Chapter 14 : The Decision (3)
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside her room, Sophia just calmed down after what just happened and the shock that she just received, because this was the first time that Walker refuses any of her requests.

She doesn't want to be the obstacle between him and, his goal but she is a mother after all.

After witnessing what happened to her husband, she is afraid that any injury could take her son's life away from her.

While she was debating with herself she remembered that Henry her husband friend was a reason for her son decision and, decide to call him asking for an explanation.

Meanwhile, Henry was in his Home, and he heard his Phone ring, and when he saw that the caller was Sophia, he knew that her son told her about his decision, and told her about the story that he told him.

« Henry I need an explanation, » said Sophia with impatience on her voice.

« About what ? »replied Henry.

« Are you kidding me now? » said Sophia and annoyance in her voice.

« Okay Is it about Walker, » said Henry

« ... » Sophia didn't respond.

Henry felt like she was staring at him.

« you know he always comes to work a part-time job here so, he asked for a piece of advice because he was hesitant between continuing playing basketball or quitting, » said Henry

« What Walker work a part-time job? » Sophia spoke with a shock on her voice.

When Henry heard her he knew that he messed up, Walker didn't tell her about him working a part-time job.

« Yeah he starts working a month ago,» answered Henry

« Why didn't you tell me?» Sophia was feeling betrayed

And though to her self 'was she this useless that her son needs to work a part-time job to cover his own needs.'

« He didn't want you to know, and he was planning to work part-time just for the summer break, so don't beat yourself down about it, and most of the kids nowadays work part-time jobs in their vacation, »said Henry trying to console her.

« Forget About it now, why did you tell him about that story didn't I Warn you before, » said Sophia

« Why wouldn't I tell him about his father glory days, Moreover I didn't tell him that the story was his dad 's, he thinks it's mine »answered Henry.

« I'm going to let past now but if you dare to tell walker anything about John Football career because I have a lot of stories that your daughters may want to hear »Sophia threatened.

Sophia didn't want Walker to know about that his father football career just to keep a good picture of his father in his mind not the reckless that doesn't care about his life.

« Okay I wouldn't tell him anything about it again, but you should let him decide his future he is not the kid anymore he could take his own decision and bear the consequences so let him chose his path,» said Henry

Henry knows that Sophia emotionally isn't stable now so he couldn't risk his image in front of his daughters, because he knows that his friend may have told her some of their embarrassment stories during college.

« I don't care he is still a kid in my eyes, and I don't want him to be in danger, »said Sophia even though deep down she knows that what Henry said is right but, she still couldn't accept that fact.

«beep..beep »Sophia ended the call.

Henry sighed and said inwardly 'this quit the family you have John all of them are stubborn as you.'

Next Morning Walker woke up then have a shower and start preparing breakfast for him and his mother but, his mind was absent because he still thinking about what happened last night and the way his mother react to his decision he felt pain in his heart.

After a while, Sophia woke up and she was having a hard time because she didn't know how to deal with this problem, because she knows that her son loves basketball but, every time she thinks of what happens to Walker's dad.

Walker saw his mother exhausted, it seems like she didn't get enough sleep.

Walker was depressed because he was the reason that kept her awake late last night.

« Good Morning, » said Walker with the best smile he could gather

« ... » Sophia ignored him.

« Let's eat, »said Walker not minding that she didn't respond he know that she is angry.

Sophia continues to ignore Walker, then after finishing her breakfast, she went to her work.

Walker Saw his mother go to her work he wishes that she just yelled at him and be angry at him because he could at least handle it but, the silent treatment was a hard punishment for him.

After a while, Walker calmed down then decided to have a training schedule to return to his form.

« System do you have any training schedule to improve my game, » said Walker

[ you should work on your endurance, shooting, and Ball handling for this first week of training] said the system

« Do you Have any training drills that I should be doing for this week? » asked Walker

[For your endurance, You should run 15 miles, then do the following drills.

-Basic Drill: you should Run sideline to sideline for one minute and count how many time you crossed the court and rest one minute. (duration 10 min)

-Half Court Sprint: you should sprint from the baseline to the half court line and return to the baseline. (Repeat 10 times)

-Full Court Sprint: starting at the baseline, sprint to the opposite baseline .you should touch the baseline then return to the starting point. (repeat 5 times)

-Suicides: Starting at the baseline, run to the first free throw line, tap the line with your hand and run back to the baseline. Then run to the half court line. Tap and return to the baseline. Next, run to the far free throw line. Tap and return to the baseline. Finally, run to the far baseline. Tap and return to the starting baseline. (3 times)] explained the system

« Okay » Walker answered with no hesitation because he knew even though the training may be harsh but, it will benefit him greatly.

« Then What about the Shooting and Ball Handling drills, » asked Walker because he already knew the drills of endurance and he was quite curious about the shooting and ball handling drills.

[the Host should complete the endurance drills first, Then I will give you the Shooting and ball handling drills]. Said the system

Walker didn't argue with the system, he also knows that he shouldn't rush training and take it to step by step.

Then Walker went to wear his Sports outfit and then exit the home and start his Training program that was going to be his first steps towards his legendary status.

0