Chapter 73
1.4k 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 73. The guitarist with a sweet smile (2)

The community forums that were talking about Music nights all went to frenzy when the scene of Minyuk making a mistake appeared. 

The program team of Music nights had taken an advertisement break after this, leaving all the viewers on a cliff.

The people intensely typed on the forums and in just some minutes, 3 pages were already filled with comments. 

<Damn! Did you all saw this? He made a pretty big mistake there.>

<We don't have fish eyes to not see it! I wonder what will happen next. When would the break end?>

<I certainly didn't expect that.>

<I thought they were focusing too much on Kang Minyuk, but I now know why. It was all for this moment. They certainly caught us off guard.>

<What do you think will happen next?>

<Will Lee Hyerin lose? I became her fan recently, so I don't want her to lose.>

<I don't think that it would end here. The producers have made us anticipated, so they would surely not leave us like this.>

<Kim Jisu would certainly be laughing at that moment.>

<I hope it don't end in Lee Hyerin losing just because of the guitarist.>

<Let's not make conclusions and wait for the break to end.>

<Damn! When will the break end?>

Lee Hyun smiled seeing all those commebrs. The majority of the comments about Minyuk were positive and people were waiting for the broadcast to resume.

The episode has surely managed to grab the attention of the viewers. 

"How is the response?"

Kim Dongsu who had his phone in one hand and a can of beer in the other asked. 

"It's mostly positive. There are not many people who are saying bad things about Minyuk and most of them are waiting for the broadcast to resume."

Lee Hyun replied with a smile and Kim Dongsu gulped down the beer.

"The response is better than I thought."

"I have doubts about how the Producer would edit it, but he certainly kept his words. We should send him gifts later."

"Yeah, we were lucky that the Producer saw potential in Minyuk and decided to focus the episode on him."

Both of them nodded with smiles on their faces. They were doubtful when the balding Producer had talked to them about how he wanted to focus on Minyuk.

But it has gone really well in the end.

'I should send a thank you message to Lee Hyerin too.'

Lee Hyun thought and began typing on his phone. It was Lee Hyerin who had asked him to let Minyuk accompany her on the show. 

If it wasn't for her, Minyuk would not have appeared on Music nights.

Vrrrrr! 

As he was typing the message, Lee Hyun suddenly heard multiple notification rings.

He raised his head from the phone screen and looked at Minyuk whose phone was constantly ringing. 

"It looks like many people are messaging you."

Minyuk looked at Lee Hyun and nodded his head hearing that.

"My friends, family members, high school classmates and even people who I don't know. I'm getting messages from all of them."

"It's normal as you are becoming a hot topic really quickly."

"It still feels surreal..."

Minyuk said as he scratched his head with a small smile on his face. It was not like he hated it, but it was just too sudden for him to properly respond. 

"You will get used to it soon."

Lee Hyun said and patted his shoulders. 

Even though Minyuk don't know how to respond to his sudden 'popularity', he was still feeling like he had achieved something.

A sense of fulfilment was growing in his heart!

"Hey, the broadcast is resuming!"

As they were talking, Kim Dongsu suddenly shouted and both of them fixed their gazes on the screen. 

The broadcast resumed quickly and the camera focused on Minyuk's face and murmuring of the audience seated in the studio.

Anyone can see that Minyuk was really scared and he didn't know what to do. It was a scene that would make anyone sympathise with him. 

[What will he do now? Will he be able to correct his mistakes?]

Those words appeared on the screen and at that moment, the camera showed Lee Hyun screaming towards Minyuk.

"Ah...!"

Lee Hyun exclaimed when he saw that. 

He wasn't expecting that they would include him in the final edit. He felt slightly bashful seeing him on the screen and Kim Dongsu smirked while looking at him. 

"It looks like you will also get famous."

"I don't think so. I'm only in the frame for a minute. Not many people would remember me, especially when the focus is on Minyuk."

Lee Hyun shrugged and focused on the screen. 

The screen showed Minyuk who was contemplating something. After that, he turned towards Lee Hyerin and told her to start again. 

That's where their real performance started. 

The nervous Minyuk was nowhere to be seen and now, he was filled with confidence and excitement of playing guitar in front of the audience. 

He strummed the guitar strings with confidence and it intermixed with Lee Hyerin's bright and soothing voice, creating an atmosphere filled with brightness.

Minyuk and Lee Hyerin's performance continued like that and the music won over the hearts of the people. 

'The opinion about Minyuk is changing rapidly.'

Lee Hyun thought and glanced at his phone screen where a new comment was coming every second.

<OMG!!>

<How the hell is he playing the guitar like that? I thought he was a complete newbie, but his skills are amazing.>

<I play the guitar myself, so I can say with certainty that his skills are top notch.>

<He was nervous just a while ago, but now, he looks like he is playing the guitar for years.>

<You can't be that skilled without playing the guitar for years.>

<Isn't he better than Jaime?>

<I think I am going to follow him after this. I'm a big fan of guitarist and he looks really handsome too.>

<Lee Hyerin's voice is so sweet.>

<The producers of the show really caught us off guard. I bet Kang Minyuk would become a top topic tomorrow.>

Lee Hyun grinned with a big smile seeing all those comments. Even though Lee Hyerin was a celebrity, the majority of the comments were still about Minyuk.

It was the effect of focusing on Minyuk throughout the show. 

After reading the comments, Lee Hyun again looked at the screen. Minyuk and Lee Hyerin's performance had ended and the MC was going to reveal the winner. 

Soon, Lee Hyerin was announced as the winner. A still of Kim Jisu's surprised face was captured and then, the screen changed to an interview with Minyuk.

It was the short interview that had taken after the shoot.

[Producer: You were really nervous, right? It must be pressurizing, especially because it was your first time shooting for a public network show.]

[Minyuk: Yeah, it was really daunting, but somehow, I was able to do it.]

The balding Producer and Minyuk talked a bit more about his company and his feelings on Lee Hyerin winning today.

He also asked some questions like 'What's your age?' and 'Are you planning to continue as a guitarist?'.

After five minutes, the balding Producer asked the last question.

[Producer: I heard that you are going to release a mini-album soon. Is it true?]

[Minyuk: Y-yeah, it's true. It would be my debut album and it would be released soon.]

[Producer: Oh! I bet it would be a great album and we will get to see your singing skills in it. What will be the name of the album?]

[Minyuk: The name of the album would be 'Second chance'.]

29