Prologue
754 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was currently standing in a world of ice and snow. From as far as I could see, everything was a blanket of white. The flakes of snow that approached me melted before dripping downwards, however my outerwear absorbed everything, keeping me neat and dry.

 

A block of ice? 

 

Different from the surroundings, it was a pitch black block of ice. Seeing it I knew I had reached my goal. I wrapped my hands in qi before reaching out towards it.

 

“Stop!” suddenly the voice of a man sounded.

 

I turned around before sneering, “heh, why should I stop, Ice Emperor.”

 

Even if I die here today, I still won’t let him get this block of ice. Grabbing it, I jumped onto my flying sword before speeding away.

 

The white scenery rushed past me as the frosty air blew against my face. 

 

Without looking, I knew the ice emperor would be chasing after me. However I didn’t care.

 

Soon, we made our way towards the silent sea, the boundary between the cultivation world and the mortal world.

 

Suddenly, 2 figures appeared in front of me. 

 

Huang Longxuan, and Huang Motian.

 

I summoned flames in my hands, while they summoned out their life bound treasures.

 

The flames collided with them in midair causing an explosion, knocking them away. I rushed forward, however it also gave the Ice Emperor time to catch up.

 

Swish

 

Quickly shifting to the side, an ice spear stabbed through my shoulders before flying towards the horizon. 

 

Ignoring the pain, turning around, I reached my hand forward before throwing out a fire bird. It flew towards the ice emperor before causing a large explosion, dozens of meters wide. Using the impact, I rushed forward when I suddenly coughed up a mouthful of blood.

 

Ahh! It was poisoned!

 

Taking a curve south to throw off my pursuers, I took out a medical pill and stuffed it inside my mouth. It quickly dissolved, however I found that not only did it fail to suppress the poison, it made it worse.

 

Placing a hand over my chest, I suppressed the sense of weakness while crossing over the silent sea.

 

___

A vast barren mountain range entered into my sight when I felt I had reached my limits. I guess this is the end of me.

 

Controlling my flying sword, I crashed into a random mountain, causing a large explosion. Although my strength had dropped, my landing had blasted apart a cavern in the process. 

Waving my hands, I collected all of the rubble before placing a set of formations that my junior sister had given me.

 

Afterwards, dragging my tired body, I carved out a tunnel deeper into the cavern before setting up a few rooms. Feeling a little magnanimous, I decided to set up an inheritance before my death.

 

Taking my ring, I threw everything out of it before organizing everything. Of course, I decided to write a quick will. 

 

‘Kill the Ice Emperor.’ 

 

I had started to feel sleepy and tired, although I was about to die, I didn’t really feel sad or fearful. Closing my eyes, I waited for my time to come while memories of life flashed through my mind.

 

A figure of a cute girl, the person who had given me a bunch of formation flags. The two that blocked me for the Ice Emperor, a young man, along with a bunch of more.

 

Finally the figure of a young girl with long pitch black hair that traveled to her ankles with a feather adornment appeared. Her eyes were deep as the abyss, as if they contained an endless amount of secrets and mysteries.

23