1 – Ling Xiao
768 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dong Dong Dong

 

The sounds of something knocking on the door had sounded, along with a terrible stench.

 

Ahhh! Mom!

 

I screamed in my heart, there’s a monster outside. Tears had already formed in the corner of my eyes, however I didn’t dare to cry out.

 

It had been a week since something had been eating the corpse in the nearby grave of the village. The uncle a few houses down had gone to catch the culprit, however he had been missing since.

 

All we found were a blotch of blood, scratch marks, a few tattered pieces of clothing, as well as bones.

 

Dong Dong Dong

 

The pounding sound had gotten stronger, when the door was suddenly slammed open.

 

“Ahh!” Dad’s scream sounded, however it wasn’t a scream of fear. Following that I heard the sound of wood shattering.

 

“Kyaa! Someone save us!” Mom’s voice had sounded as well.

 

Looking out of my blanket, I grabbed the sickle that was used for cutting wheat from the fields before going forward cautiously.

 

However before I could do anything, suddenly, I felt a bit cold, even though it was currently in the middle of summer.

 

The sounds of movements had stopped as well.

 

Shivering, I gritted my teeth before making my way forward. The walls had already formed a bit of frost.

 

I looked into the living room and found a sculpture of a humanoid creature. It was encased in a thin layer of ice, while Dad was currently staring at it with widened eyes. It’s claws were only a centimeter away from his forehead.

However what caught my attention was a beautiful young girl standing in front of the room. Her waist length hair was tied loosely behind her. She donned a pure white set of clothing which didn’t contain a speck of dust formed a stark contrast with the surroundings.

 

It was as if she wasn’t part of this world, someone who had just stepped out of a painting.

 

She snapped her fingers, causing the monster to scatter chunks of it fell and scattered onto the floor. There wasn’t any blood, not that I knew if it would actually bleed or not.

 

“Dad!” as if time had reset, me and Mom ran over towards the man on the ground. 

 

Of course, I was actually too weak to do anything as Mom held his arms before supporting him up. 

 

“I’m okay,” he patted his chest before turning towards the girl standing silently in the room. 

 

“Thank you,” he bowed towards her after making a fist and cupping it with his other hand. Seeing this, I followed Dad when I heard a clear laughter ring against my ears causing me to raise my head upwards.

 

“No worries, consider it a mission success,” she waved her hand at us before laughing again, afterwards she glanced at me before coming forward.

 

Bending down in front of me, she took my wrist before closing her eyes.

 

“What’s your name?” she looked at me, her clear black eyes reflected my image in them.

 

“Ling Xiao, 6 years old.” 

 

She pinched my cheeks before getting up and looking at my parents.

 

“Your daughter seems to have talent for cultivation,” 

 

They showed an expression of happiness, “Miss…” Dad said, however as we didn’t know her name, he couldn’t follow up.”

 

“Su Muqing,” she didn’t make it hard for them before turning towards me.

 

“Do you wish to cultivate?”

 

I nodded, but then my parents came to my mind. I turned to look at them, however they happily sold me off.

 

“Since our daughter agrees, then Miss Muqing is free to take her, in the end, she’ll end up marrying out of the household anyways.” Mom quickly pushed me forward towards the fairy. She reached out before hugging me.

 

A cool and refreshing scent entered my nose.

 

Wuu...this is pretty comfortable… also the fairy smells nice, ah! 

 

““We’ll leave our child in your care!”” Hearing Mom and Dad’s voice, I turned around and found that they had both bowed again.

 

“Nn,” she let out a voice in assent.

 

The fairy maiden didn’t say anything else and simply took my hand before leading me out of the room. I turned around to face my parents before waving at them. 

 

___

Outside the house, the fairy maiden suddenly waved her sleeves, a speck of light that shone in the darkness flew out before enlarging into a sword with a wide width.

 

“Fairy, where are we going?” It was currently in the middle of night.

 

“To my home,” she simply said before stepping onto the flying sword.

 

Seeing this, I followed her before stepping behind her. The sword sank slightly from my weight before floating back up.

 

“Hold on tightly,” hearing her voice, I wrapped my hand around her before pressing against her behind, when I felt her suddenly stiffen for a moment.

 

“...” after awhile nothing seemed to happen, causing me to be slightly confused.

 

Su Muqing remained silent, however I found her breathing was a little off.

 

A few moments later, she suddenly declared. “we’re setting off!” 

 

Along with it, I felt the sword under us shake before suddenly thrusting into the air.

 

The abruptness caused me to close my eyes and hug her more tightly so I didn’t fall off when I felt the sword shake again, causing my heart to skip a beat.

 

Flying is too scary!

 

I closed my eyes tightly until the wobbly feeling stopped, allowing my heart to calm down.

 

“Fairy, my legs feel wobbly….”

 

“Sis Muqing is fine, hehe, so Xiao Xiao is afraid of heights~” Hearing the second half of her sentence, I pouted before opening my eyes slightly.

 

However the sight caused me to stiffen before my legs started to feel like jelly.

 

I’m going to fall off!

 

I felt a soft and firm hand suddenly grab onto mine. 

 

Cold, that was the impression I felt, her hand was icy cold.

 

A wave of cool energy traveled from her before wrapping around me, stopping me from falling downwards.

 

I closed my eyes while hugging her tightly.

 

___

“We’re here,” hearing her voice I opened my eyes, I found that we were above a sea of trees. In front of us was a large mountain that seemed to pierce the clouds. 

 

“Fairy Muqing, I need to….” I flushed at what I wanted to say next. 

 

“Hmm~?” her tone seemed to stretch a little far, giving me a bad premonition when the foothold under my feet disappeared.

 

“Kyaah!” along with my scream, a warm feeling spread from between my legs as we plunged into the sea of trees.

 

Wuu! I cried inside my mind, something is wrong with this fairy!

 

When the feeling of falling stopped, the feeling of being dragged by something disappeared, feeling my jelly feet land on the ground. Luckily I was still being held by a strange energy, or else I’d topple onto the ground.

 

“Shishishi,” she placed a hand over her mouth before letting a weird laugh at me, “looks like we’ll have to get you to change.” she looked down at the spot towards my legs. 

 

“Sis Muqing… where will I go to change?” The wet clothing stuck onto the skin of my thighs and legs causing me to feel discomfort. Using a hand, I pulled on my pants so that it wouldn’t cling onto me. Unfortunately there wasn’t anything I could do about my underwear.

 

There was also another problem. I didn’t bring a change of clothes with me. My parents didn’t mention it either since Su Muqing had led me straight out of the house, probably afraid to dissatisfy her.

 

She nodded in satisfaction before patting my head, “Sis Muqing seems to be good.” afterwards, she looked around. Since it was in the middle of the night, aside from the slight bits of moonlight coming down from the gaps of the foliage, everything was dark causing me to feel fearful.

 

I reflexively moved closer towards Su Muqing before grabbing her hand. Of course not with the one that was clenching my pants.

 

Taking my hand she led me towards a certain direction. The sound of insects chirping as well as beast roars sounded, causing me to stick closer towards her.

 

“There won’t be any beasts around here,” she said in a gentle voice before stopping in front of a mountain wall, “we’re here.”

21