Volume 1. Chapter 7.
427 30 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a fluffy chapter, don't take everything seriously! FLUFF is FLUFF!

Also, why are you still reading, when I write bad stuff?

Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou (Just placing it here, since I spend sleepless nights writing this stuff...)

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB (my custom yuri bot is there, enjoy the yuri pleasure.)

Magic of Arteria Volume 1. Reunion Arc

Chapter Seven.


It was early in the morning, I felt something heavy on my stomach. It was like several bricks laid on top of your stomach, opening my eyes. A girl was sleeping on top of me, a tiny black-haired girl.

 

“Who?” I asked in a quiet tone. I couldn’t clearly see the girl; everything was still foggy.

 

After I asked, the girl got up, rubbed her eyes before looking at me with her head tilted to the side. Rubbing my eyes, the girl’s figure became clearer. Diamond Eyes, a small nose. A name came to mind, Hikari.

 

“Hikari, are you awake already?” I questioned while placing her on the free space between Alina and me as she nodded in response.

 

“You are quite the early bird huh,” I giggled before she buried her face into the pillow, as per her usual way of hiding her face from embarrassment. She looked adorable, almost like a plushie. I wanted to squish her tightly but restrained myself.

 

“Do you want to take a bath?” I inquired, not a second after I inquired. Her left eye peeked out of the pillow, looking at me as she nodded.

 

I wish she would talk instead of gestures, well. It doesn’t matter, as long as she is still adorable. Time will allow her to be more comfortable with us, unlike her. I was taken in by Mom very early on. I wonder if I have to take a leave from school for a week to have her details registered as well as enroll her in a school I know and go shopping for clothes.

 

“Haa, too many problems.” I sighed before looking at Hikari with a wry smile, her face was confused. It’s best if I place those thoughts away, for now, thinking too much would only bring more problems.

 

Grabbing Hikari from the bed, I walked towards the wardrobe, grabbed two towels, and some dresses before closing it and walking to the bathroom. The wardrobe still contained dresses from when Alina and I were still young, they were bought mostly by Sister Kathlyn.

 

Judging from the sizes, they should fit Hikari well. I hope… otherwise this would be fairly troublesome considering how cold the room is with the air-conditioners turned on at maximum speed.

 

Inside the bathroom, I gently placed Hikari down on the floor, taking off the dirty old clothes she wore before revealing her soft, cream-white skin. It was as I had expected from the Frost Body, not a single scar would be left behind.

 

From there, I cleaned her up with some water, placed shampoo on her hair, and soaped her up with the same soap I always use before placing her in the bath. The waters in the bathtub are automatically heated up at a fine temperature through the revolutionary technologies over the decades.

 

During the whole process, Hikari simply looked at the room with curious eyes. She was still a child; it is understandable she was curious about everything. I wonder if her orphanage also had a bath, from what I heard, the corrupt orphanages never cared about the children.

 

“I’ll be there, really quick,” I said while undressing before cleaning myself up and entering the bath with her, where the two of us stared at each other for a few moments. It was silence, an awkward one. The two of us had nothing to talk about.

 

I was getting annoyed by the silence and decided to ask, “Are you okay going outside today, we’ll buy you some clothes if you want?”

 

In response to my question, she tilted her head for a few seconds, nodding in agreement which made me happy. I was expecting her to reject the offer and say something about clothes being too expensive.

 

“Do you have any clothes you want to wear, how about toys? Are there any toys you want to buy, or snacks?” I asked while combing her hair from behind as she shook her head.

 

“I don’t need toys,” she answered in a timorous voice.

 

“Are you sure, I can buy you as many toys as you want,” I said before she looked at me and shook her head while pouting.

 

“I don’t like toys; I am no longer a kid!” she said adorably.

 

“Fine, we’ll not get you toys then. Do you have anything you want to buy later?” I asked before she tilted her head for a second.

 

“Nothing,” she answered, which worried me.

 

Is this girl not selfish at all or is she simply stopping herself from asking? I clearly saw her being interested in something for a second there unless my intuitions are fooling me.

 

“Is that so, then we’ll find something you might like on the way, then,” I patted her hair as she nodded in response.

 

After our little talk, we stayed in the bath for a few more minutes before I got out of the bath first, dried myself with the towel, and used the towel as a cover before grabbing Hikari out of the bath and drying her off.

 

After she was completely dry, I covered her with a towel and walked out of the bath where I dolled up her up, dressing her up with my favorite dress from childhood and combing her hair into a braid. Her hair was perfect, it wasn’t too long and wasn’t too short. In the meantime, I also dressed up myself with a floral white one-piece dress.

 

The dress also fitted her well, it was a simple dress. A pink one with strawberry design, it was my favorite dress. According to Sister Kathlyn, the dress only cost about 40 Talis which is considerably cheap. But it’s not the price that mattered, but the meaning behind it.

 

“Do you like it?” I asked before she turned around and smiled an angel.

 

I was blinded by the dazzling light around her, amazed and surprised. I hadn’t anticipated her smile; it was bright enough to foreshadow everything around her, the purest kind of smile from a child.

 

As I stared at her with amazement, all of a sudden, she tilted her head, looking at me with confused eyes. Her eyes were like a bubble, crystal clear, and adorable.

 

“Do I look bad?” she asked while looking down with disappointment. My heart broke into pieces, I felt like I had done something bad. Guilty, my heart was guilty.

 

“No, you looked too good! It fitted you well, do you want it?” I hugged her tightly, she was warmer than yesterday and smelled much better, like lilies.

 

“But… isn’t it expensive?” she asked in a mindful tone, inside I could feel she wants it but is afraid to accept it. I felt angry, not at her, but at the orphanage that rose her after her parents died.

 

“Don’t worry, it doesn’t fit me anymore. It would be much better if you wore it, otherwise it would be dusty and only be thrown away after,” I said while patting her hair from behind.

 

We only met for hours, yet I felt like I have been with this girl for years, despite the lack of knowledge I have over her. I understood this child had gone through a lot as a child, a lot of which I never experienced, my heart felt like spoiling her endlessly.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror, smiling like an idiot. I don’t understand why I felt a resonance with this girl, nor did I understand why I wanted to take this girl in, I tried making excuses over why keeping her powers away from the enemies but that isn’t really an appropriate excuse.

 

“How about we go down and eat for now, what do you want to eat?” I asked, releasing her from my hug, looking at her with a smile.

 

In response to my question, she tilted her head, shaking it after. I was once again puzzled over what she had meant, does she not want to eat?

 

As I was deep in thought, wondering what her gesture meant. All of a sudden, she opened her mouth, answering the question inside my mind, “I don’t need to eat… back in the orphanage, we weren’t able to eat anything until night.”

 

I felt pained, hearing her answer. It felt like a stab inside my heart, they weren’t able to eat until night! Isn’t that cruel, a child, one that is growing, not being able to eat even the three basic meals?! Has this world gone crazy…?

 

My mood turned gloomy; are all officials this corrupt? I can’t stand it! My heart was in pieces from her answer, I couldn’t stand it anymore. I took my phone from the table, opened my contacts, scrolled down until I found the contact with the name “Vice President Ansel”.

 

Pressing on the contact, a ringing sound came out from the phone’s speaker before a white-haired man’s figure appeared on the screen.

 

“Pre-president, is there something wrong?!” the man asked, sweating nervously as he wore pajamas.

 

“I want you to find all abandoned orphanages around the country, buy them all, and rebuild them. Also, find me a good elementary school for a child of this height, take a billion Talis from my savings for the orphanage project. That should be enough, right?” I asked while showing a picture of Hikari.

 

“A billion Talis is fifty times more than enough, President! What are you going to do with all those orphanages, is there something profitable coming about orphanages? And also, when did you have a child?!” he asked.

 

“Too many questions, finish the job and I’ll boost your salary by 1 percent after,” I said before ending the call, hugging Hikari tightly.

 

“Now, let’s go eat, shall we?” I asked before she nodded in response, the girl was smart, but not smart enough to understand the command I sent, I wasn’t just doing it for Hikari though but for my selfish wish as a child adopted from birth.

 

Taking my hand, she jumped off the stool, landing on the ground like a pulp before looking at me with a nod. A chickling was the best description of her, though she still isn’t as chubby as one.

 

The two of us soon walked out of the room, leaving Alina, who was still suspiciously fast asleep on the bed, it felt strange for me. Alina is supposed to be the girl who always wakes up earlier than me, I wonder if she ate too much.

 

I would love to ask her to come with us, but I’d rather not disturb her sleep, the last time I disturbed her sleep. I got slapped really hard in the face for no reason, it was the hardest slap I took in the face, I was traumatized since then.

 

“Can you wait there while I cook something, you can play with my phone if you want. I should have plenty of games installed on it,” I said after placing her on a chair with my phone on the table, she looked at my phone for a few seconds before nodding in response.

 

“Good girl, I’ll be back real quick. Don’t worry,” I said while walking towards the kitchen which had its lights turned off, the kitchen was only illuminated by several strips of energized light strips at night to keep the electricity bills down.

 

Pressing on the button on the wall, the lights turned off with the light strips turning off, revealing a bright white room filled with all kinds of machinery from stoves to custom ovens made for pizza.

 

Opening one of the several fridges, revealed plenty of ingredients from vegetables such as lettuces to poultry such as eggs and bread. I am not a chef myself, only Alina really knows how to cook in the house. I can only make the basic dishes which is what I am going to make.

 

Taking a pack of high-quality bacon and some fresh eggs, I closed the fridge and walked over to the stove, taking a medium-sized pan and heating it up, placing 1 tablespoon of oil onto the pan and waiting for it to heat up as I grabbed four fresh plates from the drawers.

 

It didn’t take long for the pan to be heated, once it was heated. I placed several slices of bacon onto the pan as it started frying it. I wished I could have made smoked bacon, but I don’t know how to operate the machine for it, I was heavily spoiled by Alina and Sister Kathlyn.

 

After two minutes had passed, I flipped each bacon to its back and waited for another two minutes before flipping it over, placing it onto a plate after. I also wanted to make dry-fried slices of bacon instead, since I heard it was healthier but I am bad at cooking.

 

Turning off the stove, I washed the pan once again. I wanted to switch to another pan, but it was too much of a waste, once the pan was clean. I placed it over the stove once again, all these frying pans were of high-quality belonging to one of my silverware companies.

 

Grabbing a small ramekin bowl from the drawer, I cracked the eggs there before heating up the frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil on it, after a few moments of heating up. I slowly added the egg to the pan, before covering it with a glass lid as I waited for it to cook perfectly.

 

While waiting, I went ahead and grabbed a skillet and repeated the same steps over again for another egg before two and a half minutes passed as I opened the lid of the other pan, turning off the stove and moving the egg onto a plate, seasoning it with salt and pepper after.

 

Another two and a half minutes passed and I repeated the same steps for the other egg, seasoning it with something softer for children. I don’t know too much about children’s taste, my taste from childhood was more mature according to Sister Kathlyn but I believe children like sweeter food.

 

After placing the egg and seasoning it on the other plate, I went ahead and placed several scoops of rice onto the plates. The rice was cooked automatically by an automaton we have in the house, at these times it is usually cleaning the garden. The rice was bright white and was still hot.

 

Finishing up, I placed all the plates in a tray where I carried them into the dining room, noticing Hikari playing on my phone from the sounds the game was playing, I identified the game she was playing.

 

She was playing a puzzle game which became famous two years ago, it was called Sweet Candy Crush which was a game I don’t really understand, but I only installed it on my phone to play it in my free time but never got to play it.

 

“Are you done playing, the food is ready,” I said while placing the tray on the table, arranging the plates in their order. The plates had only a spoon and a fork, it is too risky to hand a child a knife to eat.

 

Sitting down on the chair next to her, I moved it slightly closer before seeing her playing the game with a bright smile. She was too focused onto the game, to the extent that she didn’t notice nor heard me.

 

I was shocked, she could play way too well in the game. From the corner of the screen, she was already at level 76 which is an incredible feat for someone who hasn’t played the game, like me. The last time I had actually played the game was never, I only registered and created an account on it.

 

After a few seconds, she cleared the level with a rainbow. It only took her a minute to clear the level, the shock inside me was growing. She wasn’t a simple, smart girl but a prodigy, what a shocker.

 

“Good job on the level, you little smarty pants,” I said while rubbing her hair as she suddenly dropped the phone on her dress, surprised as she looked at me with her eyes wide open.

 

“I... I am sorry!” she said while grabbing the phone and handing it to me, I took the phone from her and smiled back.

 

“What is there to be sorry about, if I never saw it with my own eyes. I would never think you were a prodigy,” I said while giggling.

 

I was extremely happy, finding another trait of her and one that could possibly add to my list to use in persuading Mom. Knowing her, she really likes smart children and talented ones. The chances of having Mom accept her is at a good percent now, I was confident.

 

“I… I am not a prodigy, I am dumb,” she replied while burying her face onto my dress, the tone of her voice indicated she was embarrassed. I saw the shadow of myself on her, back when I was complimented by Sister Kathlyn, I also hid behind her.

 

“There, there. Don’t undervalue yourself, you are very smart.” I said while patting her hair before she peeked at me with her right eye, a kitten!

 

“But… I am not smart,” she said.

 

“Okay, okay. You are not smart, let’s go eat the dishes I made for you before it gets cold. We still have a long day after today,” I said before she stopped burying her face on my dress and nodded.

 

Taking my spoon and fork, I tried slicing the bacon with the fork stabbed onto it and the spoon slicing it, only being able to slice it after a few painstaking seconds. As I was slicing the bacon, a painful stare came from my side. It was then when I realized, she still hasn’t learned how to eat with a spoon and fork.

 

I looked over her, only to be surprised. She was holding the spoon and fork in their proper location, and not only that, but she was also slicing the bacon similar to how I did it. I never taught her how to use the spoon and fork, where did she learn it?

 

After some time, she managed to cut a piece of the bacon before looking at me with her head tilted to the side, I had realized once again, she was learning from my movements.

 

“After slicing the bacon, you also have to slice the egg before eating them with rice, like this,” I said, slicing the egg and stabbing them with my fork before eating them up with rice, chewing them and gulping it all before looking at Hikari who also followed suit.

 

Her way of doing it was adorable, she had a few mistakes over there, but it can be ignored for now. The results were enough, she was able to eat. That was enough for me, being able to see her grow.

 

“Did I do well…?” she asked after gulping the meal, her eyes looked worried. I felt like she was too conscious, I wonder if she saw something she wasn’t supposed to see on my phone or realized something when I was talking on the phone.

 

“You did well, very good,” I said, hugging her tightly before releasing her and standing up from my chair as she looked at me confused.

 

“I’ll go get some drinks for the two of us, you wait here, okay?” I asked before receiving a nod as a reply, walking over to the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of fresh milk from the fridge and some plastic cups from the drawers.

 

The plastic cups were the ones we used back in our little days when Sister Kathlyn was still afraid of us breaking the glass cups. The cups were adorable, the designs to be exact. They were strawberries!

 

After grabbing all I needed, I walked back to the dining room and placed them on the table, filling each cup with some fresh milk and handing a cup to Hikari who stretched her neck, looking at the inside of the cup curiously.

 

“Are you curious over what drink that is?” I asked before she nodded in response.

 

“That is a drink called fresh milk, it comes from cows. They are really delicious and healthy, especially for children like you, you should try it.” I said while sipping on it before she looked at the cup curiously, taking it with her hand while slightly trembling before sipping on it.

 

After a few seconds of sipping, she placed the cup on the table before letting out a loud burp, hiding her face in my dress once again in embarrassment.

 

“You don’t have to be embarrassed; you were very adorable! You managed to drink it all in one sip, that’s good! Do you want more?” I asked before she peeked out and nodded.

 

Her body movements were incredibly cute, too much for my heart to be honest. If I become careless, my heart might explode from the cuteness. I can hardly breathe from how cute she was, was I looking at a kitten?

 

Filling the cup once again with fresh milk, she drank it all before letting out another burp causing me to chuckle. I wonder if she has an allergy or a chemical reaction that makes her burp every drink.

 

“Let’s not drink too much without eating, okay?” I said before her head moved up and down for a few seconds, as she took up her spoon and fork and started eating. A smile blossomed on my face, as I stared at the adorable fluff ball in front of me before taking my spoon and fork and eating together with her.

 

The two of us ate our meals happily for about thirty minutes, I also talked to her about our plans for today which includes enrolling her into a school, purchasing her daily necessities, and more. I don’t know if she understood what they all meant, but I got a nod in response to all of them.

 

After we finished eating, I cleaned up the table, washed the dishes for a few minutes, letting her play on the phone in the meantime, before placing some perfume on her as I wrote down a note for Alina on the table.

 

“Are you ready to go?” I asked while looking at her who was carrying an adorable strawberry bag behind her, I decided to let her bring my old strawberry bag which was still in very good condition. The bag contained some safety measures in the case she suddenly gets lost which I hope won’t happen.

 

Jumping off the tiny step, she nodded in response while walking towards me like a fluff ball, she was, after making sure she didn’t fall. I turned the pink supercar’s engines on by using the remote key and opened the door to the passenger seat where I carried her to the seat, tightened her seatbelt.

 

“You can play with my phone for the whole trip if you want. There are more games there you can play.” I said while rubbing her head before closing the door to the passenger seat as I walked over to the driver seat and looking out of the balcony window where Alina stood there, waving her hands.

 

“You better come back with a good reason after! And also, don’t forget to bring me some souvenirs!” Alina shouted from the balcony as I smiled at her before entering the driver’s seat, tightened my seatbelt, and pressed down on the acceleration pedal as the car slowly accelerated out of the gate.

This is a fluffy chapter, don't take everything seriously! FLUFF is FLUFF!

Also, why are you still reading, when I write bad stuff?

Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou (Just placing it here, since I spend sleepless nights writing this stuff...)

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB (my custom yuri bot is there, enjoy the yuri pleasure.)

 

Would you guys rather...
  • Truck-kun Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stabbed Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hugged to death? Votes: 4 100.0%
Total voters: 4 · This poll was closed on Sep 20, 2020 11:17 PM.
20