Meeting the Grandparents
1.6k 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome to the next chapter. For those that don't like the bashing of Rias and her peerage, that will be ending with this chapter. This chapter will be mainly dealing with Issei meeting his grandparents and dealing out what will happen to Rias after leaving her nephew to die. Couple things to add.

This story is based off of FunahoMisaki's story Different Dxd and will be using some of The Ravenwolves own version of the story mixed in with my writing. I have gotten both of their permission before I started writing this.

Disclaimer: I do not own High School DxD. I don't own any of these characters or the story plot, look at the point above this one.

Now time to get to the story.

 

Gremory Mansion:

As she sat in her father's study, Rias didn't know what to expect. She had been called to appear at her parent's mansion with the rest of her peerage, and had shown up to see that Sona had been called on too, as well as Serafall and her Queen Mukuru and Knight Peko, and Grayfia in the back with Millicas and 3 cloaked figures. Koneko had also moved to stand in the back with Grayfia with her permission. Now waiting on her brother to appear as he had to answer a call, she couldn't keep a feeling of dread from popping up in her stomach.

Flashback: during the two weeks before the meeting.

(A/N: this flashback will skip around some as it handles different things going on that happened before this fated meeting)

Sirzechs POV

Walking into his parent's house, Sirzechs was furious. Both he and Serafall had recently gotten more information from Sona about when Issei had died and had immediately started making plans to deal with his sister but Issei had managed to talk them down for the time being by saying they should push that off until the planned meeting with Lord and Lady Gremory, Sirzechs and Rias's parents, to let them know that their lost grandson had been found, and figuring out punishments then, and they had reluctantly agreed seeing the reason as sound for waiting.

While the meeting had already been planned out, it wasn't required that Rias be there originally, with the latest problems he was on his way to get the plans changed with his mother.

After walking in and finding a maid, he requested her to find his mother and let her know he was here for an important issue and went to one of the sitting rooms to wait for her to arrive as the maid left.

As his mother walked into the room, she could tell that something had him pissed off but that he was trying to hold it in for now. Sitting down across from him, she started the meeting off. "Hello son. If you don't mind me asking what's got you in such a mood that I can sense it easily." Surprised at what she could sense coming off of him, and that she could tell something was wrong. She hadn't felt him be this pissed off in recent memory so she was a little concerned.

Knowing what she was talking about, he tried to rein in his feelings and got to what he came here to do. "We have a problem. Something came up that I needed to make changes to who all I need here for the meeting we'll be having as soon as father comes home." He said getting a confused nod from her to continue.

"I can't say exactly what's happened due to a promise to hold off on it until the meeting, but I do need to like I said change who I need here. I need Sona and peerage, Rias and peerage, me, Grayfia, Millicas, one, possibly three guests, and Serafall plus whoever she wants to bring from her peerage."

Thinking about it for a moment, Venelama couldn't think of any reason not to agree to who he had said needed to be at the meeting but was curious about the two new guests. "As far as I'm concerned that should be fine but if I may inquire, who are these two new guests you have that you want to come with you." She asked more out of curiosity than denying them coming, as originally it was just one guest coming along with Sona and possibly her Queen, as well as Serafall. She didn't ask about the first guest as they had already gone over that when the meeting first came up.

"Friends of Sona's that have recently learned about the supernatural and indirectly are involved in the situation that just popped up." He said keeping most of the things to himself as promised so that it didn't slip out what happened to anyone who didn't know already, as he knew his parents would be thrilled to hear Takumi had been found but not what else happened.

He had heard that the two Kendo girls would possibly be coming with Issei and Sona when he came to meet his younger brother and both Grayfia and Sirzechs happily gave approval for them to come, and he had also mentioned how they had learned about the supernatural and offered them a spot in his peerage but wasn't sure if they would take the offer yet.

Nodding her head as she thought about it, she commented. "I don't see anything wrong and I doubt Zeoticus will, so I'll let him know. Do you want me to send summons to Sona and Rias, or will you do it?" She asked getting to the next question with the change of plans.

"If you would do it I think it will be best, and just put it as a summons with the reason to be announced at the meeting." Getting a nod from her. "I'll let the guests know and like I said I'm not sure right now if the two new ones will be here or not, but I knew I should put them on the list as a precaution. But with that I need to get going. Just had to make sure to get this done as soon as I could." He said standing up to leave.

Nodding her head once again, she stood up to see him off, but had to ask one question. "I know we said we wouldn't push to hear what's going on but if I may, how bad is it that you had to come and change who you needed to be here."

Thinking about it for a second, he commented. "If I hadn't been stopped, I would be forcing the meeting to happen today if at all possible. Though as it is I've promised to wait till the arranged meeting time." He said, getting a stunned expression from Venelama as those words registered and she saw him off.

(Scene Skip)

Serafall POV

While Sirzechs was making the changes to who needed to be at the meeting, Serafall was dealing with the other issue that Sona had told them about; the fallen angels in Kuoh that had killed Issei and his friends, and contacting the Governor of the Fallen Angels, Azazel. Opening up a communications circle, she contacted Azazel directly having already setup this meeting beforehand so knew he was expecting her call.

"Good afternoon Serafall. Not very often I get a call from you." Azazel started the conversation with. Azazel had the current look of a 30-something-year-old man with black hair and yellow bangs, and what some would call a technology freak but more so for Sacred Gears which he loved to study and find everything out about them that he could. He was the first one to pull out of the war between the three factions and was known for not trying to start a fight.

"Hello Azazel. I'm sorry if you would like to chat and catch up, but I've got a situation that popped up recently involving some fallen angels and I'm honestly not in the mood for small talk right now." She said getting straight to the point. Azazel who had known her long enough to realize that she wasn't in a playful mood today nodded for her to continue.

"The other day, one of your fallen attacked a high-class devil and his two friends in Kuoh and was able to kill them due to events that transpired years ago, and pure luck. I'm sure you remember how Sirzech's oldest son was kidnapped years ago?" She asked getting a nod. "I don't know if you'll have heard yet, but he's been found recently and was attacked the other day but was able to be saved due to both my sister Sona and Ajuka getting to him in time and reviving him." She said getting a shocked look from him, from which she could almost say with certainty didn't look faked.

"I'm calling, one to get your word you didn't send them for that purpose, which I don't think you would, and two to try and keep hostilities from getting worse by keeping each other informed, and finding out what exactly you want us to do in this situation." Trying to keep things calm which was her main job as foreign liaison.

Azazel was definitely shocked to hear what had transpired and did his best to make sure Serafall knew this wasn't his doing. "I can promise you I didn't send any fallen to kill anyone, but I did send fallen to check on known Sacred Gear holders that aren't either a part of a faction or hadn't awakened them yet as we both know what could happen when one awakens." He said getting a nod back. "I'll certainly do a check on my side and see if I can find any information and keep in contact with anything I find and when or if any devils have contact with that group you have my full permission to take them out but if possible I'd like to capture one alive for interrogation, but if not that's fine too."

Nodding, she said, "I've known you long enough to know you wouldn't normally have sent someone on a mission like this, especially into another factions territory and while I don't like the thought of not knowing their were Fallen in Kuoh ahead of time, I can't deny why you would do what you did. Thanks for taking the call."

Azazel knew he had most likely dodged a bullet this time due to the fact he knew how much of a Siscon Serafall could be about her sister and was thankful it didn't end badly. He had taken a very calculated risk by not alerting the Devils to what he was doing and it could have ended in disaster. "It's no problem. I'll let my assistant know to have any calls or messages from you forwarded to me instantly if you let her know it's related to this." Getting a thankful nod back from her as she said goodbye and ended the call.

Azazel POV

After hanging up with Serafall, he called in his head secretary Penemue. "I need you to do a couple things for me asap." Getting a nod. "Contact Vali, and let him know I need to see him in my office. And I need you to dig into anything you can find about the crew we sent to Kuoh and see what might be going on with them as they defied orders and killed three Sacred Gear wielders. We need this done quietly and only you me Vali and possibly Baraqiel and Shemhazi should know about this for now. I don't want whatever is going on to get outside our knowledge." He said as she nodded and wrote down what he needed done.

As she started to step outside the office, Azazel had another thought and stopped her. "Also, let the twins know to stick around and not go out of contact at least for a while. I think they'll be a good help for this if we need to send someone there ourselves to help out." Getting a nod from her as she left.

(Scene Skip)

ORC Club room

Rias was working at her desk on paperwork with the rest of her peerage lounging around waiting for contracts, when she got a letter from her parents stating that her and her peerage were required to show up at her parent's house the Saturday after next for an official summons. No reason behind the summons, just said that the reason would be announced at the meeting, which was weird in itself but she knew it wasn't something she could ignore and might be a good time to show her new Pawns around the Underworld but she was annoyed that she had misjudged somehow what powers they had, she didn't think they'd be what she needed to deal with her situation but that was at least a small issue right now and she still had time. Sending a reply back, she warned the rest of her peerage to keep the date open as she went back to paperwork.

Student Council Office

At the same time that Rias got her letter, Sona got one herself, but she wasn't worried about it due to knowing it would be coming. Sirzechs had warned her to expect one as he was going in to change the plans with his parents and get a summons sent out to both her and Rias to keep suspicions down. She sent a reply and told her peerage, who hadn't heard the full story yet, to keep the date open, and made plans to tell them before the date.

(Scene Skip)

Muramaya POV

Walking to school the Friday after Spring Break, Kaori wasn't sure what to think about how her life had changed in just two weeks. From the incident where they learned about the supernatural, to meeting Issei's real parents, who turned out his father was the brother of Rias, surprising the Kendo girls since Rias had been causing so much issues, but it also made a small amount of sense if one thought about it that she didn't know they were related yet.

Both her and Yui had gotten permission to go with Issei and Sona to see his parents and meet his younger brother, and had a blast. His parents were easy to get along with and had made them feel at home, as well as helping answer any questions the two might have about the supernatural, and while there they had decided to go ahead and join Issei's peerage as his two Knights.

While they were in the Underworld, the two had decided to try out their new strength by going against each other and were surprised at how much stronger they felt and faster they could move than before and knew that they would have to be careful not to show too much strength doing anything with the Kendo club.

As she stepped into the school, she saw Issei having to deal with more questions due to Koneko's little prank on him and Sona, but he seemed to be dealing with it ok so her and Yui just walked up and said hey to him.

After turning around and seeing the two of them he smiled and asked if they could come by the Student Council office during lunch for a quick update on things, not going into details about what due to it being supernatural business which the girls knew they couldn't talk about in the open so they just nodded their heads.

They knew something big was going on that involved both Sona and Issei but they were being tight lipped about it and not even the rest of the Student Council knew about it from what they could tell so they weren't worried about it too much. Though it did seem like they might learn more at lunch time so the two Kendoka gave a nod of acceptance.

(Scene Skip)

Normal POV

Sona sat in the Council office waiting on everyone to get there to get them caught up on what was going to go down the next day, since only her and Issei knew the full details. As everyone got there she waved Issei over to her before she started on the meeting.

"Go ahead and start eating, I'll try and make this brief. Koneko, I'm sure you've heard about it from Rias, but there's more to it then she knows. The meeting tomorrow is to take care of a couple things; for Lord and Lady Gremory to meet their grandson," she said pointing to Issei, "and to also deal with Rias herself." Surprising everyone. Both Sona and Issei had been trying to figure out if they should tell Koneko about this early before the meeting or not, but knew they should and after checking with Serafall and Sirzechs, they were doing it now.

"What none of you know about the incident with Issei is that Rias went by there and grabbed both Matsuda and Motohoma and left Issei without doing anything with him while reviving the two, before we heard his voice in our head." She said making everyone understandably furious. "I know how that will make everyone feel, believe me, I did too once Issei told me, and I contacted my sister and Sirzechs immediately but we decided to wait until this meeting so we could get all the possible punishments out of the way at once, instead of possibly causing issues before this meeting." She paused there for a moment getting her thoughts in order.

"I knew everyone here would want to know that going in but right now our job is just to be there as support and Sirzechs has said both he and Serafall will deal with it as this could have cut connections between the two clans, but it hasn't come to that but possibly barely." She said getting nods from the group. "Koneko, I wish I didn't have to be the bearer of this for you, but I knew you would want to know about it, and as far as I'm concerned you can stand as close to me and my peerage tomorrow as you want or I'm sure Grayfia wouldn't mind you standing by her in the back from what she said the other day," getting a nod from the girl but Sona could tell she wasn't taking the news well, which was no surprise.

Turning to the Kendo girls, she kept going. "Kaori, Yui, if you want to come with us and see how this turns out we have permission to bring you with us, Sirzechs got that changed over just in case and if you do, you will be standing in the back with Grayfia, Millicas, and Issei, likely wearing a cloak to keep Rias from recognizing you, and can follow along till we announce who Issei is, but I'll be honest with everyone. I don't know how this will go down as my sister and Sirzechs haven't said anything besides they'll deal with it so expect anything."

Kaori indeed was furious but understood that there wasn't anything to be done about it right now and why they would keep it from the group until the day before the meeting. "I would love to go. I've already got my schedule cleared and checked with my parents and want to see this through myself. I've grown tired of all the rumors going around and hopefully this will quell most of them." Getting a nod from Yui.

"I'm good to go too to the meeting. Just let us know when to be here." Yui said feeling the same as Kaori. She knew there were times that stuff had to be held back and that if the knowledge had been said before now to the group it might have cause more issues than it was worth.

Nodding her head, Sona had one thing left to say. "I'm sorry to have kept this from everyone but I knew it could possibly cause issues if it was known too soon so it's why we pushed it off till now." Getting an 'its ok Kaichou.' From everyone. "You're dismissed. Be here tomorrow by 3 pm and we'll make our way to the Gremory mansion." She said as the bell rang to signal the end of lunch.

(Scene Skip)

As the group, all besides Koneko who had to show up with Rias, gathered in the Student Council room, Sona gave one last bit of information. "Remember, no one but us, Koneko, Sirzechs, Grayfia, Millicas, and Serafall know what this meeting is about, and we need to keep it that way and let my sister and Sirzechs handle it unless called upon. I don't want to do this either, but it's come to this point that something needs to be done, and so here it is." She said getting a nod from everyone as a teleportation circle popped up and Grayfia came out, surprising everyone.

"Grayfia? Welcome, but I'm surprised to see you here." Sona said surprised to see her here instead of waiting for them at the mansion.

Nodding her head at everyone, Grayfia then mentioned why she was here. "Hello Sona. I came by to grab Issei, Muramaya, and Katase and bring them separately instead of with your group." Getting a nod from Sona since they weren't going to be by her but back by Grayfia, as the three in question moved over to Grayfia's side, and the four left not long after.

Stepping into another portal with her peerage, Sona reached the Gremory mansion right about the same time as Rias and her peerage showed up. Sona hadn't had much contact with her since the incident trying to keep something from slipping out that she knew what happened and only contacted her when she needed to. "Hello Rias."

"Sona? Hey. Seems like we both got called here." Rias said surprised to see that they had also been summoned. "Any idea what this might be about?"

"Seems like it and no I don't have a clue. I just received a summons to show up here." She said keeping her face neutral for now, as both groups walked into the mansion heading towards Lord Gremory's office.

Venelama POV

While waiting on her son to come in from a phone call, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about what this meeting could be about. She hadn't seen Sirzechs that pissed off in a very long time and knew there was very few things that would do it, the biggest one being family. And as soon as one of the guests that had been mentioned came in with Grayfia, she couldn't help but feel a connection though couldn't place it and was wondering who they were as Sirzechs walked into the room.

Flashback End

Walking into the office, Sirzechs was glad to see that everyone was here that he requested be here as he walked up to his father's desk, and his next words surprised everyone in the room not in the know. "Father. Enough is enough. We have to stop spoiling Rias!" He said not quite yelling but everyone there new he was being dead serious. Rias jumped too at his words but chose to not say anything till she knew more.

"But she's the heiress and-"

"That doesn't explain why she left one of our clan to die and almost cut ties with the Sitri clan." Sirzechs cut off his father as he tried to say something causing everyone not in the know to gasp, and Rias to wonder how she almost cut ties with the Sitri's.

"Explain." Venelama spoke with a sharp edge to her voice, knowing that he wouldn't make an accusation of this type without reason. She also knew how much her husband spoiled Rias, but she needed more before she would punish her daughter.

"She went and left my oldest son to die!" Once again confusing everyone not in the know, but his parents were the most surprised out of the bunch as they realized something.

"Wait! You finally found Takumi?!" Venelama said as her eye's caught motion in the back and snapped over to Grayfia who had an arm around one of the guests, with Millicas hugging the same person. Millicas might be one thing, young as he was, but she had never seen Grayfia do that in front of them except in very rare occasions and when it concerned family, and she knew then who that one was, finally starting to figure out why her son was so pissed off when he came to change the plans for the meeting.

"Yes. From what Ajuka was able to determine, the stray that kidnapped him from us somehow changed his genetics around where he got turned into a half-human and suppressed his demonic powers. Though that change allowed him to receive a Sacred Gear and unlocked his ice magic and they started fighting each other. Not long after the stray finished whatever he did, he left him in an alleyway and was adopted by a couple in Kuoh, but now Rias's actions almost cost him his life."

At this point, Rias couldn't help but ask a question. "Who's Takumi?" She'd never heard that name before to her confusion but now that she thought more on it it did spark a small reminder in the back of her head.

"Takumi is your oldest nephew, just a few months younger than you, and was kidnapped when you were only a year old from his crib." Zeoticus spoke up to answer her question and letting everyone else know that didn't.

"Okay but how did I almost kill him and end our alliance with the Sitri's? I've never met a Takumi." She replied still not seeing how she was in the wrong here.

"You don't realize you know him due to the fact that the couple that adopted him gave him a different name. We only found out about it due to the fact that Sona thought she noticed a resemblance to Grayfia in him and asked Peko to request her help with his magic, since it was vying for control with his fire type Sacred Gear in his body and tearing it apart, not realizing the connection until we showed up."

"Ok but that still doesn't answer the question of how I almost killed him" she started saying and then winced at Matsuda's words to Motohoma standing next to him though he thought he'd said it quietly enough for only Motohoma to hear him forgetting about devil's great hearing. 'Did she forget about leaving Issei to die when she revived us?' and causing Sona's peerage to snort, as Rias turned to glare at the two.

"Who's this Issei you mentioned just now?" Venelama asked the two newest members to her daughters peerage.

"Issei's been our friend since we were in diapers pretty much but has had a massive health issue these past few years, that can cause attacks that make him cough up blood. But don't let that fool you, he'll do anything for his friends, having saved both mine and Motohoma's lives before. His health has been so bad for a while now, he coughs up blood whenever an attack hits and it's said he won't live until graduation." Matsuda said having gotten permission to bring this up from Issei before the meeting.

"He sounds like a great young man. I wouldn't mind meeting him one day." Venelama said.

"I'm surprised he's not here considering Sona revived him." Rias said taking a sip of water from a cup she had nearby, missing the smirk from Sirzechs.

"And that right there's the problem Rias. You left their friend to die and by extension, when the couple adopted Takumi, they named him Issei." He said, making his mother glare at Rias, while her father just frowned at her for now before he asked the next question on what his son had brought up.

"Ok but how did she almost cut our ties with the Sitri clan?"

At this point, Sona stepped in as it involved her directly. "Issei is my best friend and fiancée, both of which Rias has known about for a while, but she still left him to die. Yes, it's true I revived him but what would have happened if I hadn't made it in time, or my pieces hadn't worked out." She said as she stepped over to Issei figuring now was the time to reveal him, and also leaving out the fact of that it also took his King piece to revive him as she removed the cloak that had been hiding him and surprising Rias's peerage and causing her to choke on her water, while Sirzechs stepped back to put his arm around Issei, and Tsubaki had managed to get a couple pictures of Rias's shocked face since she knew what her King was doing.

Now completely understanding her son being so mad, Venelama demanded an answer to what exactly is going on, but it was Kiba who answered the question, trying to defend his King.

"He tried to claim it was an accident when he fell on her once and groped her." He said making Sona confused as she hadn't heard this story yet.

"You groped Rias?" She asked getting a shake of the head from Issei and his friends.

"That was a complete accident I swear. It was right before the rumors started and I happened to be going down some stairs when an attack hit and tripped and she was unfortunately on her way up the stairs at the time. I didn't recognize her when it happened and tried to apologize but she didn't listen and ran off." Getting a nod from Matsuda and Motohoma since they had been there and spoke up before Rias could.

"Both of us can back that up as we were with him when it happened." Matsuda said, getting Venelama to motion for him to continue talking about it. "Like he said we'd been going down some stairs talking when an attack hit him and caused him to stumble, and though we tried to catch him we missed, and he broke his wrist when he landed." He finished as Grayfia went to check his wrist, while Issei said that it had already healed just fine.

"Now that you mention it, I remember when you broke your wrist, I just never did hear what caused it and I don't know how I didn't realize at the time that you weren't fully human how fast you healed." Sona said remembering that time. Rias had

"You were more focused on keeping me alive, and getting me to agree to you reincarnating me if I died to worry about something like that." He said making her blush.

"Don't remind me about that. It took your mutated King as well as my two mutated Rooks just to revive you." Surprising everyone not in the know, except his parents, Koneko, and Sona as they had heard it from Ajuka after the incident, or been there when he was revived.

"But how can that be. The Devil King Devola said that anyone that would take more than three mutated pieces would not be able to be reincarnated." Lord Gremory stated, shocked at everything they had learned today, as well as mad at his daughter for what she had done.

"Forgive my words, but fuck Devola. If it wasn't for Sona and Ajuka I wouldn't be here right now." Issei said, having covered Millicas's ears before he spoke, causing Sirzechs to laugh and Sona to lightly hit him in the stomach with a stern look.

"But if Issei was born a full-blooded devil, how did he get a Sacred Gear?" Koneko asked a question she still wasn't entirely sure on, and her question had both Serafall and Sirzechs give each other a look before he answered.

"The Sacred Gear system is a bit buggy one could say, as stuff like this happens every now and then. Plus, whatever happened to him to hide his demonic powers might have been enough for it to register him in the Sacred Gear database as a human." He said literally coming up with it off the top of his head, but it was a reasonable theory. What he was trying to hide, as no one except the 4 Maous on the devil's side, the Seraphs, and the Cadre from the fallen angels, knew that God had died in the three-way war centuries ago. Not even Lord and Lady Gremory knew about it.

"That could explain how I was born a full-blooded devil and got my Sacred Gear." Tsubaki stepped in to point out, making everyone thoughtfully nod, and Grayfia commented something to Millicas that she had forgotten to mention to him till now.

"I forgot to mention this till now Millicas due to everything happening, but Issei has adopted Koneko as a younger sister, so that means you can consider her your older sister if you want her to be." She said, with him nodding his head rapidly yes and hugged Koneko, who gave him one back not minding having another brother figure.

"Before we move back onto the reason we're all here, if no one has any complaints, how about we let the last two 'guests' remove their cloaks and let them introduce themselves." Serafall asked getting a nod from the other adults as Issei stepped over to them and they pulled off their cloaks surprising Rias and her peerage.

"I'd like to introduce to everyone who hasn't met them my two Knights. Murayama Kaori, and Katase Yui are two good friends of mine from school that recently found out about the supernatural and I offered them the chance to join my peerage and they both agreed." As the two bowed to everyone present.

After nodding her head at the two, Serafall continued her last point. "Now, unless Rias has anything to add," she asked looking over at her, who answered, 'not at the moment,' she went onto what they were here for. "how are we going to handle this situation. Even if she hadn't realized it at the time, she almost killed her nephew, and came close to cutting ties with the Sitri's. Also, from the reports that I've been getting from Peko when she checks up on Sona, she's been spreading false rumors about him for a lot of the past year." She finished wondering what would go down, while causing Lord Gremory to close his eyes in contemplation.

Venelama though wasn't having any of that, and pulled him out of his chair by his ear. "We'll be back in a few minutes with a decision," causing both Sirzechs and Issei to wince in sympathy for him having had their ears pulled before too, though before they left the room completely, Sirzechs did mention to them what they had decided for Issei's name.

While the decision on what to do with Rias was being decided, Sona and her peerage moved over to talk to Issei, Yui, Kaori, and the rest of that group and watched as Millicas and Koneko started playing some patty cake, as Rias's peerage, besides Koneko, were quiet wondering what was going to happen to their King.

With Lord and Lady Gremory

"This is a very serious issue, honey. She needs to know this is not acceptable actions from her." Venelama said as they reached the hallway outside.

"I know and agree but I'm having a hard time figuring out a good punishment for this. The only ones I came up with before you pulled me out here are either too harsh or too light in my opinion." He replied back.

"What do you mean?"

"Well on the harsh end of things, I thought about pulling her completely out of the human realm, and making her stay in the underworld, but that could bring up arguments with the arranged marriage, and I know that even though Sirzechs is pissed off at her, rightfully I should say, he doesn't want the marriage to go through due to Riser's arrogance."

"That's true and not your fault. Riser was once a good boy but has let his power run to his head these days." She said agreeing with him so far. "What else."

"On the lighter side, I thought about pulling her governorship of Kuoh, which was supposed to go only to Sona originally," deciding not to go too far into that right now as Venelama nodded. "The only other thoughts I've had so far are removing her as heiress, and transferring it over to either Millicas or Issei, and trading Koneko from her over to Issei as it seems like she's gotten really close to him. Like I said the only issue I can see if all these ideas are either too harsh or too light." Getting another nod as she thought things over.

"I agree that they seem too light by themselves but what about merging some together. Leave her as heiress, but remove her governorship of Kuoh, trade Koneko between the two, and have her monitored anytime she's in the human world so nothing like this happens again." She said getting a thoughtful nod from him.

"What would I do without you honey." He said giving her a kiss, as they headed back into the office.

After reaching the office Lord Gremory announced the decision. "We have come up with a decision. First, I'll be going to the Devil Council and having her joint control of Kuoh removed and moved over to Sona as sole governor. Second, Koneko will be traded over to Issei due to how close the two have gotten. Third, whenever she's in the human world she'll be monitored at all times to keep something like this from happening again." Which caused Rias to look pissed but Sirzechs stepped in before she could say anything.

"Unless Koneko agrees to the trade, I would not agree to the second punishment." Causing everyone to look at the girl in question, as she thought about it.

Sure, she would love to be able to spend more time with Issei, but she didn't want her leaving to cause someone in her old peerage to get hurt or killed. "Uhm, with her being monitored will she be required to do stray devil hunts?"

As if understanding where her thoughts were going, Lord Gremory put those to rest. "You don't have to worry about that as the Council has been planning on making it where peerages with less than 6 members can't go after stray's anymore." Which made her decide to go with the trade.

"As Rias hasn't done this before either, this will be a good chance for both of you," Lord Gremory said as Issei used the method Ajuka showed him to pull out his case of evil pieces and get a Rook piece out, as a magic circle was drawn. "Place the piece that is being traded in the center of the circle and stand off to the side." He told them as they listened intently to his directions and followed them.

"Now start letting your magic flare out and extend your hand towards the center, and say the chant that I'm about to teach you to disrupt and change the link between pieces and their current King so they are now linked to you. Repeat after me." He said as he walked them through the process.

Once the process was done, Rias said she was tired and requested permission to head to her room, and getting it but chose to say one thing before she left. "Issei, I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you and hope we can work things out." Getting a nod from him as she left for her room. Serafall also left to head home with her peerage mates, happy with what had happened with the meeting, while Sona's peerage excused themselves to give Issei a chance to meet his grandparents, but Issei stopped Sona by grabbing her hand and also asked his peerage to stay so his new Knights could also meet his grandparents.

Scene Skip

Grigori HQ

Azazel was going over the notes from what they had learned about the team he sent to Kuoh and it wasn't good. From what they could find there was someone working behind the scenes to cause issues wherever they could, but they couldn't find a reason behind it yet. Though they did find some interesting information about an event coming up about to happen in Kuoh that he would make sure the devils knew about.

Right as he was finishing looking over everything and started to plan his next moves, he got a letter from Serafall. Looking over it he had to whistle at the news; Rias Gremory would no longer be co-governor of Kuoh due to recent events, and Kuoh would be under the full control of Sona Sitri, making him thankful he got this letter before he did anything.

Already having permission to send agents to Kuoh to help with any issues that came up, he wrote a letter to be sent to Serafall explaining what he had found and also wrote letters to Sona and Issei to be delivered by his agents.

Calling for Penemue, he gave her his next plans for what they had been planning. "Send this letter off to Serafall and call in the twins. I need them to go to Kuoh and be our representatives during this upcoming issue and have them take this letter with them to give to Sona Sitri." He said handing her the letters, before remembering something else. "Also let Vali know to keep up his surveillance and he has permission to step in if needed." Getting a nod of approval from her as she left to send the orders.

Stepping over to a window looking outside, Azazel couldn't help but wonder, 'what else is going to be coming in the next few months, and this might be a good time to start preparing for peace talks between the three factions.'

 

and that's the end of this chapter. I'm sure I'll have a lot of people both happy or mad at how her punishments were dished out, but I never planned on them being massive punishments. Couple points.

At the beginning of the next chapter will be Rias reflecting on why exactly she acted like she did with Issei and what she plans to do from here, as I've had an idea behind it for a while.

Next chapter will be an engagement party for Sona and Issei, as well as the beginning of the next part of the fallen angel arc.

Sorry for the long chapter but I didn't want to cut it into different chapters unless I had to.

Don't forget about my discord server. use the code zwJu3MZ to get in.

And with that until next time.

What Do you think of Rias's punishment?
  • Too light Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Too harsh Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be better Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Could be worse Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Indifferent Votes: 6 28.6%
Total voters: 21
15