Sona continued. "Trust me when I say this but that's what could be considered a crash course on the supernatural world, and if you do decide to join Issei's peerage, decide to keep the knowledge of the supernatural but not join a peerage or ask for your memories of this to be removed, like Issei said whatever you choose it won't change our thoughts on the two of you as you have proven yourself in my eyes and become great friends with everyone here." She finished getting a smile from the two as they thanked her.

"Well unless anyone else has anything else to bring up I think we should call it a day here as we have given you a lot to think over." Getting a nod from everyone at the idea. "Just remember that you can't talk to anyone about this except for those here and the ones in the ORC, but feel free to let us know about any questions and about if your parents are fine with you going with us to see Issei's parents." Getting another nod from the two as everyone left, but Sona called for Issei to stay back for a minute. "Issei, hold up a second." Getting a nod.

After everyone left, Sona stepped over to him and gave him a hug. "That went well don't you think?" Getting a nod from him

"Yeah I thought that they took things very well all things considered, and I hope that they take us up on my offer but I'm not gonna hold my breath on the small chance that they decide not to." He said, getting a nod of agreement from her as she wasn't too sure what the two might choose.

"Better make sure and let your parents know that they might have more guests than planned next week on the chance that they get the go ahead to come." She mentioned, getting a nod from him at the suggestion, as they left the office to head home hand in hand.

 

 Well there's the end of the chapter. Probly not the greatest but it got what I wanted out here for the chapter. Couple things:

It had been suggested, and much as I wanted to, I couldn't figure out a way to do the first meeting with Issei and Millicas so I decided just to not do it and maybe try to do it at a later date as possibly a side chapter.

And as promised, I will be putting Issei's peerage here and a little bit of explanation for a couple that I feel like need one.

Issei's peerage: remember all his pieces are Mutation pieces

King: Issei.

Queen: Sona: I feel like it could work well with the two of them being engaged, and with their unique status with him in her peerage it wouldn't be too much a stretch for her to join him.

Bishop: Asia Argento: Twilight Healing. We'll see her coming up in a few chapters.

Bishop: Linze Silhoueska (Isekai smartphone): this information will fit both Linze and Elze into it. If you haven't seen or read any of the Isekai smartphone stuff I would highly recommend it. Great story line and adventures, especially the light novels. Linze is a magic user and in smartphone has powers over light, fire, and water magic. Also very timid and reminds me of Asia so something I can work with. Elze is her twin sister and more of a brawler type and can be protective of her sister but also very strong. Could use only null magic in the series but I'll figure something out there. They'll be brought into the story soon.

rook: Koneko. All I'll say for now is she'll be traded over to Issei soon.

rook: Elze Silhoueska (Isekai Smartphone)

knight: Murayama: Blade Blacksmith.

knight: Katase: Momentum Pillage: A Sacred Gear that came from another writer over on FF; Arumage and is used with permission.

pawn: Bova x2

kiryuu x1 (maybe)

ingvild leviathan (maybe) x4

Fallen Angel (Doubtful but small maybe) x1

Pawn x1 possibly Ravel but I would have to figure out how I would do that.

If anyone has a good suggestion on any Pawns for Issei, let me know and I'll look into them. The only one that is set in stone Pawn wise right now is Bova.

That's all I have for now, hope your still enjoying the story and please leave a review if you want.

Next chapter will be where Rias's punishment(s) is decided.

16