Chapter 01 : Want a Cigarette?
251 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Say, if you like her, just go tell her you like her, what's the worst that could happen?" Derrick asked as he leaned against the wall of the entrance to Free Cloud University, their college.

"Everyone in the class will hold me in contempt saying in a frog trying to eat swan meat, or something like that. Besides, she doesn't like confessions."

Derrick looked away with an 'I see' expression on his face. He straightened up and brushed some kind of his black sports bag.

"If you're to afraid, how about I try to help you? I can take you to a bar and get her drunk, then you guys can sma-"

"Shut up! Your ideas are always horrible! What do I do when the police kick in my door screaming for a rapist?" 

Derrick rubbed his chin as if he were some sage. " It's the law of the world, fortunately I have two girlfriends." Derrick gave Alex a smug smile as he walked off.

"You bastard! Yea, laugh at me because I don't have a girl!" Alex yeller, ignoring the looks of the passing students.

Derrick raised a thumb and Alex wanted to run after him and give him a few kicks. 'I need new friends. Should I swing by the grocery store on my way home?'

He took out his phone and dialed a number. When the caller picked up, he nodded as if he just remembered something.

When an annoyed female voice came from the other end of the line, his questions were swallowed back down and he just smiled wryly.

"Nothing sis, just want to tell you have a good day." His voice was soft, as if he were afraid to infuriate his sister more than he already had.

"If you have nothing to talk about, go do your classes! If you fail don't come crying to me!" With a slightly angry tone, she hung up on him.

'Sigh, why is my sister so mad? I only told her she was getting old? What's wrong with that? At least it isnt my brother.'

He put his phone away and picked up his bag and walked to the campus entrance. 'Should I ride a bus? No, I won't have enough to buy anything at the store if I do.'

He sighed and looked at the bus mournfully. 'I wish I was rich, then I'd just have fun and last around all day.'

"Hey Alex, how about giving us a few dollars?" A youth with name brand clothes and a few boys around him walked over.

"No, I don't want to deal with you today, go try and get with Hana." Alex looked over with a disdainful sneer.

Hearing Alex being so dismissive of him, he frowned as a look of malice flashed in his eyes. Alex didn’t see it and looked over to see Mark walking over.

Stopping a few inches in front of Alex, he smiled and spoke. "Do you need a ride? I can get you back to your residence since I have nothing better to do."

Alex squinted as he looked at Mark is with a critical eye. 'Knowing Mark, he probably wants to entrap me in something troublesome...'

Alex thought for a bit and then nodded. 'At worst, I can just leave should the situation turn messy.' He walked ahead, leaving Mark with his friends.

"Mark, how about we take him out of the city and leave him out there?" A youth with blond hair and slightly gray eyes.

"Yea, if we can get rid of him, I can get even with Derrick without Alex trying to interfere." Mark knew Alex after having clashed with him several times.

He was a person who wouldn't have any problems calling the professors to stop them. It had been a while since Derrick and Mark really went at it.

Both were rich young scions of their respective families, so they clashed with the consent of their family. Alex however had no background, so no one would really care if he was left outside the city.

The two walked to a yellow Lamborghini and got in. Alex looked around in the car, not hiding his curiosity while Mark sneered in disdain.

"I have some business in the outskirts, so I'll be heading over there first, feel free to sleep for a while." Mark said as he started the car.

Soon the surroundings changed from buildings to plains in half a hour. Alex didn’t believe Mark would attempt to jump him outside as he could always call Derrick for assistance.

Alex thus closed his eyes and waited for the car to stop. When it finally did, Alex opened his eyes and saw a winding road disappearing in the distance.

Mark alighted and Alex got out as well. They walked to the back of the car and Mark opened the trunk. As he did so, he took out a wooden sword and struck Alex in the side.

Alex not expecting an attack staggered and fell while Mark closed his trunk and jumped in the Lamborghini and sped off in the direction of the city.

...

Three hours later, the sun had set and the world seemed darker and colder, especially for Alex who had walked several miles without eating anything, and the bit of water he had left would soon be finished. 

'Fuck. When I get back to the city, I'm going to tell Derrick to beat him up. I'd do it if I could, but how would he let me go if I caused him to lose that much face?'

After another thirty minutes, the city in the distance seemed no closer, and he was out of water. He stopped on the side for the road and took a few deep breaths.

Pulling out his phone, he looked and realized he still had no connection. 'Damn phone companies are so stingy, it's not even that far, yet I have no signal?'

He kicked a pebble into the road and was about to continue walking when he heard an engine. He hadn't seen a single car pass by when he was walking, and now that a car was going in the same direction, he could ask for a ride.

Soon a truck came into view, pulling a trailer behind it as it rumbled along. Alex waved a hand while the truck drove, and to his surprise, it slowed down to a stop.

The window came down and a person with their features hidden peered down at Alex. 

"Do you need a ride? What's a kid like you doing out so late at night?" The driver asked as he tapped the steering wheel lightly.

"I got dumped out here after being tricked by a fellow classmate. I can pay for a ride back." Though he said he could pay, he wish he didn't have to.

"It's just a bit of cash, come on around, we can reach the city in half an hour." Alex went around the truck and got in.

Soon the truck started accelerating and the surroundings flashed by as the truck sped up.

"Hey kid, don't you know not to trust people so easily?" The driver asked, and because Alex didn’t want to be rude, he didn't ask the driver any personal questions.

"Yea, but I had to get back to my apartment, I still have homework to do." Alex said while shrugging helplessly.

The driver snickered and shook their head while feeling a bit exasperated.

"Want a cigarette?" Alex watched as the driver reached down and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, however they looked like the cheapest kind.

He shook his head after deliberating for a bit. "I don't smoke, it's bad for your health." He said as he leaned against the cool window.

"Haha, you're right. I have a question, can you come with me somewhere for a few minutes? I can pay you if you want."

Alex's first instinct was to refuse, but the driver kept speaking. "I can pay you ten grand if you come with me, I need to meet someone."

"Why so much for such an easy task? Sounds like it's dangerous to me." As he finished speaking, the driver smiled under their hood and started to tap on the steering wheel.

"It's not that dangerous, however with no risk, there's no reward." The driver was like a devil trying to entrance a human.

"Nah, I'm good. Just drop me at the nearest station." Alex said while an uneasy sensation started to form in his stomach.

"I would, but how could I let such a delicious morsel go?" The driver smiled and reached over and knocked the back of Alex's neck.

Alex felt a sudden weight on his neck and then he lost consciousness. The driver started to whistle cheerfully as the truck entered the city.

"Finally back, it's been a while..."

My bad, it suddenly became gender bender. Sorry for those who dislike such a genre.

 

3