Chapter 28: Capital (2)
571 10 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Azura and Amelia were getting comfortable in their room, the palace in the middle of the capital was almost shaking from the roars of Emperor Len.

 

“You bastard! You dare talk about my daughter like that!?” Emperor Len pointed at Han Su as saliva spewed from his mouth.

 

He had been trying to introduce his daughter Kayla to him but no matter how or when, Han Su always kept refusing. Just now, Kayla had tried to pressure him only to be mocked.

 

He dares speak to me like that? Even the Supreme General wouldn’t roar at me. Han Su stood steadfast with a cold glint in his eyes as he glanced at the girl being consoled by her mother beside 

Emperor Lens throne.

 

“Forgive me, but I have a wife and 2 kids. I won’t marry her no matter what.” At those words, the girl started crying even more as she ran past him and out of the throne room.

 

She’s only 14, what kind of sick world is this. Han Su felt disgusted at the thought of Emperor Len trying to get his daughter to marry him. He was already in his late 30’s while she was barely a teenager.

 

Seeing his undisguised disgust, Emperor Len frowned slightly and was about to rebuke him some more until he saw a servant enter with a letter in his hand.

 

No lust, no greed.. What else could I possibly use.. He soghed as he waved his hand toward the servant.

 

He quickly brought himself in front of the emperor and handed him the letter.

 

“It’a normal for a young man like you to have multiple wives.. Haa, forget it for now then. It’s been a week so far. I want you to prepare for the speech and rest properly, although training everyday is good, rest is also necessary. Go, familiarize yourself with the city and the people, a servant will hand you some gold on the way out.” Emperor Len read the paper quickly with a frown as he spoke to Han Su, burning it into ashes once he finished.

 

Han Su has been trying to learn magic ever since he got here, but currently, all he could muster was a spark. Since Earth had too little magic energy, he couldn’t have learnt how to absorb it and by now, his body was too old to properly learn. Everytime he tried to absorb magic energy he felt a burning pain in every part of his body.

 

But fortunately for him, he had his mech and his combat skills so although it was disheartening for him to learn that he couldn’t use magic properly, he quickly got over it and kept practicing with his laser pistol and lightsaber harder than ever before. A couple of people shooting at him? He could easily handle it. A mage casting lightning, a fireball or causing a spike of earth to pierce towards him? How could he deal with something he doesn’t know?

 

Han Su saluted and quickly left the palace. Taking a sack full of golden coins from a servant, he strolled through the markets looking at all the strange and primitve yet familiar objects for sale.

 

Hearing people shouting at him to try and bring him over, he smiled as he took in the atmosphere. When was the last time I got a vacation?

 

His smile suddenly deepend as he saw some children sneaking behind a fruit stall. Indeed, kids will always be kids, no matter the world.

 

Han Su was born an orphan, abandonded on an outpost planet to be raised by the military. Being drilled constantly everday, he grew a resistance towards authority and the harsh punishments that came along with disobeying their orders. He loved watching other disobey orders or fail at their task only to get punished, he almost had a severe case of scheudenfruede.

 

Seeing a fat man returning to the stall and the kids begin to panic, he almost burst out laughing.

 

Then, just as the man was about to see them, a soft and charming voice spoke out. “Excuse me sir, how much for these... Oranges?” The voice sounded confused.

 

Even without looking, Han Sun could tell that the voice belonged to a beautiful girl, but when he actually saw her, he almost gasped. T..Too inhuman! How can a girl be this cute? Wait… No… Isn’t she that thing!? The girl wore a thick black robe but it didn’t do anything to make her look ugly. Her charming smile and azure eyes coupled with her long black hair made the thick and rough looking robe appear like an exquisite dress.

 

But unlike the other young men who stared at her with an intense desire, Han Su only felt fear and panic. He reached for his pistol but calmed down quickly.

 

No.. She can’t be, if she was, she’d be several thousands of years old by now right? I better make sure. Han Su shook his head trying to increase his alertness as he blended in with the crowd while staring at her.

 

“Hello beautiful young lady, these are oranges indeed and they’re normally 1 silver per kilo, but if you buy 3 kilos at once I’ll make it 2 silver and 20 coppers, how about it? I’ll even get some boys to help you carry them free of charge!” The fat man put on a business smile as he put 3 baskets on the table.

 

Behind him, the kids were sweating bullets as they gave a thumbs up to Azura and grabbed some apples and berries before clumsily sneaking away, dropping some berries in the process.

 

Hearing the sounds behind him, the fat man turned around and grabbed a broom as he threw it at them. The broom left behind a blue trail as it followed one kid and hit him in the back causing him to fall.

 

The fat man laughed and was about to walk to him, only for the kids friends to drag him and his food away.

 

Dumbfounded, the fat man snorted and stretched out his hand as the broom flew into his hand. 

 

“Kids… I swear to the royals I’ll kill you one day!” He yelled as he picked up a fallen berry and threw it in the direction they disappeared with a red light. The berry flew in zigzags, avoiding people narrowly as it turned a corner and hit a kid in the forehead, leaving a black mark.

 

“Haha! Next time you come here I’ll definitely catch you and send you to the guards!” He laughed triumphantly as he leaned his broom against the table as he turned back to Azura only to see her gone.

 

“Damn it!” He kicked his broom away in frustration only for it to fly back to him.

 

Meanwhile, Azura was walking around window shopping while munching on an apple and holding a basket of oranges.

 

Her smile grew cold as she walked into a dark alley, quickly disappeared into the shadows.

 

After a couple of seconds, Han Su entered the alley looking around with furrowed brows. How can she just disappear.. Does she know magic, or is there a secret door here?

 

He didn’t know what capabilities magic has, but it could summon him to another world, so teleporation or invisibility wasn’t off the table.

 

“Following a girl into a desolate alley is quite inappropriate, young men like you need to be re-educated, and to be quite honest, you found the perfect teacher!” Azura appeared behind Han Su as she tossed a half eaten apple behind her.

 

Hearing her voice gave him chills, it was the same voice his female superiors used when his comrades had gotten caught trying to sneak into a female camp.

 

He took out his pistol and aimed it at her, trying to calm himself.

 

“Ooooh! A laser pistol? You must be one of the heroes the country summoned eh?” Beckoning her hand, the pistol disappeared from Han Su’s hands and into hers. “Pretty primitive though..” She sounded slightly disappointed as she disassembled it, inspecting the parts.

 

Reassembling it near instantly, she flicked a multicoloured ball straight into Han Su’s face.

 

“What the f..” Before he could finish, he felt weak. A myriad of colours he had never seen before appeared as he looked to his hands only to see them stretching out. He dropped to the floor as he felt his legs weaken. Trying to find the cause he looked at his legs only to see them in the distance.

 

He let out an intoxicated laugh as his head fell limp.

 

Raising an eyebrow, Azura picked him up over her shoulder as she remarked, “You don’t have much magic energy in you at all huh? I thought that you’d last at least a minute against my Intoxicating Dream. Well, there’s no need to worry, I’ll fix that soon enough.” She patted his ass with a laugh as a door of light materialised in front of her.

 

Stepping inside, she appeared in her hotel room with Amelia staring at her with an open mouth.

 

“Who’s that? Why did you kidnap him? Is he someone important?” Amelia hopped off the bed and started inspecting Han Su.

 

“This is your future husband. Information and nostalgia. Probably, but who cares, the world won’t end from one hero missing. I’m going to take a bath.” Azura tossed him onto Amelias bed as she patted Amelias head on the way out.

 

Amelias face turned red as she glared at Han Su on her bed before running out of the room and to Wilhelms.

18