Chapter 75
1.5k 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 75. Jihun VS Minyuk (1)

<Ahhhhh, Minyuk oppa is so handsome!!>

<Who the hell is Kang Minyuk? Why is someone I never heard or seen before on top of the real-time search rankings?>

<He's a guitarist who performed with Lee Hyerin recently. You should watch the full episode on their website if you want to know about him.>

<He's not even a celebrity, but he is trending on top of the search rankings.>

<I think he is a celebrity now and isn't he releasing an official album soon? The album name was Second chance or something.>

<Yeah, we should call him a singer or a musician instead of a guitarist. As for the album, I am curious about it and would buy the digital copy.>

<I'm already thinking of pre ordering it. Ah, when that would announce the release date of it.>

<I just checked Kang Minyuk's agency's website and it said that they would reveal the date soon. Anyway, his agency name is funny. Mango Entertainment, lol.>

<I just found out that Midas also belongs to the same agency.>

<Then, the songs in his album must be composed by him. I'm getting more excited about it. Midas's music is really good. I listen to it everytime.>

<Ahh, I hope they release the album soon.>

"WHAT THE F*CK?! Why is he on top of the real-time search rankings?? Even I never got to the top of the rankings... Ahh!!"

With a scream full of anger, Jihun threw his phone to the wall. It smashed into the wall and broke into several pieces.

The reason for his intense anger and frustration was none other than Minyuk.

Someone who he once used to respect and follow around, but as soon as Jihun became famous, he disregarded him, thinking that he was way above Minyuk.

But now, Minyuk was on top of the search rankings and several top entertainment news publishing companies were writing articles about him.

Even he hadn't experienced it in his small career. 

Another thing was that people were talking about Minyuk's debut album, but no one was talking about his album. 

That just made him more frustrated!

Click!

At that moment, the door to the room suddenly opened and a worried, panting CEO Jo entered. He had run all the way here after hearing about Jihun's condition from his manager. 

He looked around the room and noticed the broken appliances.

While holding back a frown, CEO Jo opened his mouth. 

"Jihun, stop this! Getting angry won't do anything in this situation."

Jihun glanced at CEO Jo and frowned with anger visible in his eyes.

"Then, what should I do? My album is going to release soon, but people are talking about a third rated bar singer."

"You don't need to worry about that. That Kang Minyuk's name will probably get out of the search rankings tomorrow. Then, we would start our marketing."

"Will that really work?"

Jihun calmed down a little, hearing that and asked.

"Yeah, marketing is the key to success in today's world. We have already finished recording the songs and you would be making your comeback on CTS K-pop fest."

K-pop fest was the music broadcast that was produced by Producer Hwang, the same guy who had rejected Kim Dongsu before.

"... I still think it won't be enough and I don't want to lose against that Minyuk in album sales."

In his anger, Jihun was not even considering his previous relationship with Minyuk and how he had helped him a lot when he was just a newbie singer.

The transformation of Jihun was the perfect example to show how a person can change after becoming famous. 

"You don't need to worry about it. The PR team would promote you intensely and we had already talked with all the major news publishers. Your name would be on top of the search rankings tomorrow."

CEO Jo licked his lips and said.

Honestly, he was not prepared for this kind of situation at all. He had thought that it would be a smooth sailing for them, but the exact opposite has happened. 

'Bad things really happen unexpectedly!'

CEO Jo frowned thinking that.

Someone who he had never even thought of as a competitor has now become their biggest competition.

The clash between Jihun and Minyuk was unavoidable now and he can also use his money to promote Jihun intensively. 

"I hope that happens."

Jihun shook his head and sighed.

Marketing and PR was the strongest ability of SMH Entertainment. He was also confident of it as his current popularity was also thanks to that.

"Just focus on practicing your songs now. After your comeback on K-pop fest, your schedule would be full with shows and events."

"I know that..."

Jihun ceased his eyebrow, thinking of his tough schedule that won't give him a break. 

His anger has depleted to a certain degree after hearing CEO Jo's words, but there was still worry and anxiety in his heart.

It was because of the songs.

"Will the song written by Linly be able to top the music charts?"

He suddenly asked and CEO Jo quickly nodded his head. 

"Why are you worrying about the songs? I heard all the songs and they are good, especially the title track 'Get myself with you'.

The title track was written by Linly, the female composer who Jihun had made a deal with. 

"I know they are good, but the songs in Minyuk's album are all composed by Midas. You yourself were praising him before..."

Jihun's words trailed off at the end and even CEO Jo was not able to reply immediately. 

Honestly, this was also the biggest worry of CEO Jo. He had never thought that Midas and Minyuk would be from the same agency, Mango Entertainment. 

He had never thought of getting information about Mango Entertainment and now, it has become his biggest worry.

"You don't need to worry about it. Just trust me and you would be the next superstar from Korea."

"Okay, I will believe you for now, CEO."

Jihun shook his head and decided to not think about all this. He was confident in CEO Jo and his marketing tactic. 

After thinking all that, Jihun started walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

CEO Jo asked him and he turned around and replied with a vicious grin,

"I'm still frustrated, so I need to cool off."

CEO Jo quickly understood what he meant and hurriedly tried to stop him.

"I, I already told you to stop going to those types of places. If a reporter gets to know about it, then we are screwed..."

"Don't worry, I'm not going to find a prostitute. I got better options than that."

Jihun cut off CEO Jo and started walking away. After reaching the hallway, he took out his spare phone and sent a message to a particular number.

[I'm coming to your house. Wear the 'things' I gifted you before.]

The number was saved as 'Linly, the b*tch'. 

Jihun grinned after sending the message and thought about the type of play he would experience today. 

27