Chapter 9 : The Flashback (9)
82 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Updating the system...]

Walker was confused about what was going on, but suddenly he starts feeling like something piercing his soul.

''What the hell is going on what it hurt so much, and I couldn't control my body oh damn it did I just gut tricked by this damn system did he want to possess my body,'' Walker thought

[10%...40%....50%....60%....70%....80%....90%.....100%]

[The Updating Completed]

After hearing that sound, he regains control over himself, and all that pain that he was feeling was gone just like it was never there.

"Hey System what just happened ?" said Walker with an angry tone in his voice

[The system wasn't connected with you not completely, so the system need an update ] answered the system

"then why the update was so painful didn't you say there wasn't going to be any side effects," said Walker

[oh my bad I forgot to activate the relief mode] said the system

Walker felt that the system was looking at him with disdain and from that Walker know that this system holds grudges.

"okay then now that the system is updated, what are we going to start with," Walker said

[a Hologram Table will show up now you would be able to check everything that I will provide you with] said the system

Walker saw a table with three categories.

-------------------------

Stats / Badges / Gifts

-------------------------

Walker clicked on the stats category, and another hologram appeared.

-----------------------------

[Name: Walker Hamilton]

[height : 6' 2" (1.88 m) ]

[weight : 188 lbs ]

[Position: PG]

[Special Skills: None]

[Condition: Injured/Career ending ]

[Badges: None]

[Level= 0 (Non-Basketball Player/Disable /Injured)]

-----------------------------

Walker start reading the stats .the more he read the more baffled he felt.

"Why the stats not complete," asked Walker

[you have to advance to level 1 to unlock all the advanced stats] Said the system

"okay how do I advance to level 1," ask Walker

[recover from your injury, and you are going to advance to level 1 automatically ] said the system

Walker nodded because the response was reasonable then he thought about how the system helped him to have a chance to walk again, so he decided to ask of the exact time for him to walk.

"system do you have an exact time for when I would be able to walk because in the hospital the estimated time is between 9 months to a year," said Walker

[between six and nine months] Said the system

"what!!!" Walker was surprised by the estimated time given by the system

[I improved your chances of walking, so it obvious that I would help you decrease the time needed for your recovery] said System

"Thanks once again," said Walker

[Will you continue checking the content of the system] Said the system ignoring his thanks

"Oh, Okay I will check the badges next," said Walker

Walker clicked on Badges category he saw that there were a few classes of badges these badges fall into offensive badges and defensive badges.

----------------------

The offensive Badge Categories are:

Outside scoring

Inside scoring

Athleticism

Playmaking

-----------------------

Defensive Badges categories are :

Rebounding

Defense

-----------------------

Walker saw that the badges weren't visible. He knew that it was related to his level, so he didn't ask about why he didn't see the badges.

"what the use of these badges," asked Walker

[ the Badges would help you improve your game, and to earn them you should complete tasks] explain the system

Walker nodded and move to check on the gifts category, and he saw that there was nothing in there.

"What the use of this category"ask walker

[The Gifts section is for the items that I would give you from time to time to help you improve your game] Said the system

"Okay, so what should I focus on right now'' said Walker

[Focus on your recovery, then we will start your journey towards being an NBA All-Time Great] Said the system.

After that six months passed by, Walker worked hard to get back on his legs once again.

His improvement impressed the doctors because after three months of rehab he got on his leg and started using the crutches to help him walk.

Sophia was ecstatic about the news that her son was improving well, and that he was full of vigor, unlike the time when he got injured.

Despite all of this she was worried about Walker's school life because since he was injured aside from the owner of the school and some teachers how had a good impression of Walker.

she saw neither the coach of the team nor his teammates or classmates that made her think about the life of her son beside home and basketball.

Sophia usually asked him about his school life, but he would only talk about basketball.

she was worried about his studies, but Walker's results were good so, she brushed all of her worries, and didn't think about it that much because she never had time to figure out if he has friends or not due to the fact of her working late.

Walker school life was dull because he wasn't a talkative person and didn't communicate with his classmates because he was focused on helping his mom and playing basketball.

So Walker didn't have time to have friends, even his teammates on the basketball team didn't interact with him.

They were jealous of Walker because he stole their spotlight as a freshman, and because their envy of his athletic ability so they start to cast him out.

Also, because of Walker absence whenever the team has a party or celebration after a win, they thought that he was arrogant and that he always founds excuses to not be with them, and that's why when he got injured none of his teammates come to visit him.

Walker paid no heed for all of this because he was concentrating on his recovery to get back on the court one more time.

Meanwhile, the Granite Hills basketball team was in the middle of a lot of rumors.

Two third of the team was changed, and the rumors start circling around that the ones that they were caught drinking alcohol with fake IDs so, the school decided to expel them, and they were replaced by a new freshman that were known as geniuses.

Walker heard about this news, but he was skeptical about it because of how fast they found replacements.

Most of the guys who got expelled had scholarships,and the rumors were not confirmed yet.

Walker brushed all of his suspicions because first, it has nothing to do with him.

Second, those who got involved in this didn't speak about it so the school could have bought their silence to cover what they did so they appear that they didn't expel them just to cancel their scholarships, and to have space to add those young talents.

Third, they didn't voice the injustice they suffer so, it would be due to them not being enthusiastic about the game or, there is some personal reason for them stay silent.

Finally, it didn't concern him because he wasn't expelled although he butted head with the coach in the finals so, he has no reason to talk about it.

-----

Back to the Present

Walker woke up from his sleep he was confused and said to himself

"I had a good night sleep after all that training, but what was with that weird dream it was like I re-watch the past 2 years in my sleep. It was a long ride with Ups and Downs even tough this dream was weird it's a reminder to me of how I got back on my legs once again. now that I recovered from my injury the Sky is the Limit,"

0