Chapter 79
3k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 79. The debut (1)

"How is your condition?"

Minyuk raised his head to look at Lee Hyun when he heard that question. He thought for a moment and opened his mouth. 

"I think I can do it."

"You look confident."

Lee Hyun stared at Minyuk's face which was full of confidence and smiled. It was not like he was not nervous, but Minyuk was feeling something strange today.

A strange feeling was in his heart.

"I don't know if I'm confident or not, but I'm feeling something strange. Something I never felt before in my life."

"What is that?"

Lee Hyun asked as he tilted his head and Minyuk looked at him with a smile. 

Then, he opened his mouth. 

"The feeling that I want to sing. After I woke up today, the melodies and tune of Dreams and Broken were playing in my head constantly. It's strange, but it's not like I'm feeling sick."

Lee Hyun laughed out loud hearing that. The feeling of wanting to just sing - It was truly a strange feeling that only a true singer can feel. 

"Well, I think it's the best feeling a singer could feel."

Minyuk smiled hearing that and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I never felt this good before."

"We have reached the studio!"

As Lee Hyun and Minyuk were talking, the car suddenly came to a stop and Kim Dongsu shouted from the driver's seat.

The three of them got out of the car after Kim Dongsu parked it in the parking lot. Then, they started walking towards the entrance. 

"There are too many people here..."

Minyuk said in surprise as he glanced at the large crowd cramming at the front door. He knows that Music bank attracts a lot of audience, but it was still something else to look at it in person. 

"Well, most are here for Music bank. I bet there would be some people who have come here just to see you. Your fans!"

"My fans?!"

"Yeah, let's go in now."

Lee Hyun patted his shoulder and they started walking again. What he said was really true as there were many people who were shouting Minyuk's name when they reached closer. 

"Minyuk oppa!"

"You are so handsome!!"

"Please give me your autograph!"

Hearing those cheers and screams made Minyuk stunned. He wasn't able to think of a befitting reply to all this.

At that moment, Kim Dongsu hurried him.

"Just wave your hand and keep walking. The security would block the people from getting close. Just don't stop!"

Minyuk nodded and started waving his hand.

The crowd cheered more seeing that and with the help of the security personnels assigned at the entrance, they were able to easily get in.

"It's sure was hectic."

Lee Hyun muttered and slowly shook his head. The crowd was already going crazy. He wondered how it would be during the live broadcast.

"I never saw this many people together at one place."

Minyuk, who was still in a bit of daze murmured and Lee Hyun replied,

"Get used to it. You would face more people on the stage."

"Y-yeah!"

The three of them quickly walked along the narrow hallway. Doors were spread along the hallway and all of them were waiting rooms.

The room assigned to Minyuk was the third one from the last.

"It's big..."

Minyuk looked around the room and said. He put his guitar case down and started touching around the room. 

He was like a kid who was introduced to a new toy for the first time.

"There's even a small fridge!"

"Haha, It may feel like a big room, but it's still one of the medium sized waiting rooms."

Kim Dongsu said with a laugh.

In these types of broadcasts, the waiting room assigned to the artist also speaks of the popularity of the artist.

The most popular person gets the biggest room.

"I can't even imagine a bigger room."

Minyuk said as he scratched his head. At that moment, Lee Hyun tapped his watch and opened his mouth. 

"We don't have time to waste. Let's quickly hand out all the CDs."

"Yeah, we can relax for a bit after that."

Kim Dongsu also added and the three of them left the room to greet the other artists who were here in their respective waiting rooms. 

It was like a tradition in which the new or unpopular singers hand out their album CDs and greet the more popular artists. 

It was compulsory to do it otherwise Minyuk would seem disrespectful and arrogant.

* * *

At the same time, in one of the waiting rooms of the program K-pop fest, 

"Jihun, are you ready?"

Jihun's manager who looked like a fat chicken entered the waiting room and asked. 

"I'm ready."

Jihun said as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was wearing a black jacket with lots of makeup on his face. He admired himself in the mirror and spoke.

"I'm going on last, right?"

"Yeah, we have a lot of time. Let's go and distribute the CDs till then."

His manager said, waving the album in his hand, but Jihun shook his head. 

"No, I don't want to go and bow before other people."

"J-Jihun, you would be known as disrespectful if you did that. You are still a newbie singer and it's better not to-"

"Shut up!"

Jihun shouted and his manager quickly shut his mouth. Jihun didn't look like he would listen to him anyway, but still, it was his job as a manager.

"Jihun, if bad rumours spread because of this, then the CEO would be in trouble."

"I don't care. He also won't care after my album reached the top in the music charts."

Jihun said with immense confidence.

He has faith in the intense marketing done by CEO Jo. There was no way anyone would be able to beat him now, especially Minyuk.

At least that's what he thought!

"Jihun-"

"Stop it or I will get angry! By the way, that Minyuk is starting first, right?"

"Y-yeah, Kang Minyuk is the opening singer of Music bank today."

Both Music bank and K-pop fest were live music broadcasts. That means Minyuk would soon start his performance. 

"Good. I want to see how good a third rated bar singer can sing!"

25