Raito 1 – When God Is Bored He Builds New Worlds… Mine Was Next, Unfortunately…
2.5k 10 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MISEKAI

When God Is Bored He Builds New Worlds… Mine Was Next, Unfortunately…

[Raito]

 

 

I never expected God Himself to be a fan of mine.

When I was creating my game I never had the thought it would be popular honestly. Let alone the fact that I would be having the Holy Maker and His Angels become obsessed with it.

It was just a game where you summoned mythological warriors and controlled them, and fought other people online. I mean, there was more to do, but it wasn't anything special.

It was earlier that day that I found out any of this...

I suddenly found myself in some sort of otherworldly realm. I had just finished making myself an excellent breakfast and had found the time to sit at my desk and relax when of all things it happened.

An angelic girl appeared before me.

She dressed in a long white t-shirt which wasn't exactly how I pictured a holy Angel to dress. She hovered about, flapping her feathery wings. She wore no pants only white undies, which I deduced by the amount of leg revealed to me. I could admittedly see a lot from my position below her.

Come to think of it, we dressed quite similar. Perhaps we both were lazy NEETs who played games in our pajamas all day.

"Raito-san...! But didn't you wear that same pair of black underwear yesterday?"

Those were the Angel's first words to me.

I could tell this was going to be a bizarre experience for me from here on.

"...? I'm not dead, am I??" I asked.

"Sorry about your cereal. I realize it'll get soggy if it just sits there on your desk but I needed your help~"

"..."

"It's not like I really interrupted anything anyways. It's not like you do much."

Now I was here with a spoon in my hand and an angelic being chastising me.

I had to be dead. This must be hell. I'm forever stuck in this room with her. The constant fear of my cereal getting soggier by the minute was surely going to drive me insane.

But, she did make it sound like she was only borrowing me. If that was the case, I hope this was only a quick question or two. I hope I wasn't trapped in a real-life isekai.

This is how most of them start off after all. A moment of confusion, some almighty figure oppressing you, then banished to some fantasy land for the rest of your life.

It checks all of the boxes.

Damn. As fun as an Isekai adventure sounds, I'll pass on it. You see, I'm rich now back home. My game is widely successful and it's even got its own manga and anime series releasing soon based on the light novels. I'm going to be able to sit back and do absolutely nothing soon! Just like I used to, but this time with lots of money.

"Who are you?"

I questioned with my spoon in my mouth.

"Whoops, I should probably do a proper introduction~~"
The Angel cleared her throat.

"My name is Serenity. I'm an Angel and the Overseer of your island region. I know this might be a lot to take in but we've summoned you for a particular reason, okay~~"

"What is it?" I asked.

"You know the online game that you developed on your own? God Game Royale?"

I nodded my head.
"I know a little about it."

"Well, I've been watching you play it for months straight now and I started playing too, but I can't beat my coworkers, no matter how many times I try."

"Wait?! You play GGR?!"

The Angel looked embarrassed.

"I need your help, Raito-san," said Serenity the Angel.

"You're telling me Angels play video games?"

"Yep. What else is there to do up here? It's boring. There's no scenery and everyone is too busy getting along. Games are the only way we angels ever get to release our anger! Who do you think is yelling at you on the mic!"

"Usually some Russian guy, if it's on PC. If I'm playing on a console it's usually an angry twelve-year-old. Are you telling me those are..."

"Yep. Those two were Angels! Artyom loves games!" said the Angel.

"Hmm, alright. .. So what did you need help with? Beating your coworkers, you said?"

The Angel nodded her head.

"Which summons do you main?" I asked.

"I like to use Enyo..."

I choked on her reply, coughing loudly.

"Enyo?! Enyo damages herself with her own special moves. She's like Pichu before they made him good. No wonder you've never won a game. For starters, you should choose Ares, who is an all-around better Slayer-class summon."

The Angel giggled.
I had accidentally exposed my nerdiness.
Damn.

"But, I'm good with Enyo," said Serenity.

"It doesn't sound like your good at all if you can't beat any of your coworkers."

"Enyo is the best, okay! I'm good with her!" she insisted.

"No one's good with Enyo! So there, you don't need my help anymore. Just pick a different summon and try someone new. Now can you send me back home? This place is making me uncomfortable. It's like I'm dead and waiting to be judged on my past life."

"Well, you see. At first, it was only me playing the game but it soon spread to the other Angels. Now every Angel here plays God Game Royale... erm, even the Almighty himself," said Serenity.

"The Lord plays God Game Royale?! I can't picture God playing video games honestly. I bet he wins every time, doesn't he?!"

"Not only does he play obsessively --which is why he has no time for prayers anymore-- but because of our complete obsession with the game at the office, so to speak, we've decided we needed to experience that world for real."

"Uh, what?....did you just say?..."
Did she just say what I think she said? I don't like where this is going.

"We've recreated your game for realsies! Isn't that exciting?!"

"No! That's horrifying!" I shouted.

"Aw, man. I thought you'd be excited! It's your world after all! Usually, the Almighty creates movie and anime worlds. He doesn't normally do it for this genre! It's awesome!"

I shook my head.
"Seriously cancel those plans! That's a terrible idea! Our world is fine, we don't want to experience God Game Royale in real life! I came up with most of the game mechanics when I was sleep-deprived! I stayed awake for seven days working on terrible world-building. The elves weren't sexy enough! I had to dedicate myself to it! Because of this, the rest of the world isn't even well made or thought out! Don't do it! I stole most of my characters from my favourite games and shows even! It's a bad idea!"

"Well, it's too late! The Almighty is already too excited to see his new isekai in action. Since you are often at the top of the leaderboard in your own game we would like to get your opinion on it. Playing your own game competitively is pretty unfair by the way! It's like when the Almighty's Son played Earth Isekai and used all those cheat codes. Anyways, we want to make sure the world meets with your expectations, of course!" said the Angel.

"Great..."

"It is! Isn't it?"

"No! No, it's not!"

"One last thing..." said the Angel.

I let out a deep sigh.
"What is it?"

"The Almighty asks if you have any requests before we send you to this domain. Surely, you'll want an advantageous bonus, which we shouldn't allow... You are the Holy Maker of this world after all. What item do you want? Is it a powerful memento? Or maybe a fancy dinner? Any wish is fine."

(Well, I already know not to take her with me. I already know the outcome of an event like that happening.)

"Fancy dinner? You're making this sound like my last meal! Am I going to die down there?"

"I mean, probably. Everybody does," said the Serenity with a shrug.

"Jesus, Serenity," I replied.

"You want your legendary wish to be Jesus? He would probably enjoy exploring this world with you, actually. I'll text him."

"Wait, what?! No, it was only an expression! Stop texting him! That's not the legendary wish I want!"

"Oh. He just replied. He sounds stoked man!... I'm going to have to tell him you said no now..."

(It's actually pretty hilarious she has Jesus on speed dial, but maaann this Angel was dumb in the head. How she became an Overseer was beyond me.)

"Oh, by the way. Angels read thoughts. Most prayers are done internally as a matter of fact!! So stop it, you dummy! I'm just glad I'm not some pervert weirdo like you, who lewds his own video game characters. That's weird, dude!"

"You're being lewd right now! We're literally having a conversation in our underwear."

"What's weird about that? Who's got time to get dressed?" said the Angel.

"You're just as perverted as me I bet."

"I'm pure as a leaf, you NEET," said the Angel.

"Pure as a leaf is not an expression. No one says that."

"They do in Heaven!!"

The Angel fluttered her wings.
"So which magic thingy was it again? The Almighty told me to give you at least one super cool power or item before I let you leave. It can literally be anything. Your wish is my command. We don't care what you pick, because it'll be entertaining either way. You sure you don't want to take Jesus? He's a wizard at RPGs. Literally, Jesus is the best in the office, besides you know who -- the Big Cheese."

"This will be a very quick mission! I promise! Just go down to the new world and make sure it meets with your expectations!" she insisted.

"I have a question first. Are there game-like rules in this world?
Like server-side inventories, statistics and skill levels and level ups?"

"I dunno, I can't remember. That's not really my department."

I was going to request to be an Admin. That would give me access to all of the overpowered abilities and impenetrable invulnerability. But, it could also be a waste of a wish if this world goes by real world rules. I'd end up just being a normal guy with a useless Admin badge.

Maybe if I requested access to my dev room, assuming they recreated my game's world completely. I could just nab all of my secret developer gear from there and use that. There was an item there that would even allow me to open portals to return back.

Wait, I'll just ask for the portal item.
From there, I'll teleport in.
I'll grab all the gear one by one...
As much as I can carry and I'll store it in ----

"---- Eh, stop trying to form some complicated plot in your head and just ask me for the World-Edit ability. You'll be able to do what you need with it."

Shit, I keep forgetting she can read my thoughts.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go with that, I guess."

The Angel wiggled her wings and hovered down to my level and by pressing her finger on my nose, she shrunk me down in size. She was now holding me in her hand like a little chess pawn.

The world began to generate around us. From my position on top of her palm, I could see the entire map of the familiar world I've spent thousands of hours creating appear before my eyes in pristine graphics.

"It looks like there are people down there already. Yeah, there's definitely people! Are they NPCs?"

"Oh. Well, we didn't just generate the world now. We just loaded it up for the first time on my server. Those are players from other worlds. Most of them are probably from Earth Isekai."

"How long has this world existed?!" I asked.

"This save file? I mean, I dunno. Angels don't perceive time the same as humans. Awhile I guess. I mean, they are still very much in their early days. But, so are Earth Isekai humans as a matter of fact. A few thousand more years and Earth Isekai might actually be a fun game. It's too similar to an RTS right now for me. Tense country border patrol simulators aren't my kind of game. I think even the Almighty got bored of it," said Serenity.

I could hear the sounds of a phone vibrating...

HHHHHHHH....!

HHHHHHH...!

HHH...!

"One moment here... I'm getting a call!" said Serenity.

Serenity dropped me down to the world below. I flailed to and fro through the air.

I descended down towards the ground, doing somersaults on my way down. The wind tried to pull off my boxers, so I held them tightly in place.

I soon collided with the ground, creating a perfectly sized indent of my body in the grassy field below.

[Well, I'm surprised that didn't kill me.]

Serenity appeared above my crater hole, which felt like my personally dug grave. She had a dumb smirk across her face. Serenity was back to her regular size-- back to her natural short stature.

"Welcome to God Game Royale, Summoner!"

"Ugghh... She's using the intro line to my game... It sounds so cheezy when she says it..."

Serenity flicked me a small aluminum pin which I caught in my hand.

"There's your Admin badge! Now go explore the new world and make sure it meets with your expectations!"

"Well, my expectations are extremely low, so from that overhead view I seen I'd say it looks great. You guys knocked it out of the park. Great work team. Now I'm done right?"

"I'll pull you out when you've completed your mission!"

"It's still pretty unclear what that mission is!"

"Make sure to have fun! Bye bye now, sexy Raito-san!"

 

I think I'm going to cry.

Why did this happen now!

It should have happened when I was poor and doing nothing, not when I finally made a name for myself and had money!

What a cruel, cruel world!

24