4 – Ji Xiaoran
516 10 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The leaves had already turned orange, and had scattered onto the grass in the clearing in front of the cave entrance. Feeling a refreshing breeze blow in, I closed my eyes to enjoy it, when I smelt something off.

 

Knitting my brows, I looked around, and found something off from the corner of my vision, however I couldn’t see it due to being blocked by the cave wall.

 

However I hesitated… 

 

Wuu… is it safe to go out? 

 

For some reason, the pressure to go outside seems to have grown a little heavy….

 

Turning around, I went back to the room, “Sis Muqing,” going over, I began to nudge her shoulders. She was currently lying lazily on the bed, giving her an enchanting feeling.

 

“Hmm?...” her groggy voice sounded causing my heart to become a little itchy.

 

“Can I go outside of the cave?”

 

“Nn,” hearing my question, she gave me a voice of assent before sitting up and stretching, causing the contours of her chest to prop out from her outfit.

 

“I’ll go with you,” getting off the bed, she took my hand before leading me outside the cave, the pressure rising as I moved towards the entrance. 

 

I’m definitely not afraid of the outside world!

 

Unfortunately, even if I was hesitant, Su Muqing continued to lead me outside of the cave, however my legs gave way on me, causing her to turn around.

 

“What’s wrong?” she tilted her head in confusion.

 

“I don’t know…” I lowered my head. Wuu...for some reason, I felt as if I had no face left.

 

“Hahaha Xiao Xiao, don’t tell me you’ve become a shut in.” 

 

“...” Did I really become a shut in?

 

“Xiao Xiao, the world outside is vast, staying inside a cave all the time is no good~” afterwards, disregarding my hesitation, she dragged me outside the cavern while I closed my eyes tightly.

 

“We’re already outside,” hearing her voice again, I opened my eyes and found that we were standing in the middle of the clearing. The nervousness, wait I wasn’t nervous!

 

Looking around, I found that we had walked through a mountain wall, which was probably an illusion similar to the one inside.

 

Aside from that, there was someone lying face down on the ground.  Judging by the person’s clothing and size, it was a man. On his back was a red stain, while a ball of light floated on top of him.

 

“What’s that ball of light?” 

 

“It’s a ghost, hmm… why isn’t it entering reincarnation?” her question went in one ear and out the other as I widened my eyes, while my legs felt a little numb

 

“What’s wrong Xiao Xiao?” 

 

I stiffly turned towards her as she nudged my shoulders.

 

Seeing my expression, she placed a hand over her mouth before laughing, “I’ll protect you okay? Hmph, if it comes over, I’ll just get rid of it, although it won’t be able to enter reincarnation if you destroy it.”

 

I nodded before moving towards her.

 

“What will we do?” We can’t just leave it outside of the cave right? There was also the person’s body lying outside. While wondering, the ghost had started to float towards us, “Sis Muqing, it’s coming over!”

 

“Mmhmm,” she frowned, when the ghost suddenly stopped.

 

“Please help me,” the voice of a middle aged man sounded, despite already being passed half dead, he was still calm and collected. 

 

I turned to look towards Su Muqing.

 

She placed her hands on her chin, probably wondering if she should help. In the end, she nodded, “sure.”

 

Taking out a white glove from somewhere and placing it on, she moved towards the corpse. Following this, I watched as she took out a pill from somewhere and crushed it. It turned into a small stream before falling onto the back of the man.

 

Unfortunately, I wasn't close enough to see what was happening.

 

While waiting for a bit, Su Muqing grabbed the ghost, using the white glove before shoving it back into the body. Afterwards,.She nodded in satisfaction before coming back to my side.

 

“Sis Muqing, what glove is this?” 

 

“It’s made of the threads of a soul eating spider,” she explained before passing me the gloves. It was silky and soft, yet it wasn’t sticky despite being made of spider threads. I placed with it for a while, when I heard rustling sounds, causing me to look towards the body on the floor.

 

The man in front of us had gotten up from the ground. Just like his voice, it was a large middle aged man, he looked left and right before moving his arms, and legs. After doing a few fist routines, he turned before bowing towards us, “this one is Gu Zhengtian, you have my heartfelt thanks.” 

 

Su Muqing waved her hands, “since your soul didn’t enter reincarnation even after dying, it means you’re not meant to die yet.”

 

He nodded before turning to leave.

 

“Xiao Xiao, we’re going as well, since we’ve decided to help, might as well help all the way. Staying in the cave all the time is no good,” she pulled my hand, however I pulled back.

 

Ignoring the reprimanding look she gave me, I blushed, I still hadn’t placed on my panties… however I couldn’t say it while someone else was here.

 

“I need to change first,” in the end I decided to just throw this phrase down and went back into the cavern. She had brought me a few sets of clothes during the past few months due to the fact that I was growing, and one pair of clothing wasn’t enough.

 

Finding a random pair, I placed it on before deciding to change into a new set of clothes as well. 

 

Seeing everything all set, I found Su Muqing waiting for me in the outer cavern, she took my hand before leading me out of the cave causing me to pout. It was only scary for the first- wait that’s not right!

 

Upon exiting the cave again, the Middle Age man seemed to have returned to his starting position. Seeing us, he nodded before turning to leave towards another direction.

___

Lincheng City, a small city that was a small city that was located next to the forest that we came out of. Seeing the bustling music as well as pedestrians on the streets, I felt a liveliness of civilization. 

 

Su Muqing brought me to a restaurant, upon entering the waiter greeted us.

 

“Seats for two,” she said briskly. The waiter bowed at us before leading us up to the second floor of the restaurant before leading us to a table by the window.

 

Upon seating us, he gave us a menu before going away to get. I waited silently while staring out of the window before turning my attention back to Su Muqing. Seeing her pretty face, I narrowed my eyes in delight. It was a type that I could never get enough.

 

She smiled at me as well, probably already used to it, “Xiao Xiao, anything you want?”

 

Hearing her, I turned my attention back to the menu. Wuu… I hadn’t eaten anything for months, everyday was that fasting pill.

 

“I’ll have sauteed chicken over rice,” after telling her what I wanted I placed it back down before resuming watching her when she suddenly passed me a manual. It was the concealing diagram.

 

Taking it, I started to look at it. Since I was almost finished with memorizing it, I no longer needed her help to view it for long periods of time, although it was still mentally exhausting.

 

“Have you both decided on your orders?” hearing the voice of the waiter, I looked upwards. Su Muqing gave him the names of our order before pouring both of us a cup of tea. I placed the warm tea next to me, so that it could cool. 

 

As for using spiritual qi for it, although I could, I felt it was a complete waste to do so. Each strand was precious and took time to gather.

 

Going back to staring at the diagram, I had a feeling I’ll be finished after a few more days when I suddenly heard the sound of a chair.  

 

It was a cute girl who looked a few years older than me, and younger than Su Muqing. 

 

“Can I sit here?” she asked us. I turned to look at Su Muqing. 

 

“Do as you please,” 

 

Seeing this, I turned to look at the book I was reading when the girl came over, causing me to feel slightly uncomfortable. Closing the book, I turned to look at her.

 

She giggled at me, “I’m called Ji Xiaoran, you’re both cultivators right?”

 

I pursed my lips, however I remained silent.

 

“No need to be so nervous, I’m one as well, although my cultivation base is only at Qi Gathering,” she waved her hands at me before turning to look towards Su Muqing, “if I do anything, my little life would probably be gone.”

 

Soon the waiter had come over with the food. Ji Xiaoran ordered a vegetable dish. After sending the waiter away again, she turned to look outside the window, or rather the sky. Her eyes were a little wistful and worried.

 

“??” I tilted my head while looking at her.

 

She let out a sigh, “the world is falling into disorder, and the end is coming. Yet it can also be seen as a chance....” taking a cup, she lightly sipped the tea.

 

“Xiao Xiao, eat before your food gets cold,” suddenly Su Muqing’s voice sounded, causing me to turn to look at her. For some reason, she seemed a little dissatisfied?

 

Nodding, I lowered my head before eating the food silently. As for what Ji Xiaoran said, I threw it into the back of my mind. 

 

“Senior Sister,” suddenly the voice of a young lady sounded, “we have to go,” 

 

She came over to our table before stopping by Ji Xiaoran, afterwards she scanned the both of us curiously before giving us an apology, “sorry to bother you both.”

 

“Mhm,” Ji Xiaoran nodded, “then if fate wills it we’ll meet again.” Getting up, she led the older girl away before paying for her food.

 

“Senior Sister, why are we even in the mortal realm? The qi here is so thin…” the girl complained.

 

“To see an old friend, also your inheritance…” the last part was cut off as they had gone too far. 

 

___

After exiting the restaurant, Su Muqing led me towards an inn. It was a large multi-floored building with the words Clearwater Inn located on a signboard.

 

Upon entering, there was a large lobby with people sitting down. Some were gossiping about the City Lord taking a new concubine, while others were speaking about the recent martial arts competition by the alliance. Or the resurgence of the demonic sects, as well as monsters appearing recently.

 

Hearing about the monsters, I remembered about the one that had attacked our village. From Su Muqing’s description, it was a ghoul. They were split into 2 categories, a natural ghoul and artificial ghouls.

 

Natural ones would be the one that attacked our village while artificial ghouls included ghoul cultivators, people who practice a corpse eating technique, or someone like Gu Zhengtian. 

 

Except there's a difference between Gu Zhengtian and an artificial Ghoul, which is he doesn’t have a corpse eating technique. 

 

Cough, a ghoul that doesn’t eat corpses isn’t a ghoul, right?

 

15