Dragon Vs Phenex
876 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Welcome to the next chapter. This one will see the end of the Rating Game between Phenex and Gremory. How will it end you ask? You'll just have to read on and see.

 

Right before Issei had called out his attack name, Akeno, Yubelluna, and Ravel had reached the area and were shocked at how cold the area had gotten, and even more so when they felt how much power Issei was putting out. Ravel was shocked to see that even her brother was having trouble keeping his flames alight as the temperature dropped in the area the two were in.

She would have tried to step in and help warm him up but with the power she could feel coming off of Issei as well as the biting wind coming from the cold, she wasn't sure she'd be able to help out in this situation if even her brother's flames couldn't keep him warm.

After a minute passed, Issei's magic circle finished expanding and the room temperature continued to drop with ice starting to actually start showing up in the room even with the heat coming off of Riser which showed just how cold it was getting. The girls outside had to back up an extra thirty yards from Issei to not feel the stinging cold.

The ice started building up so quickly around Riser he couldn't even struggle as it started climbing up him and encasing him in a sheet of ice, making both Yubelluna wonder if she would even be able to make a difference in this situation while Rias and Akeno just smiled at how well the Rating Game seemed to be going for them. After a few moments more, Issei dispelled his attack and sighed, thankful that the attack had seemingly worked out as he had hoped.

Right as Grayfia was about to call the end of the game, cracking could be heard coming from the block of ice that was Riser before it started to break apart before it broke altogether showing a winded Riser. "Damn, thought I had you there for a moment," Issei said not that surprised that Riser had gotten out as there always was a chance of it if Riser was able to get enough room to move.

"You very nearly did, if I hadn't been able to get a small gap inside to move around in." Riser said panting trying to catch his breath. "You earned my respect with that attack, and now I know to start taking this seriously." He said before calling out to his Queen. "Yubelluna!"

"Yes my lord?" She asked not quite sure what to think at the moment.

"Stand down. I'm sure this game will end with this battle and I want it to just be between the two of us."

"But we can win this if we fight together my lord."

"Yes, though even if we both take him seriously I'm not sure we'll win this, and with Rias still having her Queen in play and it will take both of us if I'm able to win this fight so stand down."

"As you wish my lord."

After that Riser turned towards Issei with a question. "Now I'm curious. I had heard that when your father announced your return that you had a Sacred Gear but at the time he didn't know what it was."

"Which was probably true as it wasn't discussed until a later date from when I found out my heritage. I'm sure you're wondering if my increase in power was my own or from my gear?" Issei asked before getting a nod back. Issei sighed wondering if now was the time to announce what Sacred Gear he held.

Meanwhile

At Issei's words, both Lord Phenex and Lord Gremory turned towards Sirzechs. "Son do you know what his Gear is?"

"Yes. He let me and the rest of the Maou's know when we ordered Sona's and his Peerage to deal with the fallen angels in Kuoh. As all four of us were there at the time we decided to withhold passing the information up the line so he wouldn't have to possibly defend himself due to the fact that he holds a Longinus." After seeing the looks on the two's faces, Sirzechs finished with.

"Knowing how devil society would react kept us from announcing it, hell I can tell you two are already thinking about doing something about it, and you don't even know what he has yet." Causing the two to realize he was right, but before they could comment either way, Sona got their attention saying that Issei seemed to have made up his mind.

Back to Issei

Finally making a decision, he raised his hand up and pulling power towards it as he said, "to answer your question, I was able to do it due to my Sacred Gear," before calling out the Boosted Gear. "I currently hold the Boosted Gear which makes me this generations Red Dragon Emperor." Shocking those that didn't know.

"Well well, I'm glad to have fought you then as you'll continue to grow stronger. It's an honor to fight the Red Dragon Emperor, and I know how lucky I am if you had just been a little stronger, there was no way I could have gotten out of it."

"Then let's continue this battle! I'll say I'm having fun as well." Issei said making Riser smile, as they both powered up causing Rias and the other girls to back up farther as the two started fighting.

(A/N: as I said when I did the fight at the church I'm not too sure about my writing of fight scenes so please bear with me.)

As Riser powered up, Issei could tell that his flames had gotten a lot hotter than before and knew he wouldn't be able to try the same trick again, even if Riser would fall for it, so he moved onto plan b. He'd learned about how the Phenex clan's regeneration worked and figured it had to also depend on their stamina so decided to try and make this a melee battle, but the flames were going to be a problem in going that route was how hot Riser's flames were which were even causing a small issue for him even with his training with DDraig.

Riser knew better than to try and allow Issei to make that move again so he powered up his flames and started throwing flaming fireballs at him which Issei either dodged or used his ice magic to freeze them while also sending spears of ice and ice dragons towards him, which he was able to melt and with the two types of magic flowing around was making steam along the whole battlefield with the two of them in the center.

Ravel for her part was glad to see that someone was actually pushing her brother and putting up a fight. She knew how arrogant he had become recently and how much of a shock it had to have been for him to be almost frozen by Issei's power since Riser was known as a powerful devil with mastery over his flames and regeneration. She hoped this would help tune down Riser's arrogance in the future.

Issei while working on keeping himself clear of Riser's flames was also trying to do what he could with his ice magic but neither were able to make much against his flames and after a couple of minutes of this in an unspoken agreement went to melee fighting and started throwing fists and kicks at each other with both being evenly matched but some of that was due to the Boosted Gear helping. With it, the two seemed to be evenly matched except in Riser's regeneration speed. If it wasn't for Riser's experience in battles and age it'd be more likely an overwhelming beatdown for one side or the other but Issei also had the Boosted Gear helping him.

When the battle finally ended the onlookers couldn't help but sigh at the Boosted Gear saying a final 'Boost!' with Issei having his fist buried in Riser's gut pushing him back while his hand was on Issei's face pushing it to the side, though both of them were smiling as Riser fell onto his back while Issei, not as quite tired fell down to a knee. "Damn. That was one hell of a fight. I've got to hand it to you." Riser said trying to get his breath back.

"I agree. That was a blast for me too." Issei said back, happy that he had been given the chance to fight in this Rating Game as it was a blast and helped him and the ORC fix their past issues as he worked to catch his breath.

Once he was able to talk without issues, Riser resigned from the match giving the Game to Rias. "[Riser Phenex retires. Rias Gremory wins!]" Causing everyone left in the game to be transferred to the room where the rest of Rias's peerage was.

As Issei dismissed the Boosted Gear and moved to take a seat and rest, he got tackled into a hug by Sona who was happy for him having won the match before he leaned down to kiss her head and hugged back ignoring everyone else around them until Rias coughed to grab their attention.

After Issei looked up he saw his peerage, as well as Tiamat, had shown up and all gave him praise for winning the game with the Kendo girls and Asia surprised at his display of power that they hadn't really seen yet but knew of.

The adults came in not long after giving him some time before bringing up what happened in the Game or with Grayfia a hug that nearly crushed his body.

"That was a splendid Game Issei but while we did promise to not broadcast the game we do have to announce your Gear now that you have shown it off." Lord Phenex said making Issei nod his head in acceptance.

"I knew this was coming so I'm not surprised. I just wanted to keep it quiet as long as I could before it was announced." He said getting a nod of acceptance from both Lord Gremory and Phenex as they left to attend the Devil Council meeting which was still in session. Sirzechs gave him a high five and a hug before he said good job and left for the same meeting.

Once he was able to get out of his mom's hug, he requested Asia to heal him with her Twilight Healing which after she did he realized it didn't help with his fatigue so he put that down for future reference.

Taking charge, Grayfia gathered the three teens and their peerages and took them back to the Student Council office and ordered them to take the night off and get some rest, before taking Issei and the group that lived with him and putting him to bed brokering no argument.

Scene Skip

Laying down in his bed, Issei was wondering what might happen now that he had announced what Gear he had, especially when DDraig praised him for his potential he had.

He had been running the math in his head quite a bit, both before the game and now on how much his power could be increased just with the Boosted Gear and it was astonishing. Six boosts every minute and with the fact he could now boost up to fifty minutes before he hit his limit, so he would have 300 boosts by the time he hit his limit was two to the three hundredth power was ridiculous when you think about it power-wise. Was he extremely strong or just could get there thanks to DDraig.

"[Partner believe me you have the potential to be that powerful. Yes you don't have access to it from the beginning but let me ask you how many people do you know that have reached their full potential this early in age, and how many have as great a potential.]" DDraig told him having followed along as his host thought about everything. "[Look at it this way. Instead of being able to bring out your full potential at the beginning of the fight but you can work your way up until you have the required power. If you handle it right you never waste power in a fight.]"

Issei couldn't fault DDraig for his thoughts and he had never lied to him about anything before either so knew he had to be right. Issei was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he never heard his door open or someone walking in until he felt something lay down on his chest. Shaking his head he looked down and saw Sona smirking at him as she lay on his chest.

They had a game going between the two of them to see who could surprise the other with small gestures like a hug or kiss but she had taken it up a notch by sneaking up on him and laying down on him as he rested. She could tell Issei was restless from where she had been down in the library trying to give him some time alone to sleep but knew that it sometimes took her presence for him to sleep. "Are you just going to stare at me or hold me and sleep?"

"Sorry, just trying to clear my head." He said before wrapping her in a hug, making Sona smile at him as she laid down beside him deciding to be a cuddle bear for him for the night and ask her questions later.

She had been stunned at his fight against Riser. She had known he was powerful but the strength he showed surpassed her expectations, which were high, to begin with just knowing what it had taken to revive him but to fight on par with Riser who had trained for years was something that was a sight to see and she knew that this was just the beginning.

Once Issei had a few hours of sleep under him where he wasn't going to possibly fall down on her, he woke up to the interrogation that was Sona wondering what the hell the plan had been for the Game.

"Now that you're not going to be falling apart on me, what the hell were you thinking when you gave Riser a chance to recover after you froze him?"

"I'll admit I wasn't as it was a surprise that he got out of it, even though I had said there was a chance of it happening. And even though the guy is annoying, I knew it wasn't right to hit him in that time as he was speaking."

"Well I can't exactly argue with that but how did you come up with the battle plan."

"As arrogant as he was, I had a feeling that he'd send out his peerage in groups to take us out and from what I could feel before the game of his group was that his one Bishop- "

"If you mean the blonde one, then that's his sister but continue."

"Ok, than only his sister, Queen, and Riser himself would be an issue for us after our training together so I tried to use that to our advantage, especially since we know the school so well I knew the only two ways he could easily attack us from where the gym and tennis courts so had Matsuda and Motohoma go after the gym while Kiba did the tennis courts since I figured he would need more space as a Knight. Though with how the gym is set up we couldn't see into it I had Matsuda reflect Akeno's lightning to give Motohoma a boost though we didn't realize that that would tire him as much as it did. He told us once he got back that he had hit his limit after sending the power out that he had received, though I'm not sure he wasn't able to fully send all the power he reflected."

"I could tell how Gasper was helping Kiba and Akeno but how did he help the duo?"

"He didn't. They wanted to fight without his help and Matsuda had had the same issue that Motohoma had as he could only absorb about five times was his limit to his knowledge and let us know after his fight that he couldn't absorb any more for a while which is why they didn't put up a better fight the second time around when they helped Kiba." Figuring he knew the next question she was going to ask he had to smirk. "If you were going to ask the next question I think you are, they went out to not be stood up so easily even though Matsuda isn't a fighter."

Sona had to snort at that. "So typical male pride then. No surprise to me though. Though I have to ask how you kept Gasper hidden during the match until he went back to the ORC."

"I didn't help there. I just let him decide on how to do that and help Kiba and it turned out well."

Nodding her head, Sona finished her interrogation as they got up to get ready for the day, though no one expected the issues that the teens would soon be involved in.

Meanwhile:

Scene Skip: Phenex Mansion:

Walking around in circles in her bedroom, Ravel couldn't keep from thinking about the boy from the Rating Game her brother had against Rias Gremory; Issei Hyoudou, a Rook from Sona Sitri who had been traded to Rias for the Game and who was also the oldest son of Sirzechs and Grayfia, as well as Sona's fiancée. Even though it hadn't been a week since the game, nothing she did could get him off her mind.

Thinking back on all the information she had heard about and learned from her parents, she was stunned at what had occurred in his life so far.

Snatched as a baby from his crib, grew up as a human not knowing his back story but knowing about his powers from a young age, which included the Boosted Gear. Health issues due to his powers fighting each other till he met his birth parents through Sona. Then killed by a fallen angel and revived using a Mutated King and 2 Mutated Rooks, something which surprised Ravel to no end having heard it was very rare to near impossible to reincarnate someone if it took more than 2 mutated pieces that weren't Pawns but it somehow worked this time. She had also heard there was some issue that popped up due to that incident but she hadn't been able to get any details of what had transpired past it was big enough for Rias to lose her Governorship of Kuoh, and decided to leave it alone for now.

She was also glad for him having finally given her brother a wake-up call on how he wasn't as invincible as he had believed up to that point and after having been in his peerage for the time she had she knew that the power had gone to his head and it was time for something like this to happen to him.

She had been put in his peerage as a way to learn more about her powers and abilities until she was able to take on a peerage of her own but she hadn't learned much and had recently been traded at her request to her mother's peerage, who as she didn't participate in the Games made it where Ravel was considered a 'free' Bishop for the time being.

The other thought that kept going through her head was what had been talked about at supper earlier that night; her parents had been talking about the game again and it had been brought up that Sirzechs had mentioned in passing after a Council meeting that he was thinking about looking into hiring a manager for his son and that had caught her attention out of anything that had been brought up so far.

She had always been a tactician for her brother in his peerage and felt that this might be another way to get out there and learn more about the world and such if she could talk her parents into the idea. With that thought in mind, she left her room to find her parents.

 

and that's the end of the chapter. Sorry if the fight wasn't that great but I hope to get better at scenes like that down the line. Couple things

With this chapter, this is the end of the chapters that came from the previous version of the story and we'll be going into a non-canon arc the next couple of chapters and will see a new person enter the scene so be ready for that.

Feel free to join my discord if you want: use the code zwJu3MZ to get in.

I have set up my own P-atreon for those that want to support me that way. Look up deltanz for my profile and it has the same profile picture as on here.

 

Until the next chapter.

9