Chapter 1: Pulled to Another World
281 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What we need is to adapt and evolve! It is our only way to pave our future!”

 

  • Rathra Stalings

 

 

The soul… one of the most glorious and terrifying achievements of mine, only to be hidden in my mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t as useful as it would be if one was an adult. In my theories, a young child could completely utilize the soul at their age, whether one has an adult to help or has the memories of the methods to cultivate it. Using my A.I. computer, I was able to simulate numerous methods in order to advance the soul, but they vary in strength. From my discoveries, it helped in improving memories and two things that are hidden within the potential of humans, which I called it, mana, though both aren’t one hundred percent similar. It is a subject that I feared, if delved into and discovered, may disrupt the galaxy. Though, my computer responded that the potential of these souls and they can have the power of up to a howitzer from WW2. But the dangers are the experiments of human weapons. I thought about it, and if given the opportunity, the government may reap millions of lives in order to create a powerful soul and a weapon that the selfish pigs will use. Yet, while I did discover it, I wasn’t able to see a soul’s true form until now.

 

Surrounding me was a group of six people coated in black and white cloaks, three on the left and three on the right. A golden symbol decorated their right breasts, depicting a fisted hand that shined a golden lustre, forming a valour vibe. Each held an object, but mysteries and power radiated from them. The room I was in had dim lights, barely for my eyes to discover the outlining of the walls and objects nearby. When my eyes reached the source of the light, my thoughts froze. Souls! I couldn’t understand what was happening while a hurricane stormed in my mind. From the image I gazed upon, there was my luminescent body, glowing and translucent, showing a faint outline of my body. But what surprised me more was that there were three other souls behind my back, but I couldn’t discern their looks except for an outline of a human body. They, too, seemed to be confused with the situation considering they made confused actions.

 

The air was filled with a dense and ominous vibe that enshrouded the room, making me uncomfortable. Something emerged from my mind and with it brought the knowledge of language I’ve never heard of; the Thesinian Language. I wanted to continue my thought process to understand my situation but I was suddenly interrupted by one of the white-cloaked beings on my right and in the middle of her group of three. The voice was feminine and gentle, breaking the dense air. She spoke, “This is our last opportunity and it seems that we are lucky enough to procure four souls.”

 

“I’m not sure if this luck or if it is a bad omen, Rathra. To conjure 4 souls in our final summoning rather than two proves that the danger our race is facing isn’t normal,” a masculine voice replied from a black-cloaked being on my left.

 

“Yes, it seems odd for such a thing to happen. This has never happened in our history nor the other races’. But, we will have to make the best out of it. As for whether we fall or rise, it will be up to one these souls, Corey,” said a charming, feminine voice next to Rathra.

 

“Enough talk! Remember, our time is limited and we must choose our last chosen one. The other races had already done theirs and it’s pressuring our people. The question is, who do we choose,” questioned Corey and all six beings began to ponder.

 

“I’d say we should choose this one and destroy the others,” a man, next to Corey, pointed to a soul beside me, “I sense a great strength coming from him. If grown properly as a child, he will be able to lead us with great power!”

 

Agreement and nods were seen in all of the cloaked beings except for Rathra. But what I was concerned the most about was the destruction of the other souls, and that included myself. Panic rose from the other two souls, struggling to move in their form, while the chosen soul began to radiate in proudness as if it expected to be chosen. This is it, my existence is near its end. I wanted to cry tears but I couldn’t. Instead, I stayed motionless, waiting for my impending doom. Like an old film movie, my memories flashed before my eyes, showing both my sorrowful and happy moments. It is my time to repent for my sins in the oblivion realm.

 

“Wait,” Rathra quickly exclaimed, “I think we should change our choice and select that soul.”

 

She then turned her body towards me, while having her object pointed towards my soul. I was surprised but hope began to soar within my mind, yet it was dampened seconds later by the following voice that spoke.

The man that I assumed is Corey, shifted his face at Rathra, “Why so? This soul here doesn’t seem to fluctuate any strength. Choosing him will be the death of our future!”

 

Rathra countered, “Yes, I understand that his power doesn’t amount much, but I sense something else within him. But, before you refuse my offer, hear me out! In the last three summonings, we have chosen the most powerful out of the pair based on their strong fluctuation. Yet, out of the three chosen ones, two had died in the racial wars, while the third is gravely injured, serving to only keep the others at bay for the meantime. And now, we are given four options: three powerful souls and one enshrouded with mysteries. I can sense great knowledge within this mysterious soul. It seems fate and destiny is testing us. Maybe, it’s time for a change in our criteria.”

 

“And what if your theory is wrong? You do realize that if this soul brings worthless knowledge, it is basically handing our heads to the other races.”

 

“But that’s the thing! Even if we gain a powerful being in our ranks, the best it can do is slow down our inevitable destruction! Do you think two heroes will be able to defeat four? Or an entire army? No! It won’t work, especially when our circumstances are turning dire. The only reason we are surviving right now is because of the influx of resources we receive from expensively trading with the Elves and Beastmen, while the Dragon race would only surface if the Demons were to act. The Dark Elves and Orcs are coming for our heads and each passing day, they approach. Our people aren’t as strong as them and our mechanical devices can only do so much. We need to make a gamble! What we need is to adapt and evolve! It is our only way to pave our future! And this soul may be the key to that future.”

 

After Rathra’s speech, the group of six argued, pointing out facts and reasons in order to sway each other’s opinion, while my sorrows slowly dissipated as my hope regained new vigour. On the other hand, Corey’s chosen seemed to panic along with the other souls, attempting to escape. I couldn’t blame them; if I was in their shoes I’d probably had done the same. Nobody wanted to die, especially if it appeared to be a complete death where your soul shall forever be non-existent. As it was now, it was useless to try and struggle, but I prayed and hoped that their choice was me.

 

As soon as their argument was resolved, their attention turned towards our group. This was it, their final verdict was about to be revealed and my existence depended on it. Though, I think my chances are quite high, considering that their main focus was kept on me.

5