Chapter 9
263 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we returned to the inn room, Xia Yan was already there along with Yao Cuihua. Her traits were currently similar to how we saw Xia Yan the first time, purple veins and all.

 

"I've taken control over her," Xia Yan explained before pouting, "hmph, if Qiu Zhelan wants her back, she'll have to pay a price." afterwards she doubled checked on our side.

 

"We've rescued your Mom, as for her partner... Qiu Zhelan, I've already told her to wait in the cave if she wants her back."

 

Xia Yan nodded, "then let's go?"

 

However, Su Muqing shook her head, "wait for tonight," she turned her gaze towards Yao Cuihua, "with her looking like this, it'll attract too much attention on the streets."

 

"Oh..." Xia Yan showed a slightly disappointed look. 

 

Going over to the desk, I sat down onto the chair while staring off out the window again. As for Su Muqing, she sat next to me, "what's wrong?"

 

I shook my head, "nothing, Sis Muqing... sewing kit?" after getting the needle strings and clothing from her, I started began to practice on the fabric. Since I had nothing to do, I was about to carefully knit the concealing diagram on it, when Su Muqing stopped me.

 

"If it isn't a magic treasure, you shouldn't place that diagram on it," she gave me a warning, "otherwise if someone uses their spiritual sense, they'll see right through it."

 

Blushing, I stopped myself before starting to knit something else.

 

"Let's go for a drink?"

 

The weather had gotten cooler over these past few days, causing me to want to go out more.

 

"You two go ahead," Xia Yan waved at us, "I'll stay here to keep watch over her."

 

Nodding, we left to the tea house that didn't have a name. After ordering our drinks, I absentmindedly drank it before swapping with Su Muqing. Wuu...why do I feel a little empty inside....

 

When we exited the store, I went in front of Su Muqing before spreading my arms, "carry!"

 

She chuckled at me before lifting me up. I wrapped my arms around her neck before placing my chin on her shoulders while looking listlessly at the surroundings. People were already wearing thicker clothing. 

 

Su Muqing patted my back before carrying me to the park before sitting under a tree again. I released her before turning around and plopping myself on her lap while looking at the sky. The blue sky was gone, and instead it was an endless expanse of white.

 

"Xiao Xiao, rest," she hugged me while leaning against the trunk of the tree, afterwards she softly patted my head. Closing my eyes, I enjoyed her softness and warmth before falling asleep.

 

When I woke up, I realized I was being carried by Su Muqing as she went back to Clearwater Inn. The skies had already darkened as well.

 

She led me towards the side of the inn when two figures jumped through the window. They were Xia Yan and Yao Cuihua.

 

"Ready?" Su Muqing asked.

 

"Mhm," Xia Yan nodded repeatedly before going ahead, probably eager to reap her rewards.

 

After returning to the cave, we found Qui Zhelan waiting inside the cave, her arms crossed in front of her while her face was completley expressionless.

 

"So, what do you want?" She asked us, or rather Xia Yan.

 

"The poison mantra,"

 

Qui Zhelan silently took out the manual, "how will we do the exchange?"

 

"Hand over the book, and I'll undo the poison before returning her to you."

 

Qiu Zhelan laughed, "sure, but how will you retrieve the book?"

 

"..."

 

Seeing us remain silent she threw a suggestion, "how about having her retrieve it~" she pointed at my direction, causing my hairs to stand on end.

 

"Your dreaming," Su Muqing declined for me.

 

"I'll have Yao Cuihua retrieve it, then I'll undo the poison before returning her to you," Xia Yan said.

 

"Not possible, how do I know you won't go back on your word and not return her?" Qiu Zhelan frowned.

 

The place became silent again.

 

"Have her come retrieve it, I'll move to the right side of the cave, while you undo the poison. Afterwards, you'll have Cuihua walk back to me, while she brings the book back to you." Qiu Zhelan signaled to me again before placing the book down on the floor. Afterwards, she made her way towards the right side of the room.

 

Xia Yan looked at me, while I looked at Su Muqing.

 

"I'll go instead," Su Muqing reached a hand forward, causing the book to fly towards her, however partway through, as if something interfered, the book landed on the ground again.

 

Clang

 

Before I had noticed, Su Muqing had blocked the needle that suddenly flew our way with a sword.

 

Qiu Zhelan charged at us with a long knife in her hand. While she was at it, she opened the slit of her qipao, revealing a dagger that was strapped around her inner thigh. Taking it, she threw it sideways.

 

"Crazy!" at the same time Xia Yan had been thrown away. It was Yao Cuihua. She grabbed the dagger that had flown her way before running forwards and stabbing the dagger at Xia Yan.

 

Xia Yan flipped in the air before unsheathing the sword to block the blow.

 

"How?"

 

"Hehehe, as if your little poison can control me. Unfortunately, I'm tired of playing puppet," Yao Cuihua didn't give her time to fix her stance and continued her assault.

 

The sound of metal colliding caused me to turn my attention back to Qui Zhelan. Seeing the sharp blades collide at such close range along with the sound of screeching metals, my heart started to beat faster.

 

"Sis Muqing, let me down, I'll run outside the cave!" It definitely wasn't afraid! I just didn't want to get in her way.

 

After blocking a strike again, Su Muqing retreated before lightly throwing me towards the entrance. Upon landing I was about to make my way outside the cave when Xia Yan called me.

 

"Ling Xiao, help me grab the book, I'll give you a reward later!" Hearing Xia Yan's proposal, I gritted my teeth before making my way back.

 

After making sure I stayed far away from both sides, I grabbed to book, when I suddenly felt a sting, causing me to drop it. From between the pages a bug had crawled outside before running away.

 

Wuu! not good!

 

A feeling of weakness took me when I collapsed onto the floor, however my consciousness didn't fade away. Aside from that I also felt slightly hot....

 

"Xiao Xiao!" the sound of metal colliding grew more intense.

 

Suddenly I was picked up by the waist by Qui Zhelan before she placed something cold against my neck. I widened my eyes, it was the sharp long knife she had.

 

"Don't move," She ordered before turning and calling her partner, "Cuihua!"

 

Yao Cuihua retreated and came over and stood by her side. 

 

"What do you want?" Su Muqing asked.

 

"Let us leave," Qiu Zhelan demanded Su Muqing and Xia Yan to move away form the entrance.

 

With her knife still on my neck, she carried me out of tha cave.

 

Wuu... I wanted to cry, in fact tears had already formed at the corner of my eyes. I also felt my body heating up, causing me to let out a moan.

 

Upon reaching outside, they two turned towards the cave entrance. Su Muqing and Xia Yan had followed along.

 

"Remove the formation."

 

Su Muqing pursed her lips and did as she said.

 

"I want the inheritance, you both had beat me to it right?" Qiu Zhelan gave a condition, "hand it over, then I'll release her along with  curing the aphrodisiac."

 

Su Muqing did as she said and took out the jade pendant that caused a reaction to my bloodline. Seeing this, I felt as if my heart was bleeding. Unable to stand it anymore I began to cry, also I wanted Sis Muqing's cold cold!

 

"Quiet, otherwise don't blame me for accidentally cutting into your neck," Qiu Zhelan's voice brought my crying to a halt. Hiccuping, I shivered in her arms.

 

"Wa! Xiao Meihui, it looks like we came across an interesting event!" Along with a familiar voice, two sets of footsteps sounded. Turning to look, it was Ji Xiaoran and her junior sister. "How about releasing her? The inheritance that you want is actually on me," afterwards, she took out another jade slip.

 

"..." For some reason, I felt the atmosphere grow a bit awkward.

 

Ji Xiaoran showed a helpless look. "While playing around, I accidentally got into it, my apologies." Afterwards, she took out a scroll. "This is a contract scroll, the conditions will be you hand her over to me as well as cure whatever poison or aphrodisiac you placed on her, and I'll give you the inheritance. We'll also guarantee your safety."

 

"..." Qiu Zhelan remained silent for a bit, however she nodded in the end. "Deal."

 

Afterwards Ji Xiaoran crafted a contract before passing it over.

 

After signing the contract with blood and handing it back, Qiu Zhelan fed me a pill before releasing me. I ran over towards Su Muqing, the weakness and hot feeling had disappeared. Afterwards, Ji Xiaoran passed the inheritance over.

 

When everything was done, Qiu Zhelan left with Yao Cuihua, leaving the 5 of us in the forest.

 

"Are you feeling okay?" Su Muqing showed me a worried look.

 

"Nn" wiping the tears from my eyes, I nodded before opening my arms. "Carry!"

 

She showed a helpless look before taking me in her arms. I nudged my cheeks against her while secretly sniffing her scent.

 

"Thanks, we owe you one," Su Muqing thanked Ji Xiaoran and her Junior Sister.

 

Turning around, I thanked them as well, when I saw Ji Xiaoran show me a weird look.

 

"Actually... I do have something I want from you both."

7