Chapter 72
1.5k 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 72. The guitarist with a sweet smile (1)

After a week, it was finally the time for the official broadcast of Music nights.

As it was the first time Minyuk was appearing on television, all of them were sitting together in the lounge area, awaiting the broadcast. 

"I'm nervous."

Minyuk who was munching on a bag of chips broke the silence and said.

"Well, it's normal to be nervous, but I thought you would watch the broadcast with your girlfriend? I heard something like that when you were talking to her on the phone?"

Lee Hyun asked as he raised his head from his phone screen. 

At the mention of his girlfriend, Minyuk smiled and slowly shook his head. 

"I was thinking of that, but she said that she would watch it with her parents."

"You haven't met her lately, right?"

"I think it's been around a month since we have met, but she said she's fine with it. We are talking on the phone everyday anyway."

Minyuk said as he shrugged his shoulders, but Lee Hyun couldn't let it go.

'Minyuk would be busier after the release of his album.'

Lee Hyun thought and glanced at Minyuk.

If everything went well, then there would be several events and shows for Minyuk along with entertainment shows appearance. 

He would practically be bombarded by them. At that time, would he be able to meet with his girlfriend regularly? Probably not.

After thinking about it for a while, Lee Hyun opened his mouth. 

"Take a break this week and go on a date with your girlfriend."

"Ah, I don't think I sho-"

"You won't be able to meet her much after your debut. So, take a break and go."

Minyuk just scratched his head hearing that, but he nodded his head in the end. He had felt it multiple times, but Lee Hyun sure was different from other people. 

He was really considerate of his artists. 

"Has it started yet?"

As they were talking, the door to the room suddenly opened and Kim Dongsu came in with hurried steps.

"No, they are still playing the ads."

"That's good. I was worried I would miss the start."

Kim Dongsu said as he sat down on the sofa and placed a shopping bag on the table. Lee Hyun glanced at it and asked.

"What's in the bag?"

"I thought we should celebrate today since it's the first time Minyuk would appear on a reality TV show. That's why, I bought some beer."

Kim Dongsu said and revealed the cans of beer. It may seem like a cheap drink to celebrate, but both Minyuk and Lee Hyun smiled seeing that.

They both popped up a can and started drinking beer. The cold beer entered their throat and made them refreshed.

"It's only one minute to the broadcast now."

After five minutes, the broadcast was finally starting. All three of them looked at the screen in the middle of the room. 

"Oh yes! I think you would be surprised seeing the broadcast."

Lee Hyun suddenly said to Minyuk when the intro started playing.

"What do you mean?"

Minyuk tilted his head and asked, but Lee Hyun just smiled back in response. Minyuk wondered what he was implying, but he decided to focus on the broadcast for now. 

Like the previous episodes, the broadcast began with giving an introduction about the two singers who would be competing in today's episode. 

Kim Jisu's and Lee Hyerin's latest performances in music shows, charts and recent public comments about them were displayed on the screen. 

The MC explained how both of them were still one of the most popular singers in the industry despite their ages.

And how Lee Hyerin even managed to make a successful comeback despite going through a failed marriage and a gap of 5 years. 

'It's normal till now.'

Lee Hyun thought as his gaze was fixed on the screen. He waited patiently for Minyuk to make an appearance and after five minutes, he finally appeared.

[Kim Jisu managed to make Jaime, the guitarist of the rock band Steels, accompany her on the show while Lee Hyun came in with an unknown guitarist.]

The glimpse of Minyuk getting out of the car with Lee Hyerin was shown along with those words. 

Soon, another set of words appeared on the screen.

[Who was the guitarist that was accompanying Lee Hyerin?]

A brief introduction of Minyuk was given after that. How he was an unknown musician, singing in Hongdae and details about Mango Entertainment were also shown.

"W-what is going on?"

Minyuk's eyes shook watching all this. He muttered that and looked at Lee Hyun who glanced at him and smiled.

"I told you that you would be surprised."

"But this..."

"Just watch the broadcast for now."

Lee Hyun ignored the astonished expression of Minyuk and turned to look at his phone's screen. A community website was displayed there and people were talking about Music nights. 

<Why are they focusing on an unknown guitarist?>

<I heard the ratings of previous episodes were low. Maybe they are trying to increase the ratings by showing a dramatic story.>

<I wanted to see more of Lee Hyerin and Kim Jisu. The way they look at each other seem like they want to kill the other person.>

<I have heard that they don't get along.>

<I'm watching this to see if there would be any fight between the two of them, but the show seem to be focused on this Kang Minyuk.>

<I'm intrigued by this guitarist. Kang Minyuk, I think I would follow him. He's handsome.>

<Look at his expression, he seems really nervous.>

<I want to see my Jaime oppa!!>

<I'm curious to know what would happen next. It seems like something would happen to Kang Minyuk or they won't focus on him.>

<Either way, I will keep watching.>

'It has managed to grab people's attention.'

Lee Hyun thought and again focused on the screen. It was currently showing Kim Jisu and Jaime's performance. 

The audience cheered as Kim Jisu sang her hit song 'Daring luv'. The sound of Jaime's guitar intermixed with her voice and created an excited atmosphere. 

The audience clapped and cheered again as their performance came to an end. 

Soon, Lee Hyerin and Minyuk entered the stage. Her expression was calm, but everyone can see the nervous expression of Minyuk.

The camera zoomed in to highlight his expression more.

Their performance soon began and the audience cheered after hearing Lee Hyerin's singing. Her song 'Never give up' was still getting views on video streaming sites, so it's popularity hasn't fallen yet.

Lee Hyerin kept singing with a smile on his face, but suddenly, the camera took a zoom in of Minyuk's face and that moment was when he made a mistake.

It showed how Minyuk lost a beat and the screen seemed to be frozen after that. Some words appeared quickly.

[Kang Minyuk made a mistake in his first appearance on television. What will happen now?]

28