Chapter 10 : The Dilemma
92 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Walker woke up, he took a shower then went to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast for him and his mother.

Today was a special day for Walker because it was the day of the last physical test, and he will be cleared after it.

The Month before the physical test was like a decade for Walker.

He was excited because he knows that he will be cleared, and there is a lot of work to do for him to get back on form.

When Sophia woke up and saw her son preparing breakfast for her.

She was glad that her son is happy, but she was worried that her son would overwork himself.

'' why are you up so early the physical test will be a 10 am'' said Sophia

''I always wake up early its nothing new, so I figured out that since today is a special day, I would make you breakfast " said Walker earnestly

Sophia saw her son eyes brightly and like when he was waiting for his presents at Christmas.

Sophia sighed after remembering that the last Christmas she and her son celebrate was when walker's dad was alive.

''ok let's eat'' Sophia said lovingly

After finishing their breakfast, Sophia headed towards her work while Walker went for a run before going to the hospital for his Physical test.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Walker knocks the door of the doc's office.

''Enter '' said the doc.

''Hi Doc how are you ?'' said Walker

''I'm good, are you excited about today ?'' said the doctor

''yes I'm this last month was like a decade to me'' said Walker

''Good, are you this exited because you are going to play basketball after getting cleared'' said the doctor

Walker's face froze.

''Did you think you could hide it from me? it's may not be apparent to your mother, but I was keeping an eye on you during the process of your recovery, and the way you were rehabbing wasn't like you just want to get back on your legs, but you want to regain your athleticism once again'' said the doctor

Walker was speechless how the doctor knows about his plans just from the way he was rehabbing.

Walker's rehab was intense even if he was fatigued, and exhausted he would do his rehab schedule multiple time.

Walker exhausted himself during rehab because he was eager to get back on the court and he never told anyone about what in his mind but he was caught because of the way he was training.

'' I didn't stop because that eagerness and willpower helped you magnificently, but about basketball...''said the doc before Walker interrupt him

''What about Basketball'' Walker was anxious not about his ability to play basketball because the system already raises his chances of being able to play basketball.

What was he anxious about is the doc telling his mother about what he was planning to do.

'' As I told you before the chances of you to come back to the court again and play professionally is slim because if you get another back injury then even walking is impossible.

It was already a miracle that you are now able to walk so this is my advice to you there is a lot in this world for you to see, so don't be fixed on just one dream.

I know that you're nervous about me telling your mother but I already told her the chance and consequence of you playing basketball last time and I think she talks to you about it'' said the doctor

Walker noded because he didn't know how to respond to the doctor.

There was a conflict in Walker's head about what he should do continue playing basketball or not because he knows if his mother knew about this she would mad at him and he didn't want to see his mother unhappy.

''walker it is not bad to have a dream to chase but when that dream could have consequences that you couldn't bear or it could affect the people around you should start considering your dream once again'' said the doctor

''Thanks for the advice doc I will try to think about what you said'' said Walker

''Now that is out of the way let do your physical exam '' said the doctor

After the physical exam, everything was good so, Walker was cleared, but the expression on his face was of someone that will die next month.

The doc saw Walker's expression and knew that Walker is forced to chose between two paths.

The first one is him continuing his pursuit after his dream, and this is a high*risk high reward path.

Moreover, Walker choosing this path is a gamble and could go both ways walker succeeding, and reach his dream or the pressure will break him, and he will realize that he was never meant to be a basketball player, and it will be too late to regret his decision.

As for the second one is the healthy path, and Walker could have a normal life after, and this path will have the mother he loved to be at ease.

'kid you are now in front of two ways one is different than the other.

If you give up on the dream that you are chasing, then you hadn't believed in your goal.

So, it's better to give up early, however, if you chose to continue to pursue your dream you may face setbacks but, you will be in the top of what you dreamed for,'

thought the doctor while looking at the back of the kid who is facing a problem that is way bigger than his age.

On the way home walker brain was processing fast, he didn't know what to do even though he decided to continue basketball if he stands on his leg once again.

now he was hit by another reality and that he decided to play basketball in the first place to help his mother earning money, and to see her smile but he started to fall in love with the game without him knowing now that basketball was a source of agony to his mom should he just give up.

Meanwhile, Walker still in deep thoughts of how he would face this dilemma a sound in his brain was heard.

[ding !!! the host level is up by 1]

0