Engagement Party and New Issues Arise
999 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Welcome to the next chapter. Not much to add here but I'll try and remember to add the list of everyone's peerages at the end of the story.

Now onto the story

 

As Issei sat down to get to know his grandparents, Rias and her peerage moved off towards her bedroom while Matsuda and Motohoma excused themselves from the group and headed off towards a library they had seen nearby, not wanting to be near in case Rias got angry at them.

Kiba, when they reached Rias's room, stayed outside watching the door and looking back on all the things he knew about Issei, and realized he had just been following along with his King in what she had been doing, not really thinking about it too much on what it might cause for anyone, and vowed to try and make it up to when he could.

Akeno for her part, sat by her King as Rias lay down on her bed looking up at the ceiling. Rias was her best friend and had helped her through a tough time in her life so she would follow whatever she was doing even if she knew it was wrong. She did though decide to try and help both Rias and Issei work towards fixing the issue.

Rias was laying down on her bed thinking back on all the times she met or ran into Issei to see if she could use any to hate on him, but she couldn't all due to one fact; she was very afraid of the sight of blood, and no one in her family or peerage knew it. She could hide it well when it came to stray devil hunts and other stuff but something in her snapped whenever it happened with Issei's attacks, and she had had a feeling that the incident mentioned in the meeting had been an accident, but her instincts kicked in and she ran.

She thought back on all the times she'd ran into him or talked to him and most of them there had been blood somewhere on him she had noticed; the first time was when Sona had introduced her to him and he still had some on his hand from an earlier attack he hadn't noticed and though it was dried that wasn't too bad for her but still affected her. The second time she happened to be right in front of him when an attack hit him, and blood got on her before he could cover his mouth. Third time was the stairs accident, where blood had gotten onto her, then he did his best to keep away from her as she started spreading rumors due to her fears. But there was one more incident she could think of that happened between the two, and this one was in no way his fault.

She'd been walking up some stairs when Issei had been hit by a guy above her, after she had started spreading rumors and the hit had knocked out a tooth from his mouth and the bloody tooth had fallen down and landed on Rias rolling down her arm, but that one wasn't his fault either way. She sighed as she decided there wasn't anything she could do to get out of her punishments and decided to take them with grace and go with it, as he did try to be friends with her in the beginning it was just her fears that drove it to where it ended up.

She was sad though to lose Koneko, but she would never try to keep one of her peerage members if they weren't happy with where they were at anymore. After all, she considered all her peerage members as family and would do her best to help them, though she couldn't stop from being a little annoyed at Matsuda and Motohoma for speaking out earlier, she was sure she would have done the same in their shoes.

Meanwhile

Issei was having a good time getting to know his grandparents and they certainly were glad to have him back and welcomed his Knights with open arms as well. Sitting there holding hands with Sona, Issei was glad how things had gone over with the situation and hoped he could work things over with his Aunt. Not long after the boys split off from the girls to have their own man to man chats.

Scene Skip

After hanging out with his grandparents some, they had to get back to the human world to prepare for the engagement party that had been planned, the original plan had been to have two parties, one with just his adoptive parents, then another with his birth parents and Sonas, but Serafall had changed that plan earlier in the day to where it was going to be one big party with everyone, so Sona grabbed her peerage as well as Issei and his and made a teleportation circle appear under them taking them back to the Student Council office. As the Kendo girls left to get ready themselves as they had been invited Sona's peerage pulled her away to get her ready and just to have fun teasing her again about being engaged.

Issei and Koneko meanwhile headed off to his adoptive parents house, planning on moving Koneko in later, and were trying to figure out how they would explain her now living with them full time and finally decided to go with a partial truth; Grayfia and Sirzechs had formally unofficially adopted her as well and had asked if she could live with him now instead of where she had been living and plans had been already setup with her previous residence where there wasn't any issues there.

Emiko was ecstatic, already loving the girl as if she was her own, and immediately rushed her off to find a dress for the party, though due to her small frame they had to settle for a smaller skirt then she would have liked. She got a white dress covered with sparkles from neck to waistline and had short sleeves that barely went past her shoulders, while the dress's skirt just ended above her knees when standing, and also had ruffles.

Issei for his part, chose an outfit that was dressy but still casual, as he went without a blazer, and had on black dress shoes, black pants, and a turquoise dress shirt, black vest and red tie. It was basically the same as what he had worn for the movie date but had all the buttons buttoned up instead of a couple buttons undone. As he was putting his watch on, he wished his younger brother was going to be here, but his birth parents had decided to leave him at home, so he decided to do something for him later.

His fathers decided to follow along with Issei and wear the same though Iseki wore a black shirt, and Sirzechs wore a red shirt. Emiko wore a black dress that was tight-fitting around her legs but had a slit down the side for movement. Grayfia wore a strapless dress in the same color as Sirzechs that went down to her ankles.

With Sona

Sona was thankful that she had heard what Issei had planned to wear tonight and was able to turn her peerage towards that when looking for something for her to wear. She put on a turquoise gown, with a ruffled skirt reaching halfway down her shins with the innermost layer, though she didn't like the top part of the dress as it pushed up against her breasts a little too much for her comfort and showed them more than she was used to.

Right as she finished getting dressed, Akane showed up having been sent by Serafall to help get her ready for the night. Shooing everyone away so she could work on Sona's hair, putting it up in an elegant side bun. Thinking that she was done with getting ready she went to stand up but was stopped by Akane. "We really ought to try and find some jewelry for you to wear tonight, besides your ring. Let's see about finding a necklace for you." She said knowing how Sona felt about those things.

Sona groaned, knowing that Akane meant well, but she never did like wearing stuff that showed off more of her chest than was needed, since she was very self-conscious about it. Akane just chuckled at the girl as she walked over to Sona's jewelry case.

"I'm thinking about silver, or something simple." She said looking for something she remembered seeing, a certain necklace not long ago, before finding it. Sona just nodded her head hoping that Akane would be able to find something that wouldn't show off too much as Akane turned around and put the necklace she had found around her neck. It was a red heart shaped crystal necklace on a simple silver chain that didn't lower the heart too far down and Sona was happy with her choice and thanked her.

For Sona's family, both her mother and Serafall went with simple pencil style dresses with slits down the right side for easier walking, with her mother going for a white dress, and Serafall going with a middle shade of blue. Her father decided to stick with the business suit he had been wearing at work for the party but did remove the blazer as it was warm outside.

Everyone couldn't help but laugh though when they got together at both Sona and Issei as they couldn't speak after catching sight of each other. Finally, one of the men, no one was quite sure which, coughed into their hand and the two broke out of their trance and showered each other with praise on how they looked, then got on with the party and had a great time.

Scene Skip

The next day while Sona and Issei were out on a mini-date in Kuoh, they happened to run into a nun who said she had just moved into town and was to work at the church, something which drew both Issei and Sona's attention as they knew the church was inactive in the town and wondered about foul play happening especially with how their was fallen angels in the town.

They had heard from Serafall what she learned from Azazel and figured that they had brought her here to the town for something, and figuring it was for her Sacred Gear after they saw her heal a little boys knee after he had fallen. Giving each other a look, they decided to look into it more when they got back home tonight.

After dropping her off at the church, and Issei noticing the fallen that had killed him looking at them from one of the windows, they headed on home waving off going into the church as they could already feel a headache coming on just from being this close to a church.

As they left, they talked about what they had just seen. "I don't like leaving her there at the church. I feel like that we might have just led her to her death." Issei said letting Sona know what his thoughts were, getting a nod.

"I agree but right now, even with what Azazel told my sister, I don't feel right barging in there and dealing with them without more proof. I'll contact my sister later and get another update and we'll go from there." She said getting a nod from him.

"Plus, with the new rule the council has in place, we wouldn't be able to handle this ourselves and would probly have to call in reinforcements." He said reminding her about the new rule where only peerages with over 6 people in it could handle strays or fallen angels if it wasn't in self-defense, and the peerage has to have proven themselves.

The ruling that Lord Gremory had talked about right before Koneko was traded had come down as an official statement earlier that day. Due to how many smaller peerages were having issues when it came to stray devil hunts, the Devil Council had a new rule on its way to where only peerages that have over six people in them, not including the King can go after strays, and the peerage has to have proven themselves to get the job.

Sona's peerage was just one member short as it sits, though they weren't too sure how Issei having two Rook pieces, and her one Pawn having three would affect it so were going with the plan that they wouldn't be able to handle the situations for now.

"True but that honestly doesn't bother me too much, as it helps make governing the town easier, but it does come with more paperwork since I have to send a request out now whenever a stray pops up in our area."

"I'm sorry Rias lost joint control over the territory with you. That had to have helped with dealing with paperwork." He said quietly, glad he didn't have to worry about it right now himself.

"While I agree with you a little bit, I'd rather have to deal with more paperwork, than losing you." She said blushing.

"Don't worry I don't plan on leaving you anytime soon."

"I know and you better keep that promise." She said as they continued their walk not noticing two new presences that had just arrived in town.

Meanwhile

The twins, Elze and Linze Silhoueska, had just arrived in Kuoh on their latest assignment from Azazel. They had been on standby for the past two weeks waiting on him to get more information on what was going on within the devil territory of Kuoh and had finally gotten enough to be ready to send them over there with letters to give to the Governor of the territory and now they just had to find her having been told to check Kuoh Academy for the Sitri heiress.

As they got their bearings, they happened to catch the Sitri Heiress walking around with someone, likely her fiancée they had heard about, having seen pictures of them, through town so decided to try and catch up with them and let them know they were in town.

 

 Well next chapter is done. Smallest chapter so far but couldn't figure out how I wanted it to go and finally settled on this. With this chapter we see the arrival of the twins into Kuoh and we'll learn more next chapter on how they came to work under Azazel as well as the official start of the fallen angel arc.

Peerages:

Sona's Peerage: King: Sona Sitri. Queen: Tsubaki Shinra. Bishops: Momo Hanakai, Reya Kusaka. Rooks: Issei Hyoudou x2 Mutated. Knights: Tomoe. Pawns: Kazuki (OC) x3.

Information: we'll be diving into her peerage more soon as we haven't really said who all is currently in it and who will be joining soon, but I have a couple plans.

King: Issei. Queen: Sona. Bishop: Asia Argento. Linze Silhoueska (Isekai smartphone) rook: Koneko Elze Silhoueska (Isekai Smartphone) knight: Muramaya Kaori. Katase Yui pawn: Bova x2 kiryuu x1 (maybe) ingvild leviathan (maybe) x4

Information: The fallen and Kiryuu are still maybes for him but I'm just gonna leave them for now in the list till I figure more out. Remember all his pieces are mutation pieces.

Rias's Peerage: King Rias Gremory. Queen: Akeno Himejima. Bishops: Gasper. Rooks: N/A. Knights: Kiba Yuuto. Pawns: Motohoma x4. Matsuda x4

Information: I still need to figure out more on her pieces that will be added but not really near where that will be prevalent yet.

Don't forget I do have a discord: use the code zqJu3MZ to get in. It's still a wip discord but it's a nice place to chill and not get spammed with messages.

With that until next time.

14