Chapter 3 : The Flash Back (3)
116 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mars 23rd, 2018 Starlight Arena, Detroit

The State Championship Finales

Granite Hills High school VS Mountain Oak High School

The arena was packed with fans because it was that time of the year the State Championship finals.

Most of the audience are students how came to cheer their school team and parents how came to see their kid compete with the hope that their child will become an NBA star in the future.

Moreover, besides the parents and the students, there were also college scouts. And their job was to evaluate players talent for college teams to give them scholarships to join their basketball teams.

Meanwhile inside the Locker room of Granite Hills High school

" Mom are you in the arena, the game is about to start," Walker said

" Sorry, Walker I wouldn't be able to make it on time. there is a lot of incomplete work by the supervisor since he was going to watch his son football[American football] game and he just throw all of his unfinished tasks, I would try to make by the second half," Sophia said

"it's okay mom, I know it's hard for you to be here, so don't worry about me, and take care of yourself, it's not that big of a game after all, " Walker said with a gloomy expression on his face.

"I will take care of myself, and I will try to make it by the second half so don't be nervous and go out there and have fun," Sophia said

"Okay, mom I need to go see you at home," said Walker

"Good luck in your match," said Sophia.

The phone call ended Walker was a little down because his mom couldn't make it because he wants to share these moments with his mother since he knows what his mom was put through since the death of his father. His sadness turns to be a ignite to his passion because he wants to win since he wants to help his mother.

Walker didn't tell his mom about the endorsement that he will get if he helps the team win the state championship. Because he wants to give his mum a surprise since the money that he is going to earn from this endorsement will help him and his mom considerably.

Walker rose to a prodigy status after leading his team through the district and regional tournaments and his outstanding performances in the games leading to the state championship final as a freshman.

The door of the locker room opened. Then a middle-aged man enters the room. He was the head coach of The Granite Hills basketball team. His is Peter Parker but everyone calls him, Coach P. He was valued in the high school competition circle. He earned his respect because he won three high school state championship before joining Granite Hills. But his bad-tempered personality and the way he coaches even if it is successful because in his last school because of him burdening the young players lead to the injury of one of the player and it ends his career as a basketball player. And that lead the parents to protest and raise a petition to fire him.

"Boys, I need you to go out there and Give me 120% because I want that championship in our shelf tomorrow " State Coach P

"Yes, Coach" everybody answered in a union.

"Good that you are in good spirit now let's go over the plays once again. We are going to use the fastbreak as our main offensive play. Their bigs(PF, C) are slow so when you get the rebound you have one thing to do is run to the other side of the court. And Walker you are going to facilitate the game to your teammates, as for the defense we are going to use the man to man defense don't let them have it easy contest every shot. that's it for the instruction is there is anything that you didn't understand " explained coach P

"no, Coach" everybody answered at once.

The game goes well in the first half of the game Walker team was winning they were leading by 10 points.

Granite Hills High school 38-28 Mountain Oak High School.

But in the Third Quarter, the Mountain Oak closed the gap to 2 points by the end of the Third Quarter.

Granite Hills High school 42-40 Mountain Oak High School.

After the end of the 3rd quarter, Coach P was fuming with anger.

"What the hell are you guys doing out there are you kidding me you let them cut the lead to two points what happened to the defense you are given them easy baskets. For the last quarter of the game, I want you to cut down the turnovers. Walker what happen to you in the 3rd did you turn stupid what with all those bad passes in that bad defense step up your game guys. Is there any questions " ask coach P

Walker raised his hand and exhaustion written all over his face.

"Enlighten me!" said coach P scornfully.

"Coach I need to rest I'm exhausted I didn't get the chance to take a breather. And because I couldn't keep up with their point guard since they are getting benched then come back refreshed, So I need A break to return to my form then help the team win during the last minutes of the 4th quarter," Said Walker.

"How dare question my coaching you are going to continue this game because I'm the coach here and I make the decisions here also if you challenge my authority I will bench you for the rest of your high school career. you better not question my decision again and go out there and find a way to cut down your turnovers, " told coach P with an angry tone.

"And this is for all of you. you better not question my decisions from here on or your high school careers would be over," Add Coach P

"now go out there and win the match, " said coach P

Walker was drained but hearing that his career will be over if he was to argue with him.

Walker was furious. He was about to erupt, but he swallows his anger since he remembered how his mother went through all the difficulties alone.

Walker gathered all of his remaining strength to continue the game.

Walker carries his team alone in the fourth quarter. He helped them take the lead.

Walker's team was leading by two, but the ball got stolen from his teammate, then the Mountain Oak players score a three-pointer.

Granite Hills lost the lead, now they are is trailing by one point, and there is only time for one more play.

Coach P calls a timeout "this is the last play of the game you should go and score it give the ball to Walker for the last play we are going to use the isolation then drive straight to the basket,"

"yes coach," everybody said at the same time.

The last play there was only 10 seconds remained on the clock.

It was an inbound play for Granite Hills they inbound the pass to Walker he took the ball and waiting for the clock to expire because he only needs 4 s to drive and put the ball in the basketball to win the game.

the clock starts ticking down.

10s

9s

8s

7s

6s

5s

He starts attacking the basket with the last strength he has. He breaks past the player guarding him and jumps to lay it in the basket then the unexpected happened.

0