Chapter 69
1.5k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 69. Music nights (3)

"Are you ready to lose?"

That was the first sentence Kim Jisu said when they sat down on the couch. Lee Hyun had thought that the recording would be peaceful, but that doesn't look like the case now.

"You are saying it like you have already won. Don't forget that I defeated you on the music charts just recently."

Kim Jisu's face ceased when Lee Hyerin said that. Her eyes shook, but she still managed a calm expression and retorted.

"Live performance and recorded albums are different things. It all depends on the skill of the singer and I firmly believe that you won't be able to win here."

Hearing that, Lee Hyerin glared at her and the atmosphere started to get more heated.

'She's really trying to pick a fight! It looks like the rivalry between them is more intense than I had thought.'

Lee Hyun glanced at Kim Jisu and recalled information on her. 

In his past life, he had never met her and he also didn't know much about her, but before coming here, he had gathered information about her. 

Kim Jisu was the same age as Lee Hyerin. After her idol group disbanded, she started her solo career and was quite successful in it.

One thing about her is that she hates to lose and would try everything to defeat her opponent, especially when it is someone she hates, who in this case was Lee Hyerin.

'I hope they don't create a scene here.'

Lee Hyun sighed and looked over at the bickering Kim Jisu and Lee Hyerin.

Feeling the heated atmosphere, Lee Hyerin's manager and Kim Dongsu had already left the room, saying that they needed to talk with the writer about something. 

But it seemed more like an excuse to Lee Hyun.

It was more likely that they had already predicted that this would happen and left to avoid it. Thanks to that, the only people in the room were him, Lee Hyerin, Minyuk, Kim Jisu and...

"I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Jaime, the lead guitarist of 'Steels'."

The handsome man with blonde hair who was sitting in the corner opened his mouth when he saw Lee Hyun's gaze on him. 

'He's Jaime from Steels!'

Lee Hyun opened his eyes wide on Jaime's introduction. It was the same for Lee Hyerin and Minyuk too. 

Jaime was wearing a cap, so no one had recognized him at first. Even Minyuk who was a guitar enthusiast was unable to recognise him at a glance. 

'I didn't think Kim Jisu would be able to invite someone like that.'

Steels - It started as an indie band, but after signing with a major agency, it quickly grew mainstream. It was currently the most famous band in Korea and it's popularity overseas was also growing.

Jaime was the guitarist of the band and he was quite popular due to his handsome looks. 

"You all look stunned! Well, why won't you be? Not like anyone can invite someone like Jamie like this."

Kim Jisu didn't waste this chance and started boasting. Her eyes formed crescent moons as she looked at Lee Hyerin with a scornful gaze, like she had already won this.

Seeing that, Lee Hyerin gritted her teeth and glanced at Minyuk who still hadn't said a word due to nervousness. 

Then, she opened her lips quickly. 

"I think Minyuk here is better."

"Huh? Who? This guy?!"

Kim Jisu made an exaggerated expression and pointed at Minyuk who looked surprised. He was suddenly dragged into the conversation, so he was stunned.

"Yeah, he will be accompanying me today."

"Oh! So, you are a guitarist too?"

It was not Kim Jisu who asked that. It was Jamie who looked at Minyuk with an interested gaze.

"Yeah, I am..."

Minyuk answered hurriedly and Jamie continued to ask more questions. 

"Which university have you graduated from? You must have done your major in guitar if you are playing here today. I'm from Julliards by the way."

"Ah, no, I didn't go to a university!"

"You are just a high school graduate?"

Minyuk nodded his head quickly when Jamie asked that. Seeing that, a deep frown leaked out of his mouth. 

"Just a high school graduate! Guess, I don't have to worry today then."

Jamie muttered that as he lost all his interest in Minyuk. His expression changed quickly and he looked at Minyuk with contempt, like he was nothing in front of him. 

'He's underestimating Minyuk!'

Lee Hyun thought angrily seeing all this.

* * *

"Kim Jisu!! Once more!!"

"I love you Jamie! You are so handsome."

"Jisu!! You are the embodiment of innocence. I love your voice!!"

On the stage, Kim Jisu and Jaime were performing and the audience was cheering for them enthusiastically. 

It looked like quite a lot of Steels fans were in the crowd as they were screaming Jaime's name quite often, but he just smiled at them and continued to play his guitar.

Kim Jisu who was just making a scornful expression on her face a while ago was singing with a slight smile on her face.

Her image in the people's eyes was of an innocent girl and she was displaying that with perfection. 

"Both of them are way better than I thought."

Lee Hyun who was looking at the performance from the backstage said.

"Yeah, I hate to admit, but that Jisu sure knows how to attract the audience and her singing isn't bad either..."

Lee Hyerin dejectedly said.

"It's not only about her singing, but Jaime's guitar skills are really good. It's enhancing her singing and giving it warmth."

"I hope I don't lose..."

A frown leaked out of Lee Hyerin's mouth when she heard that. She didn't want to think about it, but Kim Jisu and Jaime's performance was really good. 

It was making her nervous. 

"It will depend on your..."

Lee Hyun paused when he noticed Minyuk's expression from the corner of his eye. 

Minyuk was nervous from the start, but his current expression was one of fear. His eyes were shaking as he looked at the performance that was going on. 

"Are you scared?"

"Huh?"

"I'm asking if you are scared to go on stage?"

Lee Hyun again asked when he noticed Minyuk's confused expression. 

"I-it's not that..."

"Then, what is it? Are you thinking that the audience won't like you?"

Minyuk meekly nodded his head hearing that. He was nervous from the start, but after finding out that he was competing with Jaime, his nervousness has increased. 

He felt that the audience won't like him and he would lose.

'He can't go on the stage like this.'

Lee Hyun thought and sighed. 

It was Minyuk's first public network appearance and he can't mess up here. If he did, then the consequences would be really severe. 

After thinking for a bit, Lee Hyun opened his mouth again.

"Let me tell you one thing. The audience would probably question 'who are you?' when you would go up on the stage..."

"Huh?"

Minyuk let out a confused voice hearing that, but Lee Hyun continued without giving him a glance. 

"They would think that you are a rookie if you kept up that expression and that's where they would stop taking you seriously. They would think that you won't be able to give competition to Jaime and you would already lose there."

Minyuk opened and closed his mouth like he wanted to say something, but no words came out of his mouth. 

After a while, he finally managed to mutter out some words.

"Then, what should I do?"

"Just trust in yourself and in your skills. Remember that, the only way to win here is your music!"

30