Chapter 1 Engagement and the Future
385 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I have important new to all of you, Yuuya-kun and Shizuku-chan come forward, please!”

Hearing Yuuya and Shizuku names got called, everyone began to speculate about the announcement. The most popular was one of them would transfer to other school. Hearing others student Hajime felt worried. After all, if Yuuya got transferred to other school. Hiyama group harassment would become worst but after saw Yuuya’s face which smiled really wide, there was no way Yuuya would transfer school as he always want to had same school as Shizuku  he thought.

Yuuya and Shizuku become center of student attention as they stood in front of class. Surprising everyone, Yuuya held Shizuku’s right hand. Blushed due unexpected hand holding, Shizuku hid her face with her pony tail. “Eh what with this Intimate act, weren’t they sibling” that what everyone thought before Yuuya made the whole class room broke in an uproar with his announcement.

“We engaged to each other,”

“”“what!?”””

After Aiko-Sensei calmed the students, Yuuya explained his past. He adopted by Shizuku family, Yaegashi family and trained to become the successor of Yaegashi Dojo (included Hidden side of Yaegashi) due his talent. As Yuuya was orphan, he would take Shizuku family names after they got married. Everyone seems shocked not only due their engagement buy the mention marriage which still far away for them. After all, they still high student. Sadly, it seems their childhood friend was no wise man.

“W –Wait! Shizuku engage with Yuuya? You’re going to marry him? Did master arrange this marriage? Just say it, I would tell master to stop it,”

Kouki couldn’t seem to accept that Shizuku would marry Yuuya. Dense as he was, this seemed come out of nowhere. Kouki didn’t know that Yuuya was adopted nor Yuuya would become successor of Yaegashi family. He only saw Yuuya as Shizuku’s little brother. He even thought the reason why Yuuya and Shizuku separated in middle school due how overprotective Shizuku to Yuuya. It actually reverse, Yuuya was too overprotective to Shizuku.

“Kouki-kun. This was my own decision,”

“Shizuku? This doesn’t want make sense. You have always been with me, Shizuku … you’re my childhood friend … so … you have to stay with me, isn’t that right?”

“Kouki-kun. As Yuuya’s Bride, I will support and stay with him,”

“Shizuku,”

“Yuuya,”

Shizuku answer made Kouki speechless. His mind still processing what happen in front of him, Yuuya and Shizuku watched each other like no one exist around them, like the world was just for two of them. Kouki start pinching his body, to make sure this only a dream. Hiyama’s group clicked their tongue. The female students looked at Shizuku new side, while the male students looked Yuuya with envy.

“Ahm”

“Moo, can both of you stop entering your own world? We are in class, now,”

Hajime only could smile with his best friend antics. Aiko-sensei was tried to clear her throat while giving signal to the lovebird, my students already lovey-dovey even though I almost 25 with no lover Aiko-sensei though with sadness. Kaori fed up with her best friend and childhood friend antics, they should only does it in private not when they hang out together nor in class. Honestly, it made her jealous

Hearing her best friend fed up voice. Shizuku realize she in front of class, feeling embarrassed she hide behind Yuuya. He smiles due his fiancé cute act far away from her usual cool vibe she usually had. Yuuya escort Shizuku amidst the chaotic feeling everyone have.

Aiko-sensei began homeroom with weird and awkward feeling envelope the entire class. As always, Hajime start to doze off. Kaori sight that lock on Shizuku change to Hajime as she watched he enter his slumber. Shizuku and Yuuya still in seventh heaven because their engagement.

After awhile, the classroom began to grow noisy again. As a habitual classroom napper, Hajime’s body had naturally attuned itself to know when to wake up. This was why his hazy consciousness was able to discern from the surrounding noise that it was lunchtime.

 

Hajime rummaged through his bag and brought out his lunch, a simple meal that could be finished in ten seconds, but still fully sated him. It seemed that most of the lunch buying group had already comeback from the cafeteria. A majority of people in Hajime’s class usually brought their own lunch though, which was why around two thirds of the class usually still remained. Additionally, it seemed that some of the students had questions for the fourth period social studies teacher also homeroom teacher, Aiko-Sensei, and were milling about the teacher’s podium. Not mention all girls in class gossiping Yuuya and Shizuku who have lunch just two of them completely in their own world. After all, usually Shizuku eat together with Kouki’s group while Yuuya eat alone as Nagumo search place to sleep again (due Kaori) after he ate his ten second lunch.

 

Slurp! Gulp! Having finished recharging his energy in just ten seconds, Hajime laid back down on his desk, planning to get some more shut-eye. However, the school goddess, perhaps more of a devil in Hajime’s case, smiled happily as she scooted her seat closer to his, preventing him from returning to his slumber.

 

Hajime groaned inwardly. Monday must’ve made him take leave of his wits. Normally he would’ve quickly eaten his lunch and bolted out of the classroom to find a secluded place for his afternoon nap, but two straight days of all-nighters had apparently taken their toll on him unlike Yuuya.

 

“That’s rare, Nagumo-kun. You’re still in the classroom. Did you not bring a lunch? If you’d like, you can have some of mine.” As the frigid atmosphere descended upon the classroom once more as every student were change their observation to Kaori and Hajime. Hajime screamed internally.

I’m tired a yer shit, his exasperated mind screamed out in some strange dialect. Hajime attempted to resist the inevitable as that thought crossed his mind.

 

“Ah, thanks for the invitation, Shirasaki-san. But I’ve already finished eating my lunch, so why not eat with Amanogawa-kun instead?” He showed Kaori the remnants of his packaged lunch as he said that. The rest of his classmates would probably have hated him for refusing too, but at least it was better than spending his lunch break walking over a bed of nails.

However, such a feeble resistance meant next to nothing in the face of the great goddess, so she continued relentlessly.

 

“Huh!? That’s all you had for lunch? That won’t do at all, you need to eat a proper meal! Here, I’ll give you some of mine!”

Please, please, just give me a break! Why can’t you realize already!? Read the mood for once! With each passing moment, Hajime could feel the pressure mounting, and his saviors finally appeared as cold sweat started running down his back. Kouki and Ryutarou, Hajime really hope Shizuku and Yuuya instead them. But they probably still in their pink barrier.

 

“Kaori, let’s all eat lunch together. It seems that Nagumo needs some more sleep. And I won’t allow anyone to eat Kaori’s delicious handmade lunch while half-asleep!” Kouki flashed Kaori a dazzling smile as he said that pretentious line. As he also try to ignore pink aura between Shizuku and Yuuya, but Kaori simply looked puzzled. Kaori was a bit slow, or rather just an airhead, so Kouki’s handsome guy appeal was lost on her.

 

“Huh? Why do I need your permission to share my lunch, Kouki-kun?” Shizuku and Yuuya let out involuntary snicker as they heard Kaori ask that question in such an earnest manner. Since they already finished their lunch, they decide to help Nagumo. Kouki began laughing awkwardly and tried to change the subject, but the important point was that the four most famous people in school were sitting together with Hajime and the rest of the class was not at all happy about it. Hajime sighed deeply and continued grumbling to himself.

 

I wish these guys would all just get summoned to another world or something. I mean, just look at them, they’re the perfect party of four before Yuuya take Shizuku from party. Kouki even feel like the kind of person that’d get sent to another world. Can’t some god or princess or priestess or something just summon him away from here? Trying to escape from reality, Hajime sent his thoughts out to whatever other worlds were out there. He stood up and was about to give his usual evasive answer, when suddenly he froze.

There was a glowing silver circle engraved with various geometric patterns glowing in front of Hajime, at Kouki’s feet.

 

The rest of the students all saw the strange circle as well. Everyone was frozen in place, staring at the weird glowing pattern that, for lack of a better word, looked just like a magic circle. Unconsciously Yuuya was shouted “Get out from here!”

 

Everyone unfrozen due Yuuya shout, the nearest student to entrance tried to get out. Sadly there seemed some kind barrier bouncing the student back to classroom. They were in 3rd floor making jump from windows were dangerous.

 

The magic circle began to glow brighter and brighter, until its light enveloped the entire classroom. The circle itself began expanding as well, and when it finally grew big enough to cover Hajime’s feet, everyone finally started screaming. Aiko-sensei, who had remained in the classroom also start panicking while yelled “Everyone! Stay close to each other!” at the same time the magic circle flared up in a brilliant explosion of light.

 

After a few seconds, or maybe a few minutes, the light finally began to fade, and color returned to the classroom. However, the room was now deserted. Some chairs were knocked over, half-eaten lunchboxes were sitting on desks, and chopsticks and plastic bottles were scattered across the room. The classroom had everything still left in it except the people.

The mass high school disappearance incident caused quite a stir across the world, but that story would be forgotten due certain phenomena.

1