Chapter 18: Friend
482 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Azura approached Wilhelm and Amelia. “Follow me, both of you.” She said this and immediately turned back to return to her room. Wilhelm and Amelia looked at eachother, but

instead of confusion, Amelia saw excitement in his eyes. “Grandfather?” She was confused, Azura had told them to follow her and when she turned to persuade her Grandfather, she only saw excitement. “Quick, Quick! This may be the most historic moment in our universe!” Wilhelm grabbed her and pulled her, it was probably her first time being pulled and not pulling.

 

Wilhelm entered the room and saw Azura sitting on a chair, holding the book to her chest. “Do you know who wrote this book?” Azura whispered. “No, there is no mention of the author.” Wilhelm held his granddaughter's hand tightly, if she really was her and they made a mistake, who knows what would happen. As he thought this, he immediately remembered the bear hug he gave her. Amelia felt her hand get a bit wet, as wilhelm sweated.

 

“It was my brother, you said you found it 500 years ago? To have entered here, he must have spent every bit of his magic. No, maybe even his magic wasn’t enough, he might have also used his remained lifespan. With my lifespan, if I wasn’t killed, I could have lived for one million years. With his lifespan? Only 100,000 or so years. My sword and armour have universal magic in them which raises your power and magic, which in turn raises lifespan. I’ve been gone for so long, someone must have tamed the magic spirits in them by now..”

 

As Azura spoke her voice got more and more quiet but they could still hear. Wilhelm, ever since he found out it was the the brother of Azura who wrote the book, knew that Azura was the Immortal Empress that the book wrote about. He kneeled and did a complicated, archaic looking salute. Amelia meanwhile, was shocked. ‘Azura died? Her brother could live that long, and she could live even longer? Swords and armour can increase power? Magic spirits?! What is this?’ As the Grandfather-Granddaughter duo were thinking different things, they heard something from the girl on the chair.

 

“Do you two wish to become nobles of the Sibir Empire, or perhaps royal friends? Make a wish, each of you have one. This is your reward, Wilhelm Von Deut for bringing me this book.” Azura spoke as she looked at them with her fully blood red eyes, black hair and an Emperor’s aura behind her.

 

Wilhelm immediately told Amelia to kneel down, and she did so without any resistance. “Your Highness the Immortal Empress of Sibir, allow me to become your follower!” Wilhelm without caring of his status. If he could become the follower of this Empress, he could live better than any emperor in the universe. He noticed his granddaughter was not responding so he quickly whispered to her “Quickly wish to become the Immortal Empress’ follower!” Wilhelm was distressed, if Amelia didn’t respond soon, maybe the Empress would get annoyed.

 

“Uhm.. I.. uhmmm… Immortmhmm--” Wilhelm looked up and saw Azura hugging Amelia to her chest. “You are going to be my friend, whether you want to or not.” Amelia blushed when she heard this. Wilhelm on the other hand felt like his granddaughter was going to be stolen away. “Do you have another other family members still alive that will be joining us?” Azura asked as she let go. “Answering to the Empress, it is only us two that are alive. Amelia’s parents died several years ago due to sickness." Wilhelm answered respectfully.

16