Chapter 68
1.5k 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 68. Music nights (2)

"What's your problem?"

Alice's face ceased when she heard that question. She felt that it was weird that Lee Hyun had called her so early in the morning, when he was busy with the album. 

But hearing that question, she understood what he was going to talk about. 

"I don't have any problems. It's just that-"

"You don't need to lie or make an excuse."

Lee Hyun frowned hard hearing that.

Honestly, if he can, he doesn't want to deal with all this. He never had to deal with problematic trainees since he was just a composer, but in this life, he was more than just that. 

'I can now sympathize with those managers.'

Lee Hyun thought about the managers and team leaders he had talked with in his past life. They would always look tired while grumbling about how it was hard to manage a celebrity. 

He has started to understand their feelings now that he was the President of an agency himself. 

"You have regular fights with almost all the members, especially Lee Ara. You two are like fire and water, always clashing. Moreover, you broke the speaker, just because you didn't liked the song that was playing."

"I-I will pay the cost of the speaker."

Alice said as she shook his head. It's like she didn't think it was a big deal, but Lee Hyun ceased his eyebrows and replied in a raised voice. 

"It's not about the cost of the speaker!! It's about your behavior!!"

Alice didn't say anything at that.

It was not like she didn't have anything to retort with, but she knew that it would all be meaningless here. 

After all, she was truly in the wrong here.

"Now, tell me honestly, what is your problem?"

Lee Hyun continued to ask and Alice lowered her head and sighed. 

"I just don't like them. You can't expect me to get along with people I don't like."

'I think the same goes for the other three.'

Lee Hyun barely managed to swallow those words. He stared at Alice while thinking about how he can convince her to get along better with her team members. 

After a while, he finally opened his mouth.

"I think it's not like you can't get along with them, but more like, you don't want to get along. You refuse to acknowledge them."

"Eh?"

Alice widened her eyes hearing that. She was making an expression that said that Lee Hyun had hit the right spot.

'It seems like it's true.'

Lee Hyun thought and a smile finally formed on his lips. He thought back to who Alice really was? An arrogant girl? A dancer?

No, she was a genius.

Her skills were enough for her to be called a genius and there's a thing about geniuses. They don't acknowledge people easily. 

Lee Hyun knows that because he himself was a genius in music. 

'Alice is not a normal genius either.'

Honestly, she was the worst type of genius. The type who would refuse to get along with other people unless she acknowledged their skills. That was also the reason why Alice was being like this with everyone.

Especially Lee Ara. 

Ara was a girl who lived in the countryside all her life while Alice lived in America from the start. It was harder for her to acknowledge Ara because of that. 

Just her accent was enough for Alice to cease her face. 

'It may seem hard, but I think I will be able to find a solution to all this.'

Lee Hyun thought of a plan as he glanced over at Alice's face.

* * *

The next day, 

Minyuk looked at the cloudy sky and felt some pressure on his shoulders. It looked like it would rain today as the sky was getting more dark every minute. 

"You seem too stiff!!"

"Well, yeah, I'm not used to appearing on music broadcasts and it's even on KMS."

"Don't worry, you will get used to it."

Lee Hyerin said with a carefree attitude. She was going on entertainment and reality TV shows for years now, so she can be considered a veteran.

'I hope I don't make mistakes.'

Minyuk thought and sighed. At that moment, someone tapped his shoulders and passed him a bottle of water. 

It was Lee Hyun who was sitting next to him.

"You can't play the guitar with stiff shoulders. Drink some water and calm down."

As it was Minyuk's first appearance on TV, Lee Hyun had personally accompanied him. Kim Dongsu, who was sitting in the front seat, had also come. 

"Thank you."

Minyuk took the bottle of water and gulped it down in one go. He was really too nervous. 

"The recording will start in half an hour. Let's get out and greet the staff."

The middle aged woman with bob cut hair said with her hands on the steering wheel. She was Lee Hyerin's manager who was driving the van. 

All of them got out of the van after that and a staff member came down quickly and greeted them on the ground floor. He led them to the fifth floor where the studio for Music nights was located.

'The broadcasting station hadn't changed much.'

Lee Hyun thought as he looked around. 

He had been to KMS broadcasting station many times in his past life, but the station hadn't changed much throughout the years. 

As he was looking around, Lee Hyerin suddenly tapped his shoulders.

"You know it's really funny..."

"What is funny?"

Lee Hyun asked as he tilted his head and Lee Hyerin's gaze alternated between him and Minyuk. 

"You and Minyuk. It's the first time you two are visiting a broadcasting station, but both of your faces are showing different expressions. Minyuk is nervous while you are too calm. Have you visited a broadcasting station before?"

"Ah, no, it's my first time."

Lee Hyun widened his eyes at Lee Hyerin's words. He didn't realise it at first, but it was really unusual for someone to look this calm when visiting a broadcasting station for the first time. 

But it was too late to act nervous now, so Lee Hyun just shrugged his shoulders and said that he was just acting. 

All of them quickly got off the elevator and moved to the studio. The producer and writer of the show were waiting for them there.

"It's nice to meet you all."

The producer of the show was a balding middle aged man while the writer was an old woman in her 50s. 

Both of them greeted Lee Hyerin and her manager enthusiastically, but their expressions changed when they saw Minyuk, Kim Dongsu and Lee Hyun.

It was understandable since Minyuk was only here as a guitarist and the agency he belonged to was just a small one.

Like that, they were led to a waiting room as the staff was still preparing the stage.

They didn't have to wait for long, so Lee Hyun was fine with it, but as soon as they entered the waiting room, the atmosphere seemed to have suddenly changed.

"You are here...!!"

"Yeah, you too."

It was because a woman with a short red dress was already there in the waiting room. She was Kim Jisu who would be competing with Lee Hyerin today. 

'I hope a fight won't break out.'

Lee Hyun gulped as he glanced at Lee Hyerin and Kim Jisu who were both glaring at each other. 

Cold sweat filled his back as he wondered about the outcome of the show. 

29