Chapter 11 – Silent Sea
224 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An endless expanse of water that stretches all the way towards the horizons. The blue skies without a single cloud.

 

While wearing a set of thick clothing along with mittens, I held onto a wooden stick while facing a girl who had long black hair tied up in high twintails. She currently had an odd look on her face as she got into a stance.

 

"Ready Xiao Xiao?"

 

"Nn," Nodding, I concentrated.

 

Xia Yan kicked on the deck of the ship, lightly appearing in front of me.

 

I sent a horizontal slash to ward off the sword she sent, however it was a tad too strong, causing me to feel a rebound.

 

“Wide open!” she smacked my shoulder using her wooden sword. Coincidentally, a wave impacted on the hull of the ship at the same time, causing me to lose my balance and trip onto the floor.

 

"Eei!"

 

Getting back up, I charged at her with an overhead strike.

 

She blocked again before returning a diagonal slash, that was much lighter and slower.

 

I twisted my hips before sending my own strike at hers, the rebound knocking our swords away. Placing strength into my arms, I attempted to send another slash at her when she kicked my chest. The layers of padding made it so I wasn't hurt, however I sent sprawling backwards.

 

Rolling, I mean turning around, I got back up before catching my breath.

 

Wuu...this is a little too hot.

 

"Xiao Xiao maybe you should remove all of those clothes?" Sis Muqing said from the side.

 

"But it feels a little dangerous..." I felt hesitant.

 

"I'll control my strength, I guarantee you won't get hurt!" Xia Yan patted her chest before readying her sword.

 

I bit my lips.

 

Taking off the mittens, I started to remove the sets of clothing that were on me until I was left with my inner wear. Feeling the sea breeze blow against me, I narrowed my eyes in comfort.

 

Afterwards, while my heart pounded from excitement, I ran towards her with my sword raised in the air when the boat shifted again, causing me to trip onto the floor.

 

"Peh," I spat out a tooth that had fallen off in a daze. My spiritual qi began to be consumed, and along with it a feeling of hunger as a new tooth began to grow in place of the one that had fallen off. 

 

"Hahahaha," Xia Yan suddenly started to laugh, probably unable to hold it in any longer.

 

I glared at her. "As if you haven't swapped your teeth!" Wuu! I was just at the age where I was growing permanent teeth!

 

"Apologies, I don't need to change my teeth," she grinned at me, revealing two long fangs.

 

Afterwards she went off to the side before picking up a jar before drinking directly from it, purple veins began to surface on her face along with the whites of her eyes. After letting out a sigh, she closed the jar before sitting cross legged on the deck to refine it.

 

The jar was one of the many that Ji Xiaoran had brewed for her. Half a month ago, upon arriving at a town next to the Silent Sea, the two had separated from us. They had traveled to the Mortal Realm using a ship from a sect alliance called the 5 Colored Alliance, and would be returning the same way.

 

In order to board it, we would need to obtain passes that had been scattered throughout the mortal Realm in order to recruit disciples.

 

"It's okay Xiao Xiao," Sis Muqing came over before placing me on her lap, with one hand on my waist while the other patted my head.

 

Leaning backwards, I began to nudge my cheeks against hers while feeling her soft chest press against my back.

 

She laughed and nudged back before taking out a porcelain bottle. After rolling out the pill, she placed it in my mouth. parts of it dissolved into juices that rolled down my throat, counteracting the feeling of hunger that I had.

 

Afterwards when the draining stopped and my tooth had completely grown out, I placed the fasting pill back into the bottle.

 

Closing my eyes, I entered into a meditative state before controlling my qi to move in the pathways of the Mysterious Method. After making a full rotation, I stopped controlling it. However I didn't exit the meditative state.

 

Not long after we had left Lincheng 2 and a half months ago, my entire body had started to hurt, causing Sis Muqing to panic before sending her spiritual sense inside of me. However she couldn't find the problem. 

 

Luckily Ji Xiaoran seemed to know a lot more, as she asked a few simple questions while giving us an odd look before saying that I had bumped into a  bottleneck, and that I should stop cultivating right away.

 

When I was around 70% recovered, I stopped my qi circulation as much as possible. Although it was still subconsciously traveling in the direction of the Mysterious Method due to it being engraved into my body.

 

Su Muqing patted my head. "Let's head back." The sky had already darkened.

 

"Nn," leaving Xia Yan on the deck, we returned to our room.

8