33: Author’s Letter 1
100 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello everyone,
 
No, this is not bad news. I just wanted to thank everyone for their support so far. To everyone who's recommended this to a friend, added to library, or written a comment, thank you. They're all motivation for me to continue telling this story.
 
It's not easy for a first time writer. When I was only a reader, I never understood the difficulties of being a creator. Reading a chapter may take only a few minutes, but writing it takes hours. Then there's the constant doubt that we all face when starting something new. With every word written, your mind pesters you with many thoughts:
 
'Is this story any good?'
 
'Maybe I'm just wasting my time.'
 
'Will people even read this?'
 
Still, in life you have to take risks.
 
Growing up, I never really enjoyed writing. Now I realize that was only because I never found anything I wanted to write. It was probably seven years ago when I first had the idea to write this story. I wasn't reading web novels back then, but I had read manga since my childhood. That was the format I first visualized this in. However, being western, with no illustration skills, I didn't know of any path to start creating this kind of thing. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, that stopped me from starting this endeavor.
 
Then five years ago, I started reading Asian web novels. At that time, there were really only a few such novels partially translated into English. Now, if there aren't over 1000 completely translated, there are 800. That's not to mention the English originals. It's amazing how far things have come in such a short time. Recently, the web novel industry has grown to a size where a good writer can potentially even make a living doing this if he works hard enough. That was the turning point for me.
 
With Covid halting the spin of the world, I found myself with many more free hours in the day. Suddenly one afternoon, the inspiration hit me that I could write this story as a web novel. I sat down, typed my first paragraph, and from then, I was hooked. Now, here we are. 142 pages out into the world.
 
There's still a very long way to go. We haven't scratched the surface of Joey's story yet. After all, the road to the top is a long and challenging one. Still, I just wanted to get that out there and let you know I appreciate everything. Every little bit of support helps me and encourages me to keep writing this story, and to put the utmost care into every word I type. Thank you everyone for reading so far, and I hope you'll continue with me on this journey.
 
-Samsara
 
-----------
P.S. It's titled as a chapter due to an issue cross-posting in other platforms, just ignore it.
8