Chapter 02 : An Interesting Person
201 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex groggily opened his eyes while trying to recall what happened. When his memories returned, he grimaced and felt that he should slap himself.

'No matter how shady the driver was, I didn't realize? Why couldn't I just keep walking? Now I'm fucked.' He looked around and found that he was on a mattress laid on the floor.

Around him were concrete walls without the slightest gap or way to escape. 'With the wall being so smooth, I can't do anything, must I sit here and wait for them to come back? Who knows if they're organ harvesters or something?'

Just thinking about the situation made Alex despair. With the vague light that came from somewhere, he could see a door, made of steel and heavy as well, tightly shut.

As if they were waiting for him, the steel door made a clanging sound, and then the door opened. The light which his eyes had yet to adapt to made his pupils dilate, making him unable to see the figure who appeared.

"You're awake? Good, now come along, we have lots to do and so little time." A masculine voice that sounded pleasing to the ears spoke lightly.

Alex wanted to resist, however he couldn't find the slightest weapon. The mattress? What was he going to do? Pummel them to death with a mattress?

He squinted as he climbed the sloping ramp and left the cement room. What met his gaze made him dumbfounded.

The carpets were an offshade of gray, giving the room a slightly dark feel, and the couches and items that littered the room made it clear that he was in a house is some sort.

"I don't know what Master saw in you, but he said you'd be of use, so don't let him down. For your sake of course." Alex finally got a look at the man's face and found that he was extremely handsome, looking like a Greek god carved from marvel by a master craftsman.

Alex's mind blanked as he wanted to ask why the man didn’t become a model. They made a turn and a bright and airy room opened up.

A man sat on a chair with his head down, his gaze focused on paperwork as he tapped the chair with his finger. The man who brought Alex along didn't say anything, but the man who sat down didn't acknowledge the either.

"You can leave Vex, I'll speak to him alone." The man looked up and his handsome face framed his crimson red irises.

Vex gave the man a look and then turned and left without saying anything. Alex looked at the man and couldn't help but feel his heart palpitating.

"You should introduce yourself, and tell me about your life. When your finished, we can move on to other business."

The man said calmly, and when Alex was about to open his mouth to tell him off, he quickly realized that his mouth moved on it's own.

"My name is Alex. I'm from a village in Clear Water, I'm nineteen and in college. I also have two siblings and a few nieces and nephews."

Alex fell silent as the man closed his eyes and nodded. 

"Well then, my name is Zane. I'm six hundred and fifty two years old, and my hobbies include reading and working. As for what I do, you'll learn later."

"Impossible, you don't look a day of thirty. Wait, why would you even choose such a specific number?"

Alex's outburst made Zane smile slightly. "Just because you are ignorant doesn't mean I can't live as long as I have. Let alone six hundred years, I can leave forever unless killed by some means."

"So what, you think just because you wear color changing contacts, that you're a vampire or something?" Alex sneered, trying to use anger to goad the man into losing his composure, however Zane smiled.

"I'm exactly what you said. I'm a vampire. If you don't believe me, I can convince you." With such a sentence, Zane got up and walked over to Alex.

Alex realized he was wearing a suit, a pretty expensive one at that. 

Getting ready to attack, Zane looked at Alex's body which was ready to explode into action when he spoke a single word.

"Stop." Alex felt as if the man's red eyes opened a floodgate of control. Alex's every muscle locked down, freezing him in place.

"So can a human control you like this? Or perhaps you want to see fangs, some blood or rapid healing..."

Zane walked up to Alex and smiled, and as he did so, two teeth quickly extended, looking sharp and glinting with a faint light.

Alex felt his body tense as he now believed Zane. Who else but a vampire could extend fangs and control people so easily?

'So this world still has some mysteries to be solved...' He began to wonder why a vampire would kidnap him, as he was utterly insignificant.

"I brought you here because I want to give you a choice. Work for me, or you can go back home and I'll make you forget this ever happened. You'll also receive ten thousand dollars for the troubkes I caused you."

Hearing Zane say he could leave, he was about to ask to leave when he froze. Truthfully, despite incoming him unconscious, they didn't really harm him.

If he left now, he'd continue to live as an insignificant person, living a boring life. Seeing a new alternative for himself, he strengthened his will.

"I'll work for you, but you can't make me do anything illegal." Alex said and Zane flashed him a smile, without the fangs this time.

"Granted, you'll need to become a vampire first, otherwise it's pointless. Vex, get some human blood bags so we can ensure he doesn't go crazy." Zane spoke softly, and a few moments later, Vex walked in with a cooler.

"Boss, the bags are inside, do you need help or -" Vex asked but then trailed off when he saw the smile Zane was giving him.

It was the same smile he wore when he trained him with weapons, the same smile that made him feel fear.

He smiled awkwardly and spun around and left as quickly as he came. Zane walked over to the cooler, and with his suit, he looked like a handsome business man.

"The process is quite simple. I drain you of most of your blood, and you drink my blood in return. When you wake, you'll never again age, nor catch any diseases humans carry. Perks of the job, don't you think?"

Alex nodded subconsciously and Zane nodded as he crossed the distance between them and grabbed Alex's shoulders.

He moved his head to Alex's neck and with a smooth practiced motion, he bit into Alex's neck. Alex felt the sting of the fangs entering his skin, but soon it was replaced by a giddy numbing sensation.

Alex didn’t realize how much blood Zane had drunk, and was surprised when he pulled away. Before Alex could speak, he bit his wrist and pressed his bleeding wrist against Alex's mouth.

Alex felt cool blood enter his mouth and flow down his throat. Aside from the taste of iron, he couldn't stand the taste.

"You'll remember this and wonder why you didn't find it as tasty before." Zane said softly as Alex felt his eyelids drawing shut.

"Let go. The more you resist, the harder it is for you. Now relax." As if his voice was a divine decree, Alex's body slumped to the floor, however Zane caught his body and placed him on the couch.

...

Alex stood in a red box, similar to the concrete room he was in earlier, except the box was red. His eyes looked around wearily, but he never saw anything until he felt something's breath on his neck.

When he turned around, he saw a breathtakingly gorgeous girl atanding behind him with a playful smile on her face.

"Oh? I thought you would break down instead of turning, you're quite an interesting person."

 

5