Volume 1. Chapter 16
67 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magic of Arteria Volume 1. Eden Arc

Chapter Sixteen.


After the short phone call, I sat down on the floor, looking at the streets with my right hand gripping the phone tight. The news was surprising if I have to say, after all, the school was the last place I would expect them to attack, knowing the RSA, they probably already have infiltrated the school by now.

 

“Just when I expect my life to become brighter,” I sighed before standing up as I walked back inside the shop where Alina and the others were waiting on the bench, Alina and Leanna were both discussing with the woman about the colors of the uniform.

 

Looking towards my direction, Alina waved her hand while asking, “Dear, do you have any color preferences for the uniforms?”.

 

I sat beside them while tilting my head in confusion, “Doesn’t the school provide the colors for the uniforms themselves, the last time I entered the school, the uniforms were all of the same colors.”

 

“In the past, they used to enforce a unified color scheme for their uniforms, but ever since the new headmaster of the school took over; that policy has since been overruled, allowing us to customize only the accents of the uniforms to our liking.”

 

“Most students who chose us to make their uniforms tend to pick either gold, or pink since they symbolized beauty, and power. And it was considered the norm for children to pick those colors if the three of you agree, then we can go with the famous picks instead,” the woman suggested.

 

Resting my head on the back of the bench, I looked around the store for color ideas; there were many colors that look nice, indigo for example, looks nice, but the uniforms are dark blue which makes indigo the worst choice.

 

As I was looking around, a particular dress caught my sight; the dress was that for prom, it looked as what you expected, except the color of the dress was of a gradient which looked beautiful, looking back at the woman, I asked, “Do you accept gradient-colors?”

 

In response, she nodded with a professional smile, replying: “We accept gradient color orders, with an extra 200 Talis fee per color, and a 300 Talis fee for the mixing for each uniform.”

 

200 Talis for each color, and a 300 Talis fee for the color mix; that is cheaper than I expected, in particular, the Angelina Group asking price for each color is about five thousand Talis which may sound overprice, but for the quality of the dye used and etc. it is a bargain.

 

“We’ll take it then, I would like a gradient of blue and frost white for the first half of the uniforms, and for the other half, that will depend on her selection,” I said while looking at Leanna who was surprised before replying, “I’ll go with a sunset gradient.”

 

“A winter gradient color style and a sunset style, do you mind if I show the three of you a few samples first before we start working on the uniforms? It may take about an extra five to ten minutes for each sample, we could send them digitally, but the colors may look weaker because of digital limitations.” She inquired.

 

“We don’t mind, though, is it fine if we come back here after a few hours instead? We have some other more errands to do,” I asked before she smiled, “It’s fine, we’ll prepare about fifteen samples in the meantime then, the final price will be decided after.”

 

“Well then, do you mind if any one of you sign this paper with your details and signature, so we can register your order onto our network?” she asked while taking a paper from somewhere.

 

Taking the pen and paper, I looked over the form which asked for my basic information such as an address, phone number, name, and signature which was the universal form for most shops that allows delivery, even the Angelina Group uses the same form.

 

After filling up all the details, and signing the signature field at the very bottom, I handed the paper as she looked over it and smiled, “It seems like you are Angelica, I didn’t notice our customers this time was one of the few loyal customers; the two of you have grown really beautiful these days.”

 

I frowned my eyebrows, looking closely at her as I try to remember who she was, before giving up as I asked, “Excuse me, but I don’t seem to remember you…?”

 

She smiled before handing a business card with her details as she replied, “It’s normal, back then, I was only a simple assistant to the manager; in the case of emergencies, please contact me through my phone.”

 

The business card was a simple black card with a golden silhouette of a dress, on the paper were all her contact details, her name, the business address, and her business number; her name was Silicia Hervald which was a name that doesn’t ring a bell to me.

 

“Well then, thank you for your continuous patronage! Hope you enjoy your day; we will contact you through your phone number once the samples are ready. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me through the phone number!” she said before winking as she left.

 

Turning my attention back to Alina, who was giving Hikari a nice lap pillow on her beautiful thighs, I smiled at them before asking, “Which restaurant do you four want to eat? No budget limitations for today.”

 

“Who said no limitations, I won’t allow you to spend more than a hundred thousand Talis this time…” Alina interrupted with her eyes glaring poisoned icicles, “What do you mean this time…? I haven’t spent more than a hundred thousand Talis on food this week!”

 

“Are you sure, how about we check about all your transactions through my phone?” Alina smiled as I felt shivers on my spines, “Uhh… that was by accident! I only wanted Hikari to taste the goodness of food! Good food comes with a price, after all!”

 

“Enough of your puny excuses, dear… we’ll be going to May’s restaurant this time; I already contacted her while you were gone,” Alina said while combing Hikari’s hair as she played with her phone, peeking at Leah at times.

Out of the blue, Leah shouted at Hikari, who was poking her cheeks with Alina’s phone laying on her stomach, “Hii-chan, what are you doing?”, in response, Hikari looked at Leah and replied, “You have fluffy cheeks.”

 

Once more, I felt like facepalming from how this child acts, pinching her cheeks as I scolded her, “Hikari, always mind your manners! How many times do I have to tell you that?!”

 

She looked at me with a pout, refuting as she tried to stop my hand, “But she does have fluffy cheeks! I want to poke them a lot!”

 

Siiighhh, what am I going to do with you…? Do you know that can be counted as an insult to someone, and also, you have fluffier cheeks than her! Would you like it if I poke at you this hard because you have fluffy cheeks?” I asked while poking both of her cheeks with my index fingers, “Naw! Thwt hwrts!”

 

“See what I mean? It hurts right, that's why you should never do such stuff unless you are allowed to! I should probably ask your teacher to embed some manners into your brain…” I sighed before standing up as I looked at Leah and Leanna, apologizing: “Sorry about Hikari's manners again, hope you don't take it to heart!”

 

“Not at all! It’s fine, right, Leah?” Leanna asked while shaking her hands as Leah nodded, “It only stung a little bit, but it was bearable.”

 

I sighed looking at the two, they were kind of, how should I say this? Soft on Hikari, I guess? I would like it if they teach some more manners to Hikari, but I guess I am asking for a lot.

 

“How about we head to the restaurant, for now, I guess the two of you haven't tried May's food yet, am I right?” I said before both Leah and Leanna nodded.

 

“Excuse me, but if you don’t mind my lady, but who is May?” Leanna asked as I smiled, “May is one of mine and Alina's childhood friend, she is younger than us and owns the Fubuki Restaurant if you ever heard about it.”

 

“The Fubuki Restaurant should be that new restaurant which opened around this city and gained popularity for its cheap, while magnificent dishes if I am correct? I thought it was all rumors since the price they were selling was way below the minimum price for the dishes,” Leanna said.

 

“It is true her pricing is very low which surprised me at the start since it was a large bargain, but I guess it’s her way of advertising her cooking skills… I guess, not that I would recommend such a method,” I responded before a loud growl came reverberated around the store, and the culprit this time was surprisingly not Hikari, but Leah.

 

With her eyes shining, Hikari looked at me with a bright smile, “Mama! Leyh is hungry already, let's go eat!”, I looked at her and sighed, “Are you sure it’s only Leah who is hungry, I think you are hungrier than her.”

 

“You don't have to say that… I am hungry though,” Hikari mumbled while pouting as Alina chuckled, “There, there. Dear, you shouldn't bully our little Hikari that much.”

 

“Well, she deserves to be bullied by me until she learns how to control herself from saying rude stuff to others,” I replied as she chuckled, before suggesting: “Anyway, let's not have May wait long… how about we start heading to the restaurant now?”

 

In response to her, everyone nodded with a smile, standing up as Hikari hopped like a rabbit in excitement before another loud growl echoed throughout the store directly coming from Hikari who was rushing to the door while singing names of food.

 

The five of us soon left the store, entering inside the car as we all buckled our seatbelts in compliance to the olden laws before speeding off as we sped around the city with the car roaring like a dragon, after twenty minutes of driving, we soon arrived at the restaurant in question.

 

This time, the restaurant was blooming like a flower; it's old wooden look was now colored in white, the roofs were now blue and the windows were now modernized, the door, in particular, was an automatic sliding door and there were now more seats seen from the outside.

 

Walking out of the car, the five of us were soon greeted by two girls, both of which were familiar to us; the two were close, closer than the last time we've seen them together, one had blue hair with beautiful looks.

 

“Aiya, May… it seems like you managed to capture our student council president, didn't you?” I chuckled before the blue-haired girl, Yui averted her gaze quickly as the other woman, May smiled, “Nothing can escape the power of food.”

 

“It’s been a while as well, Yui… aren't you supposed to be in class today, though?” Alina asked before Yui shook her head, “There are no classes today and the two other days before since the teachers were called to revise this year's curriculum.”

 

“Mama! I am hungry already, stop talking! I want food!” Hikari complained while shaking my hand several times as May looked at her and chuckled, suggesting to us: “How about we head inside for now? It seems like the little girl wants to eat now.”

 

“Mhm, this girl likes to complain a lot,” I said before walking inside as the fresh aroma of food ravaged the insides of my mind, together with a cold breeze that came from the several large air-conditioning units inside.

 

 

7