Chapter 8 : The Flash Back (8)
78 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walker woke up and got ready after having breakfast with his mom they both go to the hospital today was the day that Walker would have his last examination and the decision of him being able to walk again.

Sophia and walker arrived at the hospital, she paused and said to Walker.

"whatever the outcome was your mother is always with you," Sophia said

"Don't worry mom everything is going to be alright, there is still a chance for me to walk again.and if the result was that I would be disabled, that not the end of the world," said Walker with a bright smile brimming with confidence.

He has faith in what the voice in his head said because he knows that if he was to get back on his legs.it's surely the system doing.

Seeing her son smile and his confidence all the worry on her face vanished and replaced with a warm smile.

"OK, let's go," said Sophia

Sophia and walker enter the hospital they headed towards the doctor office.

IN THE DOC'S OFFICE.

After exchanging greetings, and asked if there were any problems troubled Walker in the past month.

"now let's start the examination," said the doctor

Walker nodded his head but his heart starts beating fast there was hope and anxiety in his eyes the nurse arrived helped walker sitting on the bed, the doctor got his rubber hammer to check if there is any reaction from the nerves.

Walker felt that the time that the doctor took to examine him was so long.

The doctor hits Walker's knee if anyone saw Walker's knee they would be sure that it didn't move but the doctor was surprised for the results, and there was a delight in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Walker didn't feel anything and anxiousness start to panic and told himself 'what was I expecting from a voice from my head I think I should go visit Ph.D. to check What's wrong with me,'

The Doctor saw walker worried expression and said"Don't worry, your physical test was a success, after completing your rehab you would be able to stand on your legs once more,"

"success...the examination was successful," Walker was shocked at first but start laughing and tears in his eyes those were tears of happiness because fate didn't turn his back on him.

Sophia heard the laughing coming she came to check on Walker how has multiple reactions. Was this examination success? Or it was failed? She was perplexed about what was happening in front of her.

"don't you worry Mrs. Hamilton the examination was successful and your boy would be able to walk after he finishes his rehab," said the doctor

Sophia her eyes start to get red and tears trickled from her eyes.it was like a heavy burden was removed from her shoulder. Because she loved her son so much and she wasn't ready to accept the fact that her son was going to be disabled. And now that he could be able to stand on his leg once more she was happy but couldn't control her emotion.

"mom I'm going to be fine now so you shouldn't cry okay," said Walker with a little bit of sadness in his eyes. he knows his mother was just pretending to be a tiger, but she was as frail as paper.

"those are the tear of the joy," said Sophia with a smile

After conducting some more exams to see how long will it take for him to be able to walk again.

"It's been a surprise that someone with that level of spine injury to have a chance to get back on his legs you are blessed," said the doctor

"as for the time for the recovery is between 6 months to a year, it's going to be a hard process, " said the doctor

since I got the chance to get back on my legs I would surely not give up no matter how hard it is," said Walker

"I was going to ask what are the chances of me to play basketball again," said Walker

"it's not that good, however, if your recovery was good you could play sports, and I don't know about Playing it professionally," said the doctor

When Sophia heard him ask about basketball, she furrowed her eyebrows.

After their meeting was done and the arrangement for the rehab was completed.

Walker saw his mother was bothered with something but didn't know how to start.

"what's on your mind," said Walker

"eh...about playing basketball again, " said Sophia

"what about it?"Walker was confused about what she was saying

"you better to stop play basketball, I know you love it, but I don't want you to go through this again," said Sophia

Walker was shocked for a moment, but he knew where she was coming from she was afraid that her beloved son will get injured again.

"Injuries are a part of the sports mom," said Walker

He didn't want to be put between his mom and the sport he loved.

"and if that the case then you should focus more on your studies okay," Sophia said it with a stern voice but inside her heart barely could handle it.

She knows that telling him to quit basketball was selfish from her, but for his safety, she would be stern with him.

Walker saw the look in his mother, and he said "for now I will focus on my rehab and studies so let forget this and celebrate,"

Sophia saw her son not telling her what she wanted to hear, she understands it going to be difficult for him to give up so she would just help her son recover and back on his legs first.

"Okay where do you want to do," Said Sophia with a smile

Walker saw his mother smile again he sighed in relief that she didn't pursue that conversation.

"I'm really carving any of dishes that you would make," said Walker with a smile since he heard the news of him being able to walk again he was filled with determination to get back in the court.

"Okay I'm going to cock what you want, "Sophia said

After going back home. Sophia made Walker's favorite dish to celebrate the good news. Then after spending some joyful time with his mother, Walker goes to his room.

"System I have to thank you for your help," said Walker

[if you want to thank me please give the permission,] said the system

"OK send me that window," said Walker

The System sends the window.

Walker clicked accept to give the system the permission he wants.

0