Chapter 77
1.5k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 77. Jihun VS Minyuk (3)

In the office of one of the top entertainment news publishing companies, K-today.

The Chief Editor was currently bashing one of the Reporters. The Chief editor who looked like a humanised pig, let out swear words as he faced the Reporter.

"What the fu*k are you writing these days? Are there no good headlines to write? What does this even mean, 'Top singer Serena got a cold because of the rain'!!"

The Reporter lowered his head hearing that. 

Honestly, it was not his fault. The Chief Editor has told him to just write anything about Serena, but as she was on her break period, he wasn't able to find anything. 

In the end, he needed to write that trash article about her getting a cold.

"Editor, I had to write that because I didn't find anything. If I hadn't completed it before the deadline, then the seniors would have scolded me and I already told you that there wasn't anything much to write...."

"So, you are saying it's my fault!!"

The Chief Editor again screamed and the Reporter quickly shook his head. He felt like it was his last day working here.

'This damn pig!!'

The Reporter cursed in his head, but didn't dare to show it on his face. He was just a newbie Reporter with no strength. There was no way he could go against the Chief Editor.

The Chief Editor continued to swear at the Reporter and after five minutes, he finally got tired of thinking of new swears and asked,

"What happened to the Reporters we sent to follow the celebrities? Is there really no good news? Anything will work! A scandal or even an idol getting plastic surgery!"

"T-there really isn't anything..."

"What about Taejung? He is famous as a womanizer. There must be something about him. Wasn't he working on a movie with that newbie actress? I can't believe that nothing happened between them!"

The Reporter shook his head hearing that.

"Taejung left that project just last month. There were tons of articles about it already."

"Then, what about the fake voting scandal on that reality show called 'Korean idol'?"

"There was an investigation and they found nothing. Moreover, the Producers of 'Korean idol' sued some Reporters for writing fake articles about them, so no one dares to write anything now..."

When the Reporter said that with sorry eyes, The Chief Editor hit his hand on the table and grumbled.

'I feel like I'm suffocating!'

Being a Reporter was his dream job, but he had never thought that it would be this hard. He was constantly working 18 hours a day and his workplace has now become his bedroom.

He hadn't even met with his girlfriend in a month.

"I don't care about anything. Tell everyone that I need a good article that can create controversy or at least get some attention! I don't care how you would make a good article, but I need one. You understand?"

"Y-yes!"

The Reporter nodded his head repeatedly and the Chief Editor finally gestured him to go. 

'That pig is like a tiger just because of his position! How the heck can I even write a good article when there's no article worthy news?!'

The Reporter left the Chief Editor's office while swearing at him. He ruffled his already messy hair and sat down on his desk.

Then, he began to think about something to write.

People were already calling him a trash journalist for writing shitty articles. He needed to write something good to maintain his reputation.

'Let's just look at the search rankings. Maybe, I can find something good.'

The Reporter thought and began to look at the search rankings. Most of the top searches were of politicians and the new education policy.

He scrolled down, hoping to see something that can save his ass and finally saw something related to entertainment.

[Jihun's new album, 7th.]

"I don't know this Jihun, but he must be a singer if he's releasing an album."

The Reporter muttered and clicked on that. Soon, many articles appeared on his screen. He began to read them one by one and even started playing Jihun's songs.

He needed to have an understanding of the individual he is writing an article about.

'So, he is a slightly famous singer who made his debut last year and has a certain number of fans. His agency is spending a ton of money on marketing. They must want him to make a breakthrough through this album.'

The Reporter quickly noted down some points he found about Jihun and then his gaze got stuck at the date of his comeback.

"12th November!"

Jihun was going to make his comeback on K-pop fest and the date was 12th Nov. The Reporter felt something strange seeing the date. 

He quickly opened another article and read through it. It was one of the articles about Minyuk who was going to make his debut soon.

The Reporter had written tons of articles about Minyuk when he was on top of the search rankings.

That's why he also knew that Minyuk would soon make his debut on Music bank on KMS and the date was... 12th Nov.

'Isn't it the same as this Jihun?'

The Reporter's eyes shook when he saw that. He got a feeling that he was close to writing a hit article.

He continued his research about the two of them and tried to find if they have any animosity for each other. The things he found after his research made him feel exhilarated. 

"They were close to each other in the past..."

The Reporter muttered and quickly thought of a tagline and an article. Both of them were releasing their album on the same day and even at the same time.

He can easily write an article about them.

'A hit article only needs some facts and a bunch of 'spice'.'

He thought about the advice he had received from a senior when he first started as a reporter and his hands quickly started moving on the keyboard.

Words filled the screen as an article with the tagline of 'Jihun VS Minyuk' was created.

25