Chapter 26: Journey Plan
394 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning, just as the sun rose, Azura opened her door and saw Amelia and Wilhelm standing there with excited faces.

“You’re up quite early.” Azura grinned as Amelia nodded like a woodpecker.

“We’ve already prepared a carriage for this journey.” Wilhelm said with a groggy voice. He had spent the night preparing everything for the journey and only had a couple of hours of sleep.

Azura nodded as they walked outside towards the front of the academy.

At this point, everyone in the academy was flustered and panicked from the constant events that happened recently, along with the fact that Ost was missing, no one cared about their group of 3 leaving.

At the entrance, there were many carriages lined up. Some higher up noble families had recalled their children and were just waiting for them. Soon, the academy would only have the children of the lesser nobility or peasants whose hope is this academy.

Wilhelm looked around before walking towards a carriage near the back. The carriage was beautifully decorated and held an insignia with 2 green dragons holding up a red shield. This was the insignia of the Von Duet family which was Amelias and Wilhelms family.

At the front was Artemis taking the lead of 4 white horses with wings. Curious, Azura inspected them while petting Artemis.

“What are these?” Azura asked as she felt one of their wings.

“It’s a Pegasus, although they’re not locally found in Xerpor, Tyran has lots of them so it’s a lot easier to acquire them than before.” Wilhelm quickly answered as he held the door open for Azura and Amelia.

“Oh.” Letting out a sound, she nodded and entered the large carriage. It was almost like a room. It had 4 beds and a large table in the middle.

On the table lay a couple of maps, one of which had a green string stretched across it.

“Please, take a seat. This is a rough map of where we will be going. Also, we’ll be heading out now.” Wilhelm pulled out a chair for Azura and Amelia. He then opened the door slightly and whistled, causing the carriage to begin moving.

Wilhelm sat down and began pointing to several red spots on the map, “Now, we will have to go past several major locations on our journey to the Northern Continent. First, Xerpor Capital City in about a week, we’ll stay there for a couple of days as I have some things to do there.” He paused and looked to Azura.

Seeing her nod, Wilhelm continued, “Second, we’ll head towards the Elven Dwarf Mountain. Elven Dwarfs as you may have guessed are hybrids of Elves and Dwarfs. No one knows when they first appeared, but they were always discriminated against by both races. They sought refuge with Humans and successfully made a single city of their race on Elven Dwarf Mountain. We’ll reach that in roughly a month

And third, before we get to the border, we will have to pass Radiant Ghost City. It’s a city controlled by spirits of all kinds, rumour is, they even have some connections with Sibir, so even if it’s somewhat out of the way, it’s probably good if we go there. It will probably take several months to get there but we have time. What does Empress think?” Wilhelm knew that Azura would want to know anything Sibir related, so even if Radiant Ghost City was quite a ways off from the border, he still decided to go there.

“Good, we’ll do that then. By the way, can those.. Pegasi… fly or not? Why are we still on the ground?” Azura asked as she looked out the window. Everything was whizzing by. Even a modern Earth car couldn’t go this fast yet they didn’t feel any bumps nor vibrations at all.

“Individually, yes, they can. But they are too close and cannot spread their wings to fly, even if they could be spread apart to allow for flight, this carriage is too heavy and doesn’t have any modifications to allow it for flight.” Wilhelm put on a troubled face.

“This is already the best carriage I could get, I doubt even the royal family would get a carriage like this unless it is for official business.” He sighed, he had truly spent a lot of money to rent this carriage. Of course, they won’t be returning it, so he might as well say he stole it.

“That’s fine, it’s quite fast even if it doesn’t fly.” She smiled contentedly.

14